Profile for Jo_C > Reviews

Content by Jo_C

Jo_C

Agatha Raisin Omnibus: The Quiche of Death, The Potted Gardener, The Vicious Vet and The Walkers of Dembley

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable stories, 27 April 2013
I really enjoyed these tales. Agatha is a charming, fun read. I am a big Agatha Christie fan, and these are along similar lines. Recommended to my friends.

Fangtasia True Blood T shirt Mens unisex & ladies skinny fit (medium skinny)
Fangtasia True Blood T shirt Mens unisex & ladies skinny fit (medium skinny)
Offered by Starlight Shopping Mall

3.0 out of 5 stars Bought for a joke pressie for a friend but looks ok, 23 Feb. 2013
It's was bought as a present for my friend but looks like you'd expect it to- nice enough quality as you'd expect bearing in mind the price...

Sheer Folly (A Daisy Dalrymple Mystery Book 18)
Sheer Folly (A Daisy Dalrymple Mystery Book 18)

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable Daisy Dalrymple tale, 23 Feb. 2013
I like the Daisy series. There have been one or two I haven't enjoyed as much but this one was good.

Whose Body? (Lord Peter Wimsey series Book 1)
Whose Body? (Lord Peter Wimsey series Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars First book, Kindle edition has extras that are full of spoilers, 23 Feb. 2013
I bought this to try Dorothy L. Sayers, as I love Agatha Christie and have just started enjoying M.C.Beatons Hamish Macbeth.
This was ok, had potential and I would have tried the next book. However, in the Kindle version there is a section at the end where someone discusses Peter Wimsey, and talks about his *other cases* but in rather more detail. When you look for the next books you realise this has in fact told you the outcome of the next few books and where his romantic future leads him. I cannot work out why they've put it here- surely more suitable for the end of the series? Talks about him as a loved character as if we know what happens through the series - butthis is the first book and we've only just met him.
So, thanks to the spoiler-riddled "biography" of this fictional character, I don't fancy reading the rest.
Just read the book if you buy it and avoid the extras.

The Moomins and the Great Flood
The Moomins and the Great Flood
by Tove Jansson

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely story, 23 Feb. 2013
Lovely children's story I bought for myself, having recently watched the BBC4 documentary about Tove Jansson, about Moomins with illustrations, presented in a gorgeous hard-backed book with nice paper (not the horrible cheap paper a lot of books have now).

Hamish Macbeth Omnibus (Books 1-4)
Hamish Macbeth Omnibus (Books 1-4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Charming and enjoyable mysteries, 23 Feb. 2013
I bought this as a reasonable way to try this series and have enjoyed them immensely. I love Agatha Christie, and like Carola Dunns Daisy Dalrymple mysteries. These are character driven mysteries without any blood and gore but lots of story.
I will be making my way through the rest and recommend them to my friends.

Teko Summit Series Mens Mid Hiking Socks Charcoal - Large
Teko Summit Series Mens Mid Hiking Socks Charcoal - Large
Offered by Edge & Wax - Bliss Bikes

5.0 out of 5 stars Worlds best socks, 17 Feb. 2012
Lovely, comfortable, warm and never smelly! My husbands favourite socks. Seem to last forever too despite being thrown through the washer on a normal 40 degree wash.

The Gooey, Chewy, Rumble, Plop Book
The Gooey, Chewy, Rumble, Plop Book
by Steve Alton & Nick Sharratt

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab for small boys!, 17 Feb. 2012
This was my little boys favourite when he was early infant-school age, and makes a great birthday present for any 5 year old. It is graphically all about where your food goes once you've eaten it, complete with pop up toilets and buckets of sick. Really gross, hence it's popularity with the small boys!

The Classic Treasury of Aesop's Fables (Children's Illustrated Classics)
The Classic Treasury of Aesop's Fables (Children's Illustrated Classics)
by Aesop

5.0 out of 5 stars Aesop as I remember him, 20 Aug. 2010
Lovely book, with simple morals at the end of the stories. I also have Michale Murpurgos version but find it too simplistic, to the point where the morals are a bit wishy washy. I much prefer this version.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 31, 2013 5:27 PM GMT

Grandma's Best Recipes
Grandma's Best Recipes

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant book full of the meals you want to make for your family., 20 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Grandma's Best Recipes (Hardcover)
One recipe per page with a full page picture opposite. I could probably cook most of these on my own. I probably have the recipes tucked away in other books. However the layout, and simplicity of good old-fashioned family meals means this is a real winner. In the end I bought it because I couldn't put it down in the shop and my excuse was it might help hubby to make something he would want to make for us all. Brill.