ARRAY(0xad2bbc6c)

Profile for Mr. Stephen Townsend > Reviews

Content by Mr. Stephen To...

Mr. Stephen Townsend (Nottingham)

BestDealUK Sport Goggle Bike Cycling Bicycle Safety Glasses
BestDealUK Sport Goggle Bike Cycling Bicycle Safety Glasses
Offered by Ultra Sales Global
Price: 5.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Best piece of cycling kit ever, 7 Sep 2013
These specs are incredibly cheap to buy and I thought they would be useful to cycle in the rain.
They are great in the rain, but they are also great in the sun. We have had an unprecedented summer with sunshine for a change and I have cycled to work almost every day with these glasses, not noticing any discomfort. The UV filter obviously works well.
If you are buying cycling kit, YOU MUST BUY THESE GLASSES!

Courageous [DVD] [2011]
Courageous [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Alex Kendrick
Price: 5.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspired film making, 7 Sep 2013
This review is from: Courageous [DVD] [2011] (DVD)
Thank goodness for films like this among the dross we are offered normally.
The film arrived 2 days ago and it has taken me that long to nag my 12 yr old son to watch it with me. He thought it would be boring, but loved it. So did I. It brought tears to my eyes a few times and only "Lorenzo's Oil" and "Evelyn" have ever done that for me.
It is so good to watch an exciting and engaging film with many characters you really like that does not follow typical Hollywood plots of pursuing hopeless and pathetic romances or endless acts of violence and destruction in name of "justice" which is in actual fact nothing but a sponsor of "revenge" and the "vigilante" approach to living in society.
The writing and performance were excellent. I am no going to buy all the other films produced by Provident Films.

Journey Toward Creation [DVD] [2005] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Journey Toward Creation [DVD] [2005] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Hugh Ross
Offered by supermart_usa
Price: 7.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible, 24 April 2011
This is one of the most incredible films I have ever seen. Once I got used to the monotone voice of Dr Ross, it blew my mind. Some of the stuff about the very beginning of the universe seemed a little far fetched, but I have recently seen a programme on a similar line written by an atheist, so I guess there is a general consensus in the scientific world about the birth of the universe. I was amazed about the mathematical chance of our planet, let alone us, existing at all. It is impossible, really. You will watch this film a few times over.

Amplified Pocket Thin New Testament-AM (Pocket Thin Size)
Amplified Pocket Thin New Testament-AM (Pocket Thin Size)
by Zondervan
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 23 April 2011
This book is amazing. I wanted a small version of the Amplified Bible to read on the bus to and from work (2 hours) and this book is perfectly small. The font is about 8 pt but that is not so bad and they have printed to within a couple of millimetres of the edge to make best possible use of the space. It is great and at the price here no one will be upset.

The Prayer of Jabez for Little Ones
The Prayer of Jabez for Little Ones
by Bruce Wilkinson
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars delightful, 8 April 2011
This is a delightful format of the Prayer of Jabez. It is a prayer I want my kids to pray all their lives and this book explains why to children very well

The Everyday Life Bible
The Everyday Life Bible
by Joyce Meyer
Price: 18.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 22 Sep 2009
I have used the Amplified Bible for years and therefore was not too sure if I should buy a copy of the same version of the Bible.
I am glad I did. Joyce Meyer has added notes and points of interest all the way through it. She is well known for "Speaking the Word" into your life. Verses where a promise has been made by God are highlighted by Joyce and a phrase to speak added.
There are no maps in the back and a concordance would have been nice, but there is a long list of passages to refer to under various everyday headings (Anger, Confessions for Wives, Faith, Depression, and so on) which is a nice touch.
I am very glad to have it.