Profile for D. Simpson > Reviews

Content by D. Simpson

D. Simpson "bookworm" (uk)

Manners Cost Everything
Manners Cost Everything

5.0 out of 5 stars Crikey...., 13 Aug 2014
Could not put this book down, what a character Mr Manners is, even if he is slightly warped!
Am counting the days until the next book

ZOMBIES ATE MY FRIENDS
ZOMBIES ATE MY FRIENDS

4.0 out of 5 stars addictive, 29 Aug 2013
This review is from: ZOMBIES ATE MY FRIENDS (App)
Get straight into the action but need to be patient unless you want to spend real money. Addictive, yes..... very!

Judge Dredd: The Day The Law Died
Judge Dredd: The Day The Law Died

4.0 out of 5 stars Taking me back to my youth, 12 Aug 2013
I'll admit, I'm a sucker for Judge Dredd and have been since I was a kid. The comic format was, at times, difficult to read with my ageing eyes but I enjoyed the never say die storyline that is so Joe Dredd.
On to the next.....

Dreamland Fleece Under Blanket (discontinued by manufacturer)
Dreamland Fleece Under Blanket (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars great value, 4 Jan 2011
Having already purchased the double bed size of this blanket and been extremely pleased, we bought this for our son's single bed. Great value product. Has a timer on it so we set it before he goes to bed safe in the knowledge that it will click off after 75 minutes. The fleece on it makes for extra comfort too. Thoroughly recommended for our cold winter nights!

That's Another Story: The Autobiography
That's Another Story: The Autobiography
by Julie Walters

2.0 out of 5 stars I wish I'd read another story!, 9 Dec 2008
As a huge Julie Walters fan, and having read the reviews, I was really looking forward to a good read. Unfortunately I was disappointed. I was hoping for lots of tales of her personal life now, but this wasn't touched on. It was all about her early years as a child growing up, and how she got her break into acting. There was nothing about the shows I loved, Dinnerladies and Acorn Antiques, just lots of boring chapters about her days on stage. I found myself skip-reading the last third of the book because I was finding it tedious and boring. I've read lots of other autobiographies so am no strangers to them, but this was certainly lacking in entertainment compared to others out there.

Apple iPod shuffle 1GB purple
Apple iPod shuffle 1GB purple

5.0 out of 5 stars great value for music on the move, 26 Aug 2008
I have had an Ipod 1st Generation (dropped in river so came to sad end), now have a 2nd generation which i love, use loads, but mainly sits on speakers in my kitchen. Love Apple products (hubby has Ipod Touch too) so thought would try out a shuffle for when i walk my dog. Am so happy with it, have downloaded my favourite tracks from Ipod 2nd generation, and it is fantastic. Had to change the headphones, but that's just a personal preference, i just can't get on with those earphones that Apple supply that 'sit in the ear'. Fantastic sound, no jumping, have no problem with the clip - it sits comfortably on waistband, never falls off. Not so sure that it would be so secure if i was jogging, but i just use it when walking. But for £32 to hold 200+ of my favourite songs I think you just can't go wrong.

Love Language
Love Language
Offered by FastMedia "Ships From USA"

5.0 out of 5 stars Move over Barry White ...., 7 Nov 2007
This review is from: Love Language (Audio CD)
I am a huge Teddy Pendergrass fan, have most of his CDs but this was the one that set me off on my love of the great man. This is a CD that I can listen to year after year and never bore of it. An amazing album, Teddy at his absolute best. A lot of mellow tracks on here, but the VOICE, well what more needs to be said other than it is in a world of it's own. Buy this CD and I don't think you will be disappointed. Enjoy!