Profile for Dani > Reviews

Content by Dani

Dani (Brighton, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Zehui NEW Blue Circular Pendant Collar Puppy Led Safety Night Light Pet Dog Collar
Offered by Viskey(From HK, 15-35 days delivery)

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy - great idea but badly executed, 10 Jan. 2015
Terrible! When it works it's great. We had 3 of them - all broke within a week. One broke the clip part when trying to attach it to the collar for the first time. The second one once turned on wouldn't turn off after the first time turning on and the third one wouldn't turn off within a week. It's a great design idea with a very bright light and an option of flashing or still light, great idea of a push on and off (no twisting to turn on which breaks the other types quite quickly) and light enough in weight for cats (7grams) but they just don't work. Really disappointed.

Cat Daddy: What the World's Most Incorrigible Cat Taught Me About Life, Love, and Coming Clean

1.0 out of 5 stars Only about Jackdon himself - not cats., 3 Aug. 2014
I love Jackson's Galaxy's work and his whole approach. I thought this book would be about cats and their behaviour through his work. Instead it's about his life and I'm not one who wants to read about people's struggle with coping with life and addiction in a first world country or as they call it "first world problems." There are "kitty bits" in it like in his fab show which as a very experienced owner of rescue cats had a few things I didn't know. If you want a book about why cats think the way they do don't buy this book. If you want to read about Jackson's life then this book is for you. I still love his work and think he's a great guy but I wish his book was about cats not himself.

Panic Mouse Purr-Pet-Ual Motion (1)
Panic Mouse Purr-Pet-Ual Motion (1)
Offered by Bargain Warehouse

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money - avoid!, 12 Dec. 2013
Our cats love their panic mouse and their undercover mouse so when I saw this toy I couldn't wait for it to arrive. It's awful. If I could give it no stars I would. The arm part rotates use round and round, does not change direction and the balls in the I side part don't move properly. They just get slung to the edge of the toy in a few seconds and don't reach the internal arm. Our cats totally ignored it. Much better to buy your cats either a panic mouse or for real fun Da Bird interactive toy. Avoid the Purr-pet-ual motion toy or you might as well just set fire to your money!

SAFE 12 V Petnap Electric Cat Dog heat pad mat 33cm x 44cm
SAFE 12 V Petnap Electric Cat Dog heat pad mat 33cm x 44cm
Offered by Petnap Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for cats with arthritis, 30 Sept. 2013
Our middle aged cat Kali has bad arthritis in both her front legs and her back that vet painkillers don't reduce enough and we've tried all the treatments including cartrophen and gold bead implants. I noticed she would seek out hot spots in our house even though our heating is on all day. After reading reviews of other arthritic cats owners I bought this. She loves it! It's on top of her bookcase ( we put shelves as steps up to the bookcase that's her favourite spot as she couldn't jump up from her cat post anymore). She now has her bed up there and this mat is separate just laid on top of the bookcase and she can't get enough of it. I put a book on it for 30 minutes when we first got it so it heated up and then showed her it was hot and she curled up on it straight away.

When she gets too hot she moves off it into her regular soft pet bed and then back to the heated mat again. It's really helped her walking. She's been running and playing with catnip toys. Postage was fast. I've bought another one as our other middle aged cat wants to try it but Kali won't share it so having two will save the squabbles. The lead is long enough to run from a plug on the floor up to a very tall bookcase which is great as a lot of cats are "tree dwellers" and like high positions to rest on. It comes with a car charger for some reason. Not sure why as dogs should be in the front seat. Maybe that's for motor homes / caravans? I bought a spare cover at the same time so whilst one is in the wash she has a spare so she can use it all the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ties nice and tidy, 30 Jun. 2013
I wa sick of my husband's ties going all over the floor of his wardrobe as his last tie rack was useless. These are great. We got a few so he cold colour coordinate his ties together to save him time in the morning. Well made and also very space saving as the metal arms fold back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Purrfect!, 30 Jun. 2013
Planted these outdoors. Cats like it. It looks nice too and arrived in very good condition. Cat grass is good for cats and this was good value for money.

Source Naturals Coenzyme Q10 Sublingual, Peppermint 60 Tabs, 30 Mg
Source Naturals Coenzyme Q10 Sublingual, Peppermint 60 Tabs, 30 Mg

1.0 out of 5 stars Taste horrible, 30 Jun. 2013
Just vile! I have a lot of nasty medicine I have to take and I was recommended to take q10 by my doctor. I have trouble absorbing medicine so anything that is liquid or dissolvable is good. This is dissolvable but is just disgusting and you soon want to spit it out. You can't taste any peppermint at all. Don't waste your money. If I could give this 0 stars I would.

Contech ScareCrow Motion Activated Animal Deterrent
Contech ScareCrow Motion Activated Animal Deterrent

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for safeguarding YOUR cats at night from neighbourhood Toms, 30 Jun. 2013
We love cats and have had many rescue ones over the years. Our garden is very cat friendly with lots of kitty houses, outdoor cat trees and catnip plants. Our kitties enjoy it in the day ( thus stopping their need to wander) but at night when they are locked in the local cats who aren't locked in come and spray all over our garden and even our electronic cat flap and un-neutered cat pee stinks to high heaven. Our cats became stressed at the scent of other cats spraying all over their territory so we needed a humane solution. I saw the Scarecrow used on a USA cat behaviour show to keep out unwanted cats. It's purrfect! We set it when our cats are locked in and sucess! No stinking cat pee all over our garden or catflap/back door or the rest of the garden. Our cats are no longer nervous going out in the morning and weren't smelling round the usual hot spots for pee. The back door and cat flap didn't drip of cat pee when opened so no need to clean it or the kitchen floor first thing at 6am every day. They aren't guarding the house at night either by pacing from window to window so they are much happier. Our 3 cats have litter trays and we even pay for an extra service to get the litter collected by the council once a week and hygenically disposed of. We are responsible owners and for that reason we get on with our garden loving neighbours but sadly other cat owners round here aren't so responsible. For cat owners the Scarecrow is perfect if your cat is locked in at night and you remember to only set it when your own cat is locked in and turn it off before your kitty goes outside in the morning. It is humane as my hubby tested it out when we first set it up and got wet but not hurt. The noise is loud so it will scare off any unwanted cats probably before they get wet as cats can react fast. Wish we'd heard about the Scarecrow a long time ago. It can be very powerful so check it does not overspray into your neighbour's garden but it has a lot of settings to alter the sensitivity of the beam and the strength of the water spray so you can cover as big or little an area as you like. It is battery powered too so not expensive to run. Fully recommend it to safeguard your locked in kitties at night.

Doghealth Rubber Matting 1m x 1.22m x 3mm thick
Doghealth Rubber Matting 1m x 1.22m x 3mm thick
Offered by DogHealth - leaders in dogcare

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality but it has an unpleasant strong smell, 22 May 2013
We needed some kind of rubber matting to stick to floating bookshelves which we were using as steps for our cat up to a bookcase. She has problems in her spine and front legs so jumping up her cat post to get to her bed on her bookcase was getting too difficult. The shelves were very slippeyb so we needed a material she could grip on with her claws.

This matting is great for pets claws and sticks down easily to any surface with glue. It really helps her use the new "steps" but the drawback is it has an awful smell to it so its not really suitable for indoor use. We are hoping the smell will go in time. If it didn't have the smell I'd give it 5 stars. The cat doesn't like the smell either.
Super fast shipping from the seller.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 11, 2013 8:20 PM GMT

5.0 out of 5 stars Miracle neck pain relief!, 26 Dec. 2012
I have a condition which affects all my muscles and joints called Ehlers Danlos Type 3. It causes severe pain in all my joints but my neck would really hurt in bed even though we had M and S pillows. It's a pain like arthritis but with the complications that my joints can pop out/dislocate easily. I've tried all sorts of pillows over the years but non helped that much with my neck pain when in bed. The second I laid my head on my Tempur Cloud it was a When Harry Met Sally moment! It's very supportive despite being very soft. It's good for both side and back sleeping. The pillow does seem high but it is great for neck support when your head is on it. I'm on morphine for pain relief due to my health problem. My neck pain went from a 8/10 to a 4/10 in one night alone and I didn't have my usual thumping headache on waking. I woke without a headache for the first time in 5 years!! After a few nights my neck pain in bed is now 3/10. My hubby who is healthy but has neck and shoulder pain tried it. He loved it and it made his neck and shoulder pain disappear. He finds even deep tissue massage doesn't do as good a job as one night on the Cloud. But best of all NO snoring! He's a closed mouth snorer but so loud you can hear him outside the house! With the Cloud his neck is supported so his airway is fine in his sleep and he didn't snore! Not once! Three nights on the Cloud and he's a reformer snorer! No noise at all from him, not even a quiet snore and he wakes up refreshed and no neck pain. The downside? Now I want a Cloud mattress to help all my other joints! And I'm dragging hubby to a bed centre tomorrow to try it out!
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 29, 2013 6:21 AM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3