Profile for M. Michael Hardcastle > Reviews

Content by M. Michael Har...

M. Michael Hardcastle (France)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Easy French Reader Il Fait Beau I (French Edition)
Easy French Reader Il Fait Beau I (French Edition)
Price: 5.76

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't be fooled., 22 Oct 2013
I thought that I was buying a book when I bought this but what I got was a couple of pages, with a suggestion that I may wish to buy the rest of the book. Don't be fooled in the same way. How can you trust people like this?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 31, 2013 8:34 PM GMT

Let Go: A Buddhist Guide to Breaking Free of Habits
Let Go: A Buddhist Guide to Breaking Free of Habits

3.0 out of 5 stars Not overwhelmed, 29 Sep 2013
Rather repetitious and written at a level which may suit teenagers, I was not impressed. I cannot honestly recommend it?
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 28, 2014 11:17 PM GMT

Meditation for Life
Meditation for Life
by Martine Batchelor

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent introduction to meditation, 29 Sep 2013
This review is from: Meditation for Life (Paperback)
I bought this book for a friend who claimed that she was unable to meditate because she could never clear her mind of trivia. This book has helped her to start to overcome the problem.

Twenty Thousand Streets Under the Sky [DVD]
Twenty Thousand Streets Under the Sky [DVD]
Dvd ~ Simon Curtis
Offered by 101Trading
Price: 3.48

5.0 out of 5 stars 20,000 streets, 24 Aug 2013
Wonderful TV series well worth repeated watching. I saw it on TV when it was first broadcast and had forgotten the story (stories) so I bought it on recommendation. So pleased to have it.

Deadly Tide (An Inspector Mowgley Murder Mystery)
Deadly Tide (An Inspector Mowgley Murder Mystery)
Price: 2.96

3.0 out of 5 stars Tribute to schoolboy humour, 24 Aug 2013
The mystery starts off well enough but the novel finishes with too many loose ends and unanswered questions. I have neither the time nor patience to list them.
I grew out of any amusement to be got from nicknaming a police woman 'melons' (guess why) or a barmaid 'twiggy' (have another guess) when I was about 15.
Inspector Mowgley's love of fry ups, Cornish pasties, nondescript draught lager and instant retribution possibly reflect East's own or perhaps his perception of his readers tastes. Not at all to my own taste.
I have enjoyed George East's semi autobiographical books about his life in France but cannot recommend this.

Aquarium Manual: The Complete Step-by-step Guide to Keeping Fish
Aquarium Manual: The Complete Step-by-step Guide to Keeping Fish
by Jeremy Gay
Price: 17.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Aquarium manual, 24 Aug 2013
An almost comprehensive guide to setting up an aquarium. To make it 5 stars I would have liked a comprehensive listing of fish and more guidance about compatibility of species in a community tank.
Perhaps a second volume would be necessary.

Juwel Rubber Powerhead Socket
Juwel Rubber Powerhead Socket
Offered by Aquacare
Price: 7.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerhead socket., 24 Aug 2013
Works perfectly, my old one had hardened to the consistency of wood. It's such a pleasure to fit the powerhead now.

Lavolta 10.8V 5600mAh Laptop Battery for 13 inch Apple Macbook - White
Lavolta 10.8V 5600mAh Laptop Battery for 13 inch Apple Macbook - White
Offered by Smart Parts UK, Digital Lifestyle Retailer
Price: 29.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect replacement, 29 Jun 2013
After 6 years my MacBook battery inside cover became partially detached which meant that the battery projected about 3 mm below the bottom of the computer even when it was locked securely in place. Strangely this seemed to result in erratic performance:locked up screen amongst other irritations.

I was shocked by the price of an Apple store replacement and eventually settled on this battery. It was fully charged after a short time (with the computer switched off) and it holds charge very well - I think as well as the original battery.

100% satisfied with this product.

Winsor & Newton Galeria Acylic Colour Complete Paint Set
Winsor & Newton Galeria Acylic Colour Complete Paint Set
Price: 41.54

4.0 out of 5 stars With black I would have scored 5, 28 Jun 2013
I would recommend this set to anyone experimenting with acrylic paint for the first time. It contains everything you need to get started although most will want to buy a wider brush or two to add to those in the set. A tube of black would have meant 5 stars.

French - English Reader's Dictionary - Second Edition
French - English Reader's Dictionary - Second Edition
Price: 1.53

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent as far as it goes., 14 May 2013
The dictionary works very well and only really fails where the definite article is abbreviated in front of the following noun. With a larger vocabulary I would have awarded 5 stars.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4