Profile for J. ROBERTSON > Reviews

Content by J. ROBERTSON

J. ROBERTSON (Manchester, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Hemline Seam Ripper Premium Quality - Small
Hemline Seam Ripper Premium Quality - Small
Offered by Athena Crafts Ltd.
Price: 1.06

5.0 out of 5 stars always useful, 11 May 2014
I bought this and tailors chalk and they both arrived promptly. I love a seam ripper, but I'm always losing them. This one works, it's small and exactly as described.

Tailor's Chalk Triangle - Set of 3 Red, White, Blue
Tailor's Chalk Triangle - Set of 3 Red, White, Blue
Offered by Bombay Collections
Price: 1.93

5.0 out of 5 stars it works, 11 May 2014
It's chalk, in different colours, it works and it's what I needed for transferring pattern markings onto the fabric. arrived really quickly

Supernatural - Season 2 Complete [DVD] [2007]
Supernatural - Season 2 Complete [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Jared Padalecki
Offered by filmrollen
Price: 14.28

4.0 out of 5 stars fine, 11 May 2014
I bought this because the download version my son purchased from iTunes was corrupted. This DVD plays fine and he was happy with it.

Rockburn 10 Watt Practice Amplifier for Electric Guitar
Rockburn 10 Watt Practice Amplifier for Electric Guitar
Price: 29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good amp, 17 Feb 2013
The amp is nice and small, not heavy at all, and is ideal for my son practicing in his bedroom as he can have the volume down low, or up high. Not sure he's extensively tested all the dials but it does what he needs it to do. No problems.

Rockburn 10 foot with Moulded 1 inch Jacks Guitar Lead - Black
Rockburn 10 foot with Moulded 1 inch Jacks Guitar Lead - Black
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It works - with the Rockburn 10 Watt Practice Amp, 17 Feb 2013
It does what it is meant to do. I think I'd probably go for a longer lead if I had to buy one again, but this is fine.

The Complete Works of Robert Burns: Containing his Poems, Songs, and Correspondence. With a New Life of the Poet, and Notices, Critical and Biographical by Allan Cunningham
Price: 0.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Nothing against Burns but this kindle edition is not a good advert for e-books!, 17 Feb 2013
This is a complete collection certainly, but navigating it is a nightmare. The contents/index doesn't seem to work and I spent ages trying to get 'ode to a Haggis' on screen by which time I didn't need it any more. Very disappointing

The Girl who Leapt Through Time
The Girl who Leapt Through Time
Price: 5.31

1.0 out of 5 stars Too short, 30 Jan 2012
The trouble with Kindle editions is that when you see the number of pages, you assume these have the same volume of words as an ordinary page, but they are obviously a lot shorter. This book is in fact two short stories. Both of which are really basic in style. I realise this is probably due to the way they have been translated, but there is nothing in the way of imagery or descriptive narrative at all (it is all 'He said, she did'). It took me a few pages into the second story to realise that the first one had ended! To be sold at the same price as a normal book, I would expect there to be at least 10 stories in the volume. I'm glad I bought it on the Kindle days of Christmas deal for only 99p!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 24, 2012 2:45 PM BST

Wired-up HDMI to HDMI Gold Plated Connectors 1.8m Cable v1.3A
Wired-up HDMI to HDMI Gold Plated Connectors 1.8m Cable v1.3A
Offered by Importer520(TM)
Price: 1.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick delivery and work fine, 9 Jan 2012
I ordered two cables to troubleshoot some intermittent weirdness with my digital recorder and ps3. Replacing the cables with these has solved all the problems. Can't believe how expensive these are elsewhere. I wonder why? Happy so far!

Lorus RRX43CX9 Illuminating Blue Resin Strap Watch
Lorus RRX43CX9 Illuminating Blue Resin Strap Watch
Offered by Lowry Jewellers
Price: 18.50

3.0 out of 5 stars great watch, complicated battery arrangement, 4 Oct 2011
this is a great watch. however, when the watch stopped, I opened the back and noted the battery. when I replaced it it still didn't work. at that point I realised that the large battery I had installed was only providing power to the little light for the dial. underneath it (when the larger casing was unscrewed) was a smaller battery that powered the watch itself.
I replace that, but no matter what I did with the casing for the larger battery it would not connect back and so the light no longer works. Disappointing.

Classic British Fiction: Thomas Hardy's complete fiction
Classic British Fiction: Thomas Hardy's complete fiction

3.0 out of 5 stars text recognition issues, 4 Oct 2011
started reading under the greenwood tree and in the first few chapters I already noticed that many instances of words with an l in them have been printed with an h instead which makes things a bit hard to understand. However, for the price, I would expect a few misprints. Hoping it isn't the same in all the volumes.
Good book though!