Profile for David Turner > Reviews

Content by David Turner

David Turner "davidjohnturner" (Bolton, United Kingdom)

Stop The Clocks [2CD + DVD]
Stop The Clocks [2CD + DVD]
Offered by thegoodmusicshop

4.0 out of 5 stars Because it's Oasis, 20 Nov. 2006
As with other reviewers I too was disappointed that no songs from Be Here Now were included, but maybe Noel now thinks this was just a load of "Noise and Confusion", but as a teenager at the time, I thought it was fantastic. Despite this I absolutely love every song on this release, as I always have, and like any other die hard oasis fan it sits pride of place at the top of my CD rack, because of course, its Oasis.

Solid Gold Hits
Solid Gold Hits

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid Gold, 15 Nov. 2005
This review is from: Solid Gold Hits (Audio CD)
This is an absolute must for any Beastie Boys fan, one disc documenting their music over the last two decades or so, from Fight For Your Right to Ch-check It Out, with only one important omission in my opinion (3 Mc's and 1 DJ). Listen out for the very political, but also excellent "An open Letter To NYC". These guys have truly stood the test of time...Outstanding

Yamada DVD 2500 Multi-region Capable DVD Player
Yamada DVD 2500 Multi-region Capable DVD Player

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value DVD player, 18 Nov. 2003
To be honest, I was a bit sceptical about a DVD player for £30, but for the money, the quality of this machine is excellent. The picture and sound quality is the same as the Sony one I bought for £200. Following the instructions provided by Amazon, it can be made multi-region in seconds, it even plays JPEG and MP3 which my more expensive player cannot.
This is a great DVD player, and I really can't understand how Yamada (Umax) can manufacture and sell it for £30. Usual composite and Scart connections feature on this player as well as S-video.
Get yours today before they run out... in fact, get two!!

Olympus Mju 300 Digital Camera [3MP 3xOptical]
Olympus Mju 300 Digital Camera [3MP 3xOptical]

5.0 out of 5 stars Olympus Mju 300 Digital Camera, 16 Nov. 2003
As a newcomer to digital photography, I was looking for a mid range, easy to use decent quality camera. I eventually came across the Olympus Mju 300. After reading the other reviews on Amazon I decided to invenst in one. The quality of this camera is excellent, from the construction to the actual quality of the photographs it produces. The metal exterior of the Mju 300 gives it a real sturdy feel and convinces you that it will last forever! The only minor problem for me was the plastic door that conceals the XD card and USB input, which unless carefully handled may break over time, particularly if you are heavy handed!! Even so, if it did break i'm sure the part could be replaced easily, and shouldn't be a problem for most people. The photos produced from this camera are great, even at A4 size and make great wallpaper for your desktop. Combined with the Epson Photo 830U printer I bought and special printing media, you can have your own little photo studio set up creating printouts as good as those you would have developed professionaly. The camera has all the usual standard features such as red eye reduction, an excellent zoom and the ability to change your photos to black and white or sepia without using your pc. The camera is also weatherproof, although I have not tested this, but should be useful on a rainy day out! One thing, buy a 64MB XD card for about £20 with your Mju 300; it will hold 81 pictures in the default high quality mode (the camera only comes with a 16MB one). In conclusion, I couldn't be more pleased with my new camera; excellent quality, as you would expect from Olympus. Oh yeah... buy it from Amazon too, I couldn't find it cheaper anywhere else!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 16, 2010 3:11 PM GMT