Profile for Mr. Leonard F. Clark > Reviews

Content by Mr. Leonard F....

Mr. Leonard F. Clark "Len CLark" (Liverpool, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Plain Aga Gauntlet Black
Plain Aga Gauntlet Black
Offered by UK Cook Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and practical, 3 Mar 2013
We recently bought an Esse (not Aga, but similar) wood cooker and needed something better than the short, standard oven gloves provided. These gauntlets cover about 1/3 of the arm and offer good heat resistance.

I've only given 4 stars because they really ought to be a bit longer and they were quite expensive. Also, they really ought to be sold in pairs because you need both hands to retrieve heavy dishes from the oven. In fact, I bought some Hoter Oven Mitts and the same time and I would say that, on the whole, they fit the bill better.

Hoter® Resistant Oven Mitt, Flame Retardant Mitts, Oven Mitt, Kitchen Tools, Price/Piece

5.0 out of 5 stars No more burns on the arm, 3 Mar 2013
We recently splashed out and bought an Esse wood cooker (very similar to an Aga). The problem with these is that the ovens are quite deep and very hot and my wife (note, not me!) was constantly burning her arms on the walls of the ovens and when the door swung closed.

These gloves (they come as a pair - or I bought two - can't remember which but two is a good idea) solve the problem. They really do go up to the elbow for large people. In fact, one problem is that they're difficult to use with jumpers on because they're a fairly snug fit (although I'm pretty large, so it might be better for slimmer people).

Unfortunately, we got into the habit of using them to put the wood in the fire too and, although they afforded equal protection, they are not really robust enough to cope with the rough wood. So the internal insulation is now exposed.

I will be getting some more, which we will treat with a bit more care.

English Grammar in Use with Answers and CD-ROM: A Self-Study Reference and Practice Book for Intermediate Learners of English
by Raymond Murphy
Edition: CD-ROM

5.0 out of 5 stars What a good series, 3 Mar 2013
We already had an older version of this book and I wanted an up-to-date version for lessons I'm giving a French friend. This covers Intermediate level at an excellent pace, provides suitable examples for an older student and lots of exercises. The Answers is important (because I'm too lazy to work them out for myself and I can give him self-test exercises) and the CD is vital. (If you hunt through the CD you can find *half* of each section in pdf format, which is great for printing sheets for the student to take away.)

English Collocations in Use
English Collocations in Use
by Michael McCarthy

5.0 out of 5 stars What goes with what, 3 Mar 2013
This is a topic that causes a lot of problems for non-native speakers and this book covers the subject well. In particular (like all "in Use" books) there is a good mix of explanation and exercises.

Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 (PC/Mac)
Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 (PC/Mac)

5.0 out of 5 stars What a lot there is, 3 Mar 2013
This was actually a present for my 24-year old son. I used to use a (very old) copy of Photoshop CS2 but the latest Elements has pretty much everything that the old Pro version had ... at a fraction of the price. I don't really use the organiser (although it looks complete and I really ought to explore it some time), so it's just the editor for me. I find it indispensable now.

Photoshop Elements 11: Visual QuickStart Guide (Visual QuickStart Guides)
Photoshop Elements 11: Visual QuickStart Guide (Visual QuickStart Guides)
by Jeff Carlson

5.0 out of 5 stars It comes to something when the "lite" version is this feature-full, 3 Mar 2013
This was actually a present for my 24-year old son, who has recently taken to using Photoshop Elements. It does seem a simple and straight-forward explanation of Photoshop Elements.

Samsung M8 1TB 2.5" 9.5mm SATA 3Gpbs Internal Hard Drive -PS3/PS4 Compatible
Samsung M8 1TB 2.5" 9.5mm SATA 3Gpbs Internal Hard Drive -PS3/PS4 Compatible
Offered by CrossCables

5.0 out of 5 stars Loads of space on the laptop, 3 Mar 2013
I bought this so that I could create a dual-boot Windows and OS X (hackintosh). It serves the purpose brilliantly. Absolutely no problems.

Loire Valley Footprint (Footprint Travel Guide) (Footprint Full-colour Guide)
Loire Valley Footprint (Footprint Travel Guide) (Footprint Full-colour Guide)
by Roger Moss

5.0 out of 5 stars Great basic guide, 1 Jun 2012
Good guide with lots of info at a very reasonable price. It covers Western Loire as well as Centre, which is good.

Samsung E2222 'Texto' Dual SIM Capable Sim Free Mobile Phone
Samsung E2222 'Texto' Dual SIM Capable Sim Free Mobile Phone
Offered by TTsims - select Expedited at checkout for delivery before Xmas

5.0 out of 5 stars Basic - but does what it needs to do, 1 Jun 2012
I changed from a dual-sim smart phone to this phone because I needed something with a sensible battery life. The previous phone was a great item (Android 2.3) but had an abysmal battery life. The E222 is very basic (although "basic" buys you quite a lot these days) and I miss the smart phone capabilities ... but it will go over a week without needing a new charge. And the two sims work fine.

So, if your prime need is simply a phone that will hold two sims, this is a great little beast that will certainly do the job. It also has most of the other things you'd want (e.g. mail capability, calendar, agenda, to dos, facebook and twitter links) but all these are through a non-touch screen and a very small screen at that. Having said that, the keyboard works well, on the whole.

So, limited but does what it sets out to do.

Ancient Herbs
Ancient Herbs
by Marina Heilmeyer

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly beautiful book, 17 May 2012
This review is from: Ancient Herbs (Hardcover)
I bought this for my wife who is recently retired and enjoying discovering more exotic plants. I'm not sure it's that much help to someone who wants to develop a serious selection of ancient herbs but it is a beautiful book to browse and may give some good ideas.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9