Profile for Rich Reckless > Reviews

Animal Farm, and, 1984 Nineteen Eighty-Four
Animal Farm, and, 1984 Nineteen Eighty-Four
by George Orwell

1.0 out of 5 stars bargainbookstores suck, 6 May 2011
2nd time from bargainbooksstores I have received a battered old book not 'very good' condition. The spine is almost collapsed, pages are yellow, no dust jacket etc.

This one would appear also appear to be stolen from Bristol High School, Tennessee...

The book is not the one pictured or described. There is no Christopher Hitchens introduction, it is not the 2003 version. This was a present for the girlfriend's birthday, but its too late now. I am livid!

BTW: Both these texts are great and everyone should read them! Just don't use bargainbookstores!

Power Balance Sports Bracelet Hologram Wristband in Black with White Lettering (Medium)

5.0 out of 5 stars Synergistic resonance with my body's natural energy field (Eh?), 24 Feb. 2011
I have just bought one of these holographic enhancements on the advice of Keith W. OMG! this $h1t is for real! My hologram aligns my 'body's natural energy fields' (Eh?) on a synergistic level to allow a complete adsorption of the Zen force into my Being. My mitochondrial DNA have gone ballistic, resonating with the power of the hologram! My telomeres are lengthening as we speak and I have never felt so youthful, well, not since I was a youth anyhow. Last night I went to the park and drank a bottle of Blue Wicked and a Mad Dog 20:20 (Orange flavour BTW), after throwing up I had the lucidity to badly kiss several spotty girls, one with really nice braces, until I later passed out... Thing is next morning I had no hangover whatsoever, so this holographic technology must work. This device is projects a more meaningful hologram than R2D2 projected for Han Solo.. 'Help me OB Wan, you're my only hope!' Not any more I say! Lo! and the faithful went forth and wore the holographic device with the absolute certainty of a homeopath. Buy this product. You snooze, you loose... Get this or get beaten I say. Actually get this and I will beat you with a stick.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 24, 2011 7:25 AM BST

In Praise of Older Women: The amorous recollections of András Vajda (Penguin Modern Classics)
by Stephen Vizinczey

4.0 out of 5 stars essential reading for all men of all ages., 7 Feb. 2011
When my boy is in his teens, he shall read this. Better to have the caring and loving approach of SV than those marketed in the 4th Estate these days.

Tickle His Pickle!: Your Hands-On Guide to Penis Pleasing
Tickle His Pickle!: Your Hands-On Guide to Penis Pleasing
by Sadie Allison

5.0 out of 5 stars Girlfriend wanted it. I'm glad she did...., 5 Feb. 2011
Girls, get this and no longer feel ignorant of what is 'going on' written by a woman for women for men. Good ideas and really relaxed and leveled approach. Good ideas.

The Complete I Ching: The Definitive Translation: The Definitive Translation by the Taoist Master Alfred Huang
by Alfred Huang

4.0 out of 5 stars I Ching., 5 Feb. 2011
Good, but you are a better man than I if you understand it....

Makes you think which is good. But if you are a westerner don't expect to read this and suddenly gain insight. It takes time, patience, re-reading and a bit of luck...

The Master and Margarita
The Master and Margarita
by Mikhail Bulgakov

5.0 out of 5 stars Bulgakov is a genius., 5 Feb. 2011
Best book I have ever read. Mental dreamscape of confusion and intricacy. no point in trying to explain the plot, just read it and ride the flight of fantasy.

The Islamist: Why I joined radical Islam in Britain, what I saw inside and why I left
by Ed Husain

4.0 out of 5 stars Islamification and the truth, 5 Feb. 2011
Excellent book that all UK residents and others should read. I now understand how decent people can become radicalized by some members of the Islamic community and how Islam is supposed to be a peaceful religion but it is mistreated and used by controlling people for their own benefit and status. Ed Hussain has guts to write this. Honest and insightful account.