Profile for D. Town > Reviews

If.... [1968] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Malcolm McDowell
Price: 4.57

5.0 out of 5 stars About time too!, 14 July 2007
This review is from: If.... [1968] [DVD] (DVD)
The other reviews say it all. I've got a rapidly deteriorating VHS recording that I keep meaning to copy to DVD but never quite get round to it. I've checked Amazon every few months or so for the last several years and finally - here it is.....about time too!!

David Gilmour -Remastered
David Gilmour -Remastered

5.0 out of 5 stars At last, 1 May 2006
This CD disappeared off the market for a bit over the build up period to Gilmour's new album. It has thankfully now reappeared and is well worth buying if you're a Gilmour fan.

The Comic Strip Presents - Complete [DVD] [1982]
The Comic Strip Presents - Complete [DVD] [1982]
Dvd ~ Peter Richardson

5.0 out of 5 stars Comic Strip on DVD - About time!!!!, 14 Jun 2005
Obviously not seen the DVDs yet as they're not out till 4th July. However, managed to record a goodly number on VHS at the time they were first put out by Channel 4. What can one say? - If you like parody of any book, film, documentary, murder mystery, crim. flick, or indeed any genre of media output, it's here. Famous Five, the Professionals, the Miner's Strike, Funseeker holidays. Does 'Bad News' pre-date 'Spinal Tap'? Who knows, who cares, - same idea - enjoyed both. My favourite is still the spaghetti spoof 'Fist Full of Travellers Cheques' (I know the script by heart "Tek yer clothes off, I'm a Matador etc." - better than the 'Parrot Sketch' or the two R's 'Fork 'andles', though I still lurv those too of course).
This is English 'Naked Gun' or 'Airplane' - but even better.
There're probably a few I've missed (I was a bit younger then and may have been out on the razz - my loss at the time) but I've ordered my set in advance as my VHS stuff is definitely past it's best, so any I've missed will hopefully be included.
Can't recommend the stuff enough. Looking forward to picking up the post shortly after July 4th - please don't be late Amazon - you've not let me down so far.

The Devils [VHS] [1971]
The Devils [VHS] [1971]
VHS
Offered by rdowns33
Price: 19.79

3.0 out of 5 stars Who censors the censors?, 29 Dec 2003
This review is from: The Devils [VHS] [1971] (VHS Tape)
I agree with the critique of marquisofbuvano. Reed and Redrave's performances are as superb as expected from two such seasoned film maestros. However, I have seen both the original version, as Russell's genius created this masterpiece, and the version that was 'edited' (castrated) for the US market. The US version maintains the story OK, but I object to now only being able to obtain this version as opposed to the full vision of the inquisitorial horrors as conceived by Russell, one of the worlds greatest film directors ever.

Rory Gallagher: Irish Tour 1974 [DVD] [2003]
Rory Gallagher: Irish Tour 1974 [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Rory Gallagher

2.0 out of 5 stars Why 2 stars?, 18 Dec 2003
Nice guitarist - shame about the film shots remaining glued to Rory's face. Nothing wrong with his face of course, it's just that I'm a very long standing guitarist fan of Rory (I bought his first album on vinyl when it came out), I play a bit myself and would have really appreciated watching a bit more of his technique. I fully agree with the other 2 star critique - 5 stars for Rory - then, thinking about it, perhaps a bit less than 2 for the film editing.