Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Nottingham)

Nature Mage: 1 (The Nature Mage Series)
Nature Mage: 1 (The Nature Mage Series)
by Mr Duncan Pile

5.0 out of 5 stars Even if you do not like fantasy, you will like this, 5 Oct. 2014
I am more of a science fiction fan than fantasy, but this book is a great read. A sort of coming of age, as the hero slowly finds the powers the he did not know he possessed. But the hero is not alone in this story. There are some friends and enemies with clearly defined characters, who all play a part in the story so the plot is not one dimensional as other fiction plots are. The hero, Gaspi is powerful, but very reliant on the people around him.
When I read a book I want a good story, with characters I like (even the baddies have to be memorable) and I also want clever prose, because a writer should be able to manipulate words into an interesting and enjoyable format. Duncan Pile achieves this throughout the book and keeps the story moving. No dry Asimov or Clancy chapters of explanation here. Duncan has a story to tell and does not allow the reader to rest much.
I am glad there are more in the series to read, so I do not have to search for my next good read. Nature's Servant, if you had not guessed.

I Declare: 31 Promises to Speak Over Your Life
I Declare: 31 Promises to Speak Over Your Life

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful mood shifter, 5 Oct. 2014
I am on day 17, but have noticed a massive shift in my mood. Joel is a very positive guy, but he is also very empathetic. So I have found myself declaring things I would never dream of declaring because they are too wonderful, but they are based in scripture and need to be believed. Each declaration has a short story or explanation from Joel, which is interesting, but for me it is the actual declarations which have lifted my mood and outlook. I say them twice in the morning, try to remember them throughout the day and then say it again when I get home from work. I plan to carry on even when I finish the 31 days. I think this is one of Joel's most sold books and I can see why. Powerful and simple. Dont focus on your problems, focus on the promises in this book.

BestDealUK Sport Goggle Bike Cycling Bicycle Safety Glasses
BestDealUK Sport Goggle Bike Cycling Bicycle Safety Glasses
Offered by Ultra Sales Global

5.0 out of 5 stars Best piece of cycling kit ever, 7 Sept. 2013
These specs are incredibly cheap to buy and I thought they would be useful to cycle in the rain.
They are great in the rain, but they are also great in the sun. We have had an unprecedented summer with sunshine for a change and I have cycled to work almost every day with these glasses, not noticing any discomfort. The UV filter obviously works well.
If you are buying cycling kit, YOU MUST BUY THESE GLASSES!

Courageous [DVD] [2011]
Courageous [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Alex Kendrick

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspired film making, 7 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Courageous [DVD] [2011] (DVD)
Thank goodness for films like this among the dross we are offered normally.
The film arrived 2 days ago and it has taken me that long to nag my 12 yr old son to watch it with me. He thought it would be boring, but loved it. So did I. It brought tears to my eyes a few times and only "Lorenzo's Oil" and "Evelyn" have ever done that for me.
It is so good to watch an exciting and engaging film with many characters you really like that does not follow typical Hollywood plots of pursuing hopeless and pathetic romances or endless acts of violence and destruction in name of "justice" which is in actual fact nothing but a sponsor of "revenge" and the "vigilante" approach to living in society.
The writing and performance were excellent. I am no going to buy all the other films produced by Provident Films.

Journey Toward Creation [DVD] [2005] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Journey Toward Creation [DVD] [2005] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Hugh Ross
Offered by supermart_usa

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible, 24 April 2011
This is one of the most incredible films I have ever seen. Once I got used to the monotone voice of Dr Ross, it blew my mind. Some of the stuff about the very beginning of the universe seemed a little far fetched, but I have recently seen a programme on a similar line written by an atheist, so I guess there is a general consensus in the scientific world about the birth of the universe. I was amazed about the mathematical chance of our planet, let alone us, existing at all. It is impossible, really. You will watch this film a few times over.

Amplified Pocket Thin New Testament-AM (Pocket Thin Size)
Amplified Pocket Thin New Testament-AM (Pocket Thin Size)
by Zondervan

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 23 April 2011
This book is amazing. I wanted a small version of the Amplified Bible to read on the bus to and from work (2 hours) and this book is perfectly small. The font is about 8 pt but that is not so bad and they have printed to within a couple of millimetres of the edge to make best possible use of the space. It is great and at the price here no one will be upset.

The Prayer of Jabez for Little Ones
The Prayer of Jabez for Little Ones
by Bruce Wilkinson
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars delightful, 8 April 2011
This is a delightful format of the Prayer of Jabez. It is a prayer I want my kids to pray all their lives and this book explains why to children very well

The Everyday Life Bible: Containing the Amplified Old Testament and the Amplified New Testament
by Joyce Meyer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 22 Sept. 2009
I have used the Amplified Bible for years and therefore was not too sure if I should buy a copy of the same version of the Bible.
I am glad I did. Joyce Meyer has added notes and points of interest all the way through it. She is well known for "Speaking the Word" into your life. Verses where a promise has been made by God are highlighted by Joyce and a phrase to speak added.
There are no maps in the back and a concordance would have been nice, but there is a long list of passages to refer to under various everyday headings (Anger, Confessions for Wives, Faith, Depression, and so on) which is a nice touch.
I am very glad to have it.