Profile for J. A. Mcmillan > Reviews

Content by J. A. Mcmillan

J. A. Mcmillan (West Mids UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Impress Sugarcraft Tool - Pattern Creator 1
Impress Sugarcraft Tool - Pattern Creator 1
Offered by Bake and Create

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but worth having, 24 Aug. 2015
It took me ages to buy both sets of these because they're so expensive. I've used them a lot though Now. I mostly use them on cupcakes to get a broadrais anglaise ( however you spell it) effect.

Coloured Modelling Chocolate Paste 500g each £12.50 Free Delivery (Dark Green 500g)
Offered by howells

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff., 24 Aug. 2015
Great to work with.i bought dark green to make a hulk fist. Why I wasted so much time trying to do this with treated fondant and rice Krispy treats I don't know.
The great thing about modelling chocolate is ghat if you need to add another bit to it ( the thumb in this case) you can and the joins are so easy to merge and hide. You just can't get this from fondant.

Damask Pattern Silicone Onlay By Marvelous Moulds
Damask Pattern Silicone Onlay By Marvelous Moulds
Offered by MakeBake

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth having the real thing., 24 Aug. 2015
You can buy copies of marvellous moulds much cheaper and after ordering this I discovered that I already had one of those in the cupboard. However there is a big difference in the quality. The real one is much, much more flexible and softer which is of huge importance when you place this against the side of the cake and fold it back to peel off. I'm very pleased I bought it.

7 Tier Circle Acrylic Cup Cake Party Wedding Stand - TK7C
7 Tier Circle Acrylic Cup Cake Party Wedding Stand - TK7C
Offered by Classikool® Luxury without expensive packaging.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to assemble, 24 Aug. 2015
Easy to assemble, very sturdy. Enough for about 60 cupcakes.
I wondered whether to get one with less tiers but for the price difference you might as well just buy the 7 tier one and not build it so high.
I like the fact that if you do damage one of the supports, you can buy replacements singly or as a complete pack directly from the supplier. I'm pleased with this purchase.

Vandorm Legend VII Track Pump Bicycle Cycle Alloy Floor Track Tyre Inflator Schrader/Presta valve tube Bike Pump with Gauge
Offered by WoollyHatShop

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth buying., 15 Aug. 2015
Brilliant. I'm not someone who cycles every day, just an average middle aged woman who goes three miles to work and back when it's not raining. Then I drive. I cannot be doing with the energy it takes to use a hand pump. I read good reviews for this and bought it. It got my tyres up to pressure without any aching arms or even getting out of breath in less than a minute. I was concerned about which type of valve I had, but an idiots guide picture sorted me out on that too. The pump has a choice of two connection holes just choose the correct one for your valve. (Using that pic). Glad I bought it.

Children,s Home baking, Round Baking Cake Tin, Spring Form style, approx 13cm x 5cm depth. AM7253
Offered by Super Utensil Ltd.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not 13cm. But well made tins., 29 April 2015
The measurement of these tins is 12cm not 13.
It may not seem that important but I'm making a 5" birdcage cake. The sphere for the top is too large if I use these tins. So for me it was a waste of money.
If you just want small tins to make a tall layered cake and specific size is not important then they're great. Strong and well made and arrived quickly; within a couple off days.
They just need to be relabelled as 12cm
Not 13cm.

Kenwood KMX83 Flexi Beater For KMix
Kenwood KMX83 Flexi Beater For KMix
Offered by Electrics Warehouse

5.0 out of 5 stars You won't regret it., 12 Mar. 2015
I always loved my kmix and used the k beater for making cakes. At the end of the mix I used a spatula to give one final mix to incorporate ny bits at the side and bottom. This flexi beater is fabulous. It scrapes the bowl as it goes and gets the mix to be almost impossibly light. I was pleased with my mixer before but this is the icing on the cake. For about £25 quid, I don't know why I waited so long. It took about three weeks to arrive so that's a bit of a negative but I wasn't in a hurry. I make celebration cakes to order. I am so pleased with it. Worth every penny.

Chic & Unique Vintage Cakes: 30 modern cake designs from vintage inspirations
Chic & Unique Vintage Cakes: 30 modern cake designs from vintage inspirations
by Zoe Clark

5.0 out of 5 stars Achievable cake decorating, 27 Oct. 2013
Certainly not for the beginner, but very achievable designs for a solid medium level baker. The book includes recipes of vanilla, choc, carrot and fruit cake and quantities too. There are also recipes for ganache and buttercream if you need them and basic instructions on crumb coating and sugar paste covering. Ten cake designs are approached as projects with materials and specific equipment e.g. FPC filigree mould. This was extremely useful. Each project is then extended with small tutorials for cupcakes or small cakes and cookies within the same theme as the large cake. I am a good cake maker but not outstanding and there was nothing in this book that I felt was beyond me. Although some artistic flair is needed for tasks like painting roses or numbers for a convincing result. I'm glad I bought it and would like more time in my life to have a go at more of these designs than just the one so far. I've done the Antique Time Piece and was thrilled with it.

FMM Textured Lace Set 2 - 3 Piece
FMM Textured Lace Set 2 - 3 Piece

5.0 out of 5 stars very pretty, 16 May 2013
I bought this because I was following a specific tutorial for a cake. For that reason, I have found it to be an excellent product.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Very smart, 16 May 2013
I ordered this in the sale because of good reviews. When it arrived, it did not fill me with confidence. The bag it came in made it look a bit cheap. However, the other reviews are right... It looks lovely on my husband and it washes and dries well. My other half is a medium/large. I bought a large. It's perfect.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3