ARRAY(0xa78d4a80)

Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Sony Xperia Z 10.1 inch Tablet  - Black (VIA 1.5GHz Processor, 2GB RAM, 32GB HDD, Android 4.1.2)
Sony Xperia Z 10.1 inch Tablet - Black (VIA 1.5GHz Processor, 2GB RAM, 32GB HDD, Android 4.1.2)
Offered by iHD Lounge
Price: 339.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 25 Dec 2013
I just love this tablet. Its so thin and lightweight. I find it very responsive and fast. Photos are stunningly sharp. This has to be the benchmark for all others. Well done Sony...

Vanguard Supreme 53D Watertight O-Ring Sealed Strong Case with Divider System
Vanguard Supreme 53D Watertight O-Ring Sealed Strong Case with Divider System
Price: 246.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Strongbox, 23 Sep 2013
This is a big case and rock solid. It keeps dirt, moisture etc out whilst keeping all your prize kit secure. This is the ultimate case for ones Cameras, lenses etc. First class product and very, very strong. Nothing in day to day use will break this case so if you make money from your cameras. Can you really afford NOT to have this case?

It's huge and holds a vast array of kit!

In one case I have 4 Nikon Bodies plus power grips and 13 Nikon Lenses plus two SB700 Flash guns
In The other case I have 3 Canon bodies plus power grips plus 12 Canon Lenses including the 70-200mm L IS and 100-400mm L plus Canon 430 flash

These cases are heavy but have wheels on and heavy duty clamps on 3 sides of the case to lock, seal and protect. I could go on and on about how solid they are. At over 400 for both cases I could have bought a lens but my kit will last a lifetime in these. YOU DONT NEED ANY OTHER case!!

Dri Buddi Motor Unit, 1200 Watt, Blue Cover
Dri Buddi Motor Unit, 1200 Watt, Blue Cover
Offered by JML Direct
Price: 59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, 21 Sep 2013
I must admit I was a bit sceptical when I first saw it and immediately put it into the JML tacky things to have in the house box. On putting it together and trying it with a load of my work shirts, kids school shirts etc. I was quite impressed. The thing actually works!
The creases fall out of the shirts and it dries them with less electricity than my tumble dryer. Don't put heavy jeans, towels in it expecting them to dry as its not really a replacement for the tumble dryer. It is however really handy for shirts, blouses and light garments as long as you don't put a large amount in.
I find it handy and does what the box says it will. It's not too noisy and it does emit hot air through the holes which allows condensation to escape. I have not had a problem with dripping walls or windows however some reviewers have experienced this.

very good idea and I would recommend this to anyone.

Canon EF 17-40 mm f/4.0 L USM Lens
Canon EF 17-40 mm f/4.0 L USM Lens
Price: 579.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultra Wide wonder, 17 Sep 2013
I already own the Canon 10-22mm for my crop sensor bodies but decided my Canon 6d deserved the L series touch. I got the Canon 17-40mm L and it's as wide as the 10-22mm and as sharp. This lens is a wonderful addition to my kit. I already own the 24-105, 70-200 F2.8 is and the 100-400mm L. This lens looks solid. The lens hood is the same as the 10-22mm however there are marked differences. The L series 17-40mm is sharp as a razor and not heavy at all. I can't see any bad points at all with this lens. It isn't a fast lens at F4 maximum however for landscapes and interiors such as churches I prefer to stop down to F8 or so. No image stabiliser but with a sturdy tripod who needs it on this lens.
The canon 17-40mm is a well constructed lens and sealed against the elements. With this and the 24-105mm added with my Canon 6d its all I need for a holiday jaunt.

If you own a full frame Canon then this is THE wide angle zoom for you. It's a gem.

Vanguard Supreme 40D Watertight O-Ring Sealed Strong Case with Divider System
Vanguard Supreme 40D Watertight O-Ring Sealed Strong Case with Divider System
Offered by PreisCompany
Price: 146.41

5.0 out of 5 stars One Tough Case, 16 Sep 2013
Firstly I'll apologise in advance by listing what I have in this case. It's not bragging but simply this case holds an arsenal of kit. Two Nikon D7000 with MD11 power grips. The following Nikon Lenses, 35mm F1.8, 50mm F1.8, 85mm F1.8, 18-55mm, 18-105mm,55-200,55-300 with Nikon SB700 Flash plus spare batteries and cleaning bits and bobs. All the lenses have their hoods fitted on backwards. This case is extremely well made and solid. Its water tight to 15 metres and sealed against crud, dust etc. The Locks are solid clamps which lock the case tight. I've added two good quality steel locks as well. The handle is made to be gripped and very sturdy. I honestly don't think you will buy a better case than this as everything is then held inside a padded shock absorbing liner which sits snuggly into the case. The kit inside just does not move and is perfectly safe from nearly anything from the outside.
If you have good kit and your income depends on it then seriously have a look at this case.

I trust it completely.

Canon EF 50mm - f/1.4 USM Lens
Canon EF 50mm - f/1.4 USM Lens
Price: 275.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Bokeh tastic, 10 Aug 2013
I changed from the fantastic plastic 50mm F1.8 to the USM F1.4 50mm lens. This was an upgrade and I really didn't think Canon could improve on the F1.8 lens. How wrong was I? This lens is sharp from F2 down but at F1.4 the bokeh is creamy dream like. Its brilliant and took some shots in the dark wide open. NO VIGNETTING as previous owners reported but still handheld shots possible with my Canon 6d and high iso. Very impressed with this lens and its solidly built. The focus is fast although not as fast as the F1.8. As a standard lens for walkabout its brilliant. On a crop sensor Canon 600d it serves as a great portrait lens but seriously be careful on your focus as the bokeh can lead to eye in focus and nose a blur!

Well made and very very happy with it.

Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Lens
Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Lens
Offered by BlastElectronics
Price: 170.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, light and handy, 23 July 2013
Bought this lens as a walkabout lens for travel. I already own the excellent 18-55mm Nikon VR lens but wanted that bit extra. I must say I was quite taken by this lens. The focussing is pretty darn quick and the VR does a brilliant job. The lens although F5.6 at 105mm is sharp and again with the VR it works in dim light. In poor light the old prime lenses come out to play 35mm F1.8, 50mm F1.8 and 85mm F1.8 but as a walkabout lens I love it. Paired with my D7000 its perfect for that weekend City break. The lens currently at under 200 is pretty good value and yes there are wider range focal length zooms but twinned with the Nikon 55-200mm VR both lenses are handy to carry.

The filter size 67mm and internal focus means the barrel doesn't rotate which is great for polarizer filters.

Would recommend this lens. It's great for portraits too.

I must again stress well done Nikon for adding everything in the box. The hood comes with the lens. Canon seriously just put it in the box. My L series lenses have the hood in the box. It's not difficult to put the lens hood in the box. Nikon have no difficulty!

Canon EF 24-105mm f/4.0 L IS USM Lens
Canon EF 24-105mm f/4.0 L IS USM Lens
Offered by PHOTO UNIVERS
Price: 725.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Jack of all trades, 10 July 2013
This lens is just great for all day wear. The F4 is not a disability as the image stabilizer is worth it's weight in gold. This lens is perfect for carrying on my Canon 6d as it's light but tough and flexible from wide angle to good telephoto. Superb build quality as one would expect from the L series of lenses. DO NOT scrimp on cheap filters as it is prone to vignetting wide open so I use a Hoya HD pro UV filter and polarizing filters as they are thin framed. On a cropped sensor you won't get any at all but on the full frame it can sometimes appear. All in all this is THE walkabout lens. I use a Canon 18-135mm on my cropped bodies for walkabout and its perfect. You will not be disappointed in this one with its crisp image and great bokeh. I took photographs at 1/20 second in a church at f4 at 24mm today and I was amazed at the images being razor sharp. The IS works tremendously. Sure there are other F2.8 lenses but if i need them I can opt for 35mm F2, 50mm F1.8 (fantastic plastic) or 85MM F1.8 which always come with me. This 24-105mm is a tremendous lens and the red line is not just an image thing. It is excellent quality.

Summing up. PERFECTION

Canon EOS 6D Digital SLR Camera (Body Only)
Canon EOS 6D Digital SLR Camera (Body Only)
Offered by Gadget Heaven
Price: 1,409.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 10 July 2013
Firstly I am a big fan of Canon and have quite a collection of lenses including three L series. I have two other cropped sensor bodies 550d and 600d. I also own two Nikons D7000 and D3100 so I am not bias in any way as both systems produce the goods I need. THIS Canon 6d is just awesome. It has some gadgets like GPS which I don't use but its there if you want it. The silent shutter mode is perfect for pictures inside churches or for pet portraits. I honestly believe that Canon have produced a serious winner here. The camera feels solid and ergonomically ideal. I added the battery grip BG13 onto it to make it more stable as my Canon 100=400mm L series is a brute of a thing!

On opening the box it took only a matter of minutes to set it up and although the battery was dead on arrival my trusty battery grip and rechargeable AA batteries allowed me to get to work. This is a fine looking camera and performs superbly. If it wasn't any good I would have shelled out so much money for it. It performs as it should with minimal fuss and all the controls are in reach without removing the eye from the viewfinder. There are plenty of gadgets it doesn't have but really all my cameras have something the other doesn't. This is the smallest Full frame camera if i'm not mistaken on the market but built like my Nikon D7000 in that its rock solid and ideal for travel and harsh treatment.

I recently took the camera to Belfast for some night shots around the Laganside and Waterfront Hall. I was simply blown away by the low light capability of this camera. I tried some high iso handheld shots and honestly could not find the grain. The meter literally works in Moonlight pitch dark and the auto focus still worked. I didn't even bracket my pictures and the meter got it right every time. Put simply. You get what you pay for and it might seem a lot but the image quality even at high iso is simply wonderful.

On a recent trip to Poland I took this camera and a Canon 35mm F2 lens to the Salt Mines just outside Kracow. The deep underground poor lighting which caused other photographers in the group to use flash or not bother taking the shot presented a challenge to the 6d. The gauntlet was thrown and the camera produced the goods without flash. The pictures that were produced said it all. It does not get better than this. It just works everywhere and produces the goods. The low light meter just gets it right every time.

It is a wedding photographers dream with the ability to perform in very harsh lighting in Churches, Hotels etc and still produce images which please the group. Well done Canon.
Put simply. Buy it if you can as it will last. It doesn't come better than this!!

Challenge 5 Blade Oscillating Pedestal Fan with Remote.
Challenge 5 Blade Oscillating Pedestal Fan with Remote.
Offered by SKYWISH
Price: 99.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fan, 8 July 2013
As was said before by another reviewer got this cheaper at a well known store however in the current weather it has came up trumps. My home is timber frame and holds the heat. The fan works perfectly without being a tornado raging through the house. Produces a great draft and does what it says on the box. Simple to build. Very happy as it keeps my kids room cool.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10