Profile for Toothsayer > Reviews

Offered by encorerecords
Price: 38.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Utter s*** - DO NOT BUY, 1 Nov 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
Doesn't work. Despite having a GTX Titan, FPS is literally ZERO - and this is Campaign mode, NOT multiplayer. Front end of game (options screen) an AWFUL, confusing pig's breakfast created by uncaring, shameless thieves who want only to steal your money and then disappear without a trace. Game seems to have to be run through "Origin" AND its own website - just to make the experience completely and needlessly convoluted and time-consuming. EA really are the CANCER of modern-day gaming. DO NOY BUY this piece of s***, unfinished, untested rip-off. I give it zero stars but Amazon makes me have to give it one.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 3, 2013 10:16 PM GMT

Madden NFL 13 (PS3)
Madden NFL 13 (PS3)
Offered by Game Trade Online
Price: 11.86

1.0 out of 5 stars I will NOT be buying this., 5 Sep 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Madden NFL 13 (PS3) (Video Game)
I decided to boycott Madden after buying its first two editions on the Xbox 360. Quite simply, the game has completely lost its way since its glory days on the Megadrive, PS2 and original Xbox.

EA's latest blunder is to remove Franchise Local Co-op from Madden 13. IE: You and a friend can no longer take a franchise each and build them together over the course of 30 seasons. Instead, it appears this style of play can only be accessed via the Web.

I find this development contemptible and proof that EA and Tiburon (with all their guff and gushing about improved physics and flashy opening sequences) really have no clue about what fans actually want.

It's time to take this project away from Tiburon (and preferably EA too) and put it in the hands of a fresh and hungry developer that has the passion and imagination to re-invigorate this once-proud franchise.

Philips SVC2543W/10 LCD and Plasma Screen Cleaner Kit
Philips SVC2543W/10 LCD and Plasma Screen Cleaner Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars High price but a quality product., 6 Dec 2010
You get what you pay for in this life and that's certainly the case with this product.

This Philips Screen Cleaner cost twice as much as the last cleaning fluid I bought. Why did I pay twice as much? Simply I'd allowed my plasma to get into a dreadful state and the cheapo option didn't come close to getting rid of the grime - in fact, it left a series of streaks which made the whole thing worse and had me worrying that they would be permanent! Enter this product from Philips which sorted everything out in a few easy wipes and had the telly as good as new in less than a minute. It may be a little pricey but "penny-wise, pound-foolish" comes to mind and it must be pointed out that you do get quite a large bottle - I cant see myself having to buy another for years.

Mangroomer Do-It-Yourself Electric Back Hair Shaver
Mangroomer Do-It-Yourself Electric Back Hair Shaver
Offered by Roses Beauty Store
Price: 51.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Can an electric razor on a stick really change yr life? Maybe...!, 6 Dec 2010
I really can't believe anyone reviewing this product could possibly award it less than five stars.

Okay, so it's nothing more than an electric razor attached to a crooked stick (ideally shaped for reaching every inch of your back - and it also folds up for handy storage) but why would you possibly want anything more complicated for removing back hair? It certainly beats the sticky ordeal of using removal creams - which never seem to work anyway, usually stink to high heaven and often get smeared on my forearms, or even worse, my head!

I suffered from adolescence with 2 patches of hair in the most difficult to reach parts of my back which were always unsightly (at least to me) and extremely ticklish, especially during summer.

All of that is (literally) behind me now thanks to this product - it really does reach every part of your back and is actually very pleasant to use - try using it on areas of your back you have been previously unable to reach and you'll see what I mean! One session takes about 5 minutes and the effect is incredibly smooth and lasts for at least a month until its time for the next trim.

You could quibble about the quality of the razor or the sturdiness of the handle but why? The price is fantastically low for such a literally life-changing product and if mine ever breaks then I'll happily buy another.

I'd give the Mangroomer 10 out of 5 if I could - the best thing I've ever bought on Amazon!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Funky and different!, 2 Sep 2009
I had to buy a new wallet after my trusty old leather one accidentally went through the washing machine and disintegrated.

Wanting something different to the standard leather wallet, this nice, silver Ducti really caught my eye and I'm happy to say it has been a great success and drawn a few admiring comments.

Not much to say really - it does everything a standard wallet does but it's made out of duct tape rather than leather or another material. Perhaps slight drawbacks include a little creasing of the silver finish (it's nearly 6 months old now) but it really is nothing major. Another slight snag is that duct tape is highly inflexible so the wallet can feel noticeable in the pockets of tighter trousers but perhaps this is no bad thing for a wallet.

Overall, great product and, best of all, duct tape is waterproof although I doubt the leather/canvas interior would survive a spin in the washing machine.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Not great and suspiciously cheap., 2 Sep 2009
I decided to buy this super-strength gel to augment the 17% brand supplied by my dentist because I was attracted to its 35% strength and extremely low price.

Perhaps it was too early in my treatment but after several treatments, I couldn't detect any change in whiteness and reverted back to the weaker gel (called Voco) which has now made a genuine difference. It did take time (6 weeks approx) to see a real improvement (almost totally white now after being quite heavily stained by nicotine) so I may give this product another chance but overall I was disappointed by its performance compared to the supposedly weaker Voco.

Also, be warned: The packaging is scanty at best with no details of the manufacturer or supplying company which is a little disconcerting. Also, the syringes are enormous and much too cumbersome to squirt the gel into dental trays - I had to transfer it into a smaller Voco syringe before doing so.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 22, 2010 10:16 AM GMT