Profile for Susan Gregson > Reviews

Susan Gregson

Sharp Objects
Sharp Objects

5.0 out of 5 stars Unputdownable!, 4 April 2013
This review is from: Sharp Objects (Kindle Edition)
Read this straight after finishing 'Gone Girl' which I also loved . What a joy to find a new author who writes so brilliantly.
Very dark, but SO good.

Gone Girl
Gone Girl

5.0 out of 5 stars Page turner, 27 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Gone Girl (Kindle Edition)
Bought this when it leapt into the best sellers list a few weeks back. It's an intriguing story -- a mystery -- one of those books that is fascinating and disturbing but difficult to put down. I hadn't heard of Gillian Flynn, but she's joining Patrick deWitt as one of my favourite modern authors.

Amazon Kindle Keyboard Leather Case (3rd Generation - 2010 release), Black
Amazon Kindle Keyboard Leather Case (3rd Generation - 2010 release), Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the ticket., 27 Jan. 2013
I really love this cover. I've been wanting a leather cover for my precious Kindle keyboard for ages, but most of them were too expensive for me. This one is solid and strong -- perhaps it could be a little lighter -- but it's perfect for me.

On Chesil Beach
On Chesil Beach

5.0 out of 5 stars A little masterpiece, 27 Jan. 2013
This review is from: On Chesil Beach (Kindle Edition)
I've been meaning to read this book for so long, so glad I finally bought it.Beautifully observed, beautifully written. I believe it received a lot of adverse criticism when it was first published -- as far as I'm concerned it's a little masterpiece.

Nailoid All-in-One Buff and Shine 15g
Nailoid All-in-One Buff and Shine 15g

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 27 Jan. 2013
I used the old Nailoid 'Carnate' for years until it disappeared. Thrilled to find it back in circulation. Better than nail polish.

What's Your Poo Telling You?: 2013 Daily Calendar
What's Your Poo Telling You?: 2013 Daily Calendar
by Anish Sheth
Edition: Calendar

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite good, 27 Jan. 2013
Thought it was a wall calendar, disappointed as it was expensive to send to Australia! Recipient likes it -- says she's learning something [weird] every day.

The Sisters Brothers
The Sisters Brothers
by Patrick deWitt

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars +, 27 Jan. 2013
This review is from: The Sisters Brothers (Paperback)
One of the best books I've read in years.Chose it for our Book Club read and everyone loved it -- it became a Xmas gift favourite.