Profile for Mikey > Reviews

Mikey

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Tuesdays With Morrie: An old man, a young man, and life's greatest lesson
Tuesdays With Morrie: An old man, a young man, and life's greatest lesson

5.0 out of 5 stars The dying words and outlook of a wise old professor, 19 Jun. 2016
My old classmate recommended this book to me yesterday. I bought the Kindle version from Amazon.co.uk. 210 pages. Typical read time is 2 hours and 40 minutes. I'm a slow reader and have liked to savour the words - it took me 8 hours. Mitch has an excellent literary writing skill that makes this book a tear-jerker that exudes humanity and talks about the true meaning of life.

Learn How to Sing: A Self-Help Guide to Teach Yourself to Sing  ( How to Sing for Beginners )
Learn How to Sing: A Self-Help Guide to Teach Yourself to Sing ( How to Sing for Beginners )

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and believable!, 14 April 2016
Very realistic and readable Kindle book! I wish there were audio/video accompaniments to bring it alive and create a greater impact.

Essay and report writing skills
Essay and report writing skills

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Guide & Good Advice on Good Writing!, 7 April 2016
Every student should read this good guide as self-help. This Open University book dissects and analyses on how and what make good and successful essays and/or reports writing with the required skills to achieve that.

Speeches and speech-making
Speeches and speech-making

4.0 out of 5 stars What make good speeches?, 1 April 2016
This book analyses what make good speeches. It contains some abridged transcripts of famous speeches. However, the impact of these speeches may be less appreciated due to the lack of audio input in this Kindle book presentation. However, it bares the basics of good speeches.

English grammar in context
English grammar in context

5.0 out of 5 stars Introducing grammar in various contexts, 25 Mar. 2016
English grammar is adapted in practice according to context, e.g. monologue, conversation, news-casting, speech or written piece etc. There is no right or wrong in terms of usage, but we are made aware of this by this book.

Writing what you know
Writing what you know

5.0 out of 5 stars Writing what you know, 25 Mar. 2016
This book introduces you to write creatively using the perceptual awareness of all your senses, and the memories that you could remember even though at times they might not be all true. It is a good basic guide and it has a positive effect on the reader.

Introduction to bookkeeping and accounting
Introduction to bookkeeping and accounting

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant & Concise Starter to Bookkeeping & Accounting, 24 Mar. 2016
I read this book twice, the first time scan read and the second time I really ruminated on every single concept and terminology. This gave me a good grounding in my understanding of bookkeeping and accounting knowledge that this book imparts. After having done this, I truly am confident to say I now know what bookkeeping and accounting involve. As always, the Open University scores!

Tales of Tinfoil: Stories of Paranoia and Conspiracy
Tales of Tinfoil: Stories of Paranoia and Conspiracy

5.0 out of 5 stars Tales of Tinfoil, 5 Sept. 2015
This is a collection of strange/paranormal stories by a selection of accomplished writers, with varying skills of writing style. I got this book for free via BookBub. At times you may feel spooky and couldn't differentiate between reality and imagination. Very enjoyable!

John Major: The Autobiography
John Major: The Autobiography

5.0 out of 5 stars The Autobiography of John Major, 24 Aug. 2015
This book took me a while to read. I like the author's choice of words and style of writing. He is very descriptive of the political landscape of the times. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to find out about the Majorite years of the British Government.

It's Not About The Bike: My Journey Back to Life
It's Not About The Bike: My Journey Back to Life

5.0 out of 5 stars Lance Armstrong's Autobiography, 6 Aug. 2015
I like the author's writing style. He wrote with feelings and gusto. Cancer patients and cycling fans should find this book helpful and engaging. I think this book was written before Lance was declared a cheat. However, dear Lance, it is very big of you to have admitted it. I would hope you would write another book to expose the doping world in sports.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5