Profile for morgan > Reviews

morgan

Revolutions
Revolutions
Price: 20.40

3.0 out of 5 stars Not that I don't like the album but when I load disc one into ..., 6 Aug 2014
This review is from: Revolutions (Audio CD)
Not that I don't like the album but when I load disc one into my PC it plays and album called " Seven" also by Magenta.
I wonder if anyone else has had that issue. It must be an error in the pressing process.
So so far I haven't heard the proper disc one so cant comment really.

Man On The Rocks
Man On The Rocks
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Man on the mend....Straight in at number 12 in the UK Top 40...Way to go Mike, 11 Mar 2014
This review is from: Man On The Rocks (Audio CD)
Like most people here I have been a fan of Mike O since the onset. But you don't have to like all his music to be a fan. In fact Tubular Bells wouldn't be my first choice. Mike was so unhappy with the original recording of TB1 that he went back into the studio in 2003 and did it all over again. "Music of the Spheres" which to my knowledge was Mikes last release prior to MOTR was too off the norm for a lot of his fans although I do believe it hit number 1 in the UK Classical charts at the time.
So to be honest Man on The Rocks is way more than we could have hoped for. Take "castaway" for example..Listen to the way he layers the sound as the track goes on. At 49 years of age my wife laughed at me as I waited in anticipation for the release which in keeping with Mike's form was delayed as usual. When it arrived I was afraid to listen to it so waited for the right time. The instrumental version went first.After the second track I felt my eyes welling up. The familiar guitar wailing that only Mike O can achieve had me blubbering like a kid. So I decided not to,listen to the vocal version for a number of days. Every tune just grows and grows on you.To date I have not met one of my friends who are fans say anything negative about the album. Even my 16 year old lad wants a copy on vinyl. Long may it last and best of luck Mike in the UK Top 40 Albums. Crashing in at number 12 is an amazing feat for an old fella lol.
Buy this album...You wont regret it..
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 22, 2014 9:12 AM GMT