Profile for Rye-Rye-Vita > Reviews

Sniper Elite V2 (PS3)
Sniper Elite V2 (PS3)
Offered by EVERGAME

4.0 out of 5 stars A good value budget game, 25 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Sniper Elite V2 (PS3) (Video Game)
Well I have explored all aspects of this game now and think that the £30 price has proved good value.
The single player camapign on Elite (hardest) difficulty was challenging but do-able despite the AI being either Forrest Gump or Universal Soldier with no in between. The co-op campaign is also enjoyable but I would say having a mic is essential to co-ordinate your movements.
The overwatch mode is also really good and what sniper ghost warrior should have done. It is a 2 player mission with one playing as the sniper and the other as a 'spotter'. The sniper cannot move from their vantage point and needs to watch the back of the spotter as he tries to achieve the objective. Shame there are only 3 overwatch missions.
The bomb run is also decent and involves finding parts for your vehicle that the spread out around the map. If you didn't get the 'kill the fuhrer' as a pre-order bonus, it is now available on the PS store at the ridiculous price of £7.99 (maybe even slightly higher). It isn't worth it. There are no extra trophies for it and it took me about 20 mins on Elite difficulty.
The trophies are actually pretty straight forward but if you are aiming to do this in one playthrough, you will need a guide (good ones on you tube) as some of the bottles and gold are nigh on impossible to find with out one. I would say the platinum diificulty is a 4 or 5/10.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good but a bit pricey, 26 Jan. 2011
If you look hard enough then you may be able to find this cheaper elsewhere. I couldn't be bothered so sold my house and maxed out 3 credit cards to get the extra cover. The fact that I am sleeping in a ditch with only my printer for company, it is very reassuring that I can get parts and labour for the next 5 years for it.
To be honest, I almost didn't get it but the free P&P was a deal clincher.

EDIT: Just realised that my printer is Konica. Anyone want to buy a nearly new HP service agreement?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 14, 2011 5:26 PM GMT

Monopoly Streets (PS3)
Monopoly Streets (PS3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice twist on a classic game, 17 Dec. 2010
Ok, I've had this game for 3-4 days now and on the whole I have really enjoyed it. The gameplay is interactive and the ability to play online gives the game quite a bit of longevity. I have found that if you are dominating a game then some human players leave (with their tale between their legs!) but these players are replced by AI so you can still carry on a get your win which still counts for the rankings.
I would warn you now that some of the characters will grind on you fairly early on but thankfully you are able to tweak it so that they become silent (or quieter). One issue that I don't like is that you can only see the board in the traditional format on your go and even then the time you can look at it is time limited. They should have made it so that you can flick between the 3D animated board to the traditional board by pressing L2 or something but alas, you can't :-(
Don't let that put you off though, it is still good fun and will easily take up an evening without you realising even thoug the games do flow as all rent/taxes/fines etc are taken automatically without the need to scramble around for change from the bank! I've only played single player and on-line so far but this could be really good with friends and family as well.
I have noticed that even though the game has only been out a few weeks that a few things are popping up in the Playstation store which I'm not keen on (Championship board for £5.49 anyone?)
ps. I know a few people out there like collecting trophies... this is a give away for trophies!! I have played for 3 nights (about 6 hours) and have 23 trophies already! An easy platinum by the looks of it!!
See you on the board!
Happy gaming!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 24, 2010 5:47 PM GMT

Little Big Planet - Game of the Year Edition (PS3)
Little Big Planet - Game of the Year Edition (PS3)
Offered by b68solutions

4.0 out of 5 stars 10/10 for the game 8/10 for content, 22 April 2010
If you are new to little big planet and want some reviews of the game itself, have a look at the original version on amazon. There are 200+ reviews on there and I think it is avearging 4.5 or 5 stars, and rightly so. It is an excellent game. My only problem with this version is that it does not include the pirates of the carribean levels. Those levels were available for download from the PSN at Christmas time so there can't be that many people still buying it now. If they have gone to the effort of releasing a new version of LBP and are relaunching the brand, why not go the whole hog??
The metal gear levels are great fun (which are included) and there are a few other extra levels so for the extra cost (£2-£3?) compared to the orginal version, it still represents good value.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 2, 2010 9:54 PM BST

Western Digital Scorpio Blue 500GB Sata 8MB Cache 2.5 Inch Internal Hard Drive OEM - Sony Playstation PS3 Compatible
Offered by Artemis Global

5.0 out of 5 stars happy PS3 user, 17 Feb. 2010
Firstly, the actual installation of this drive was reassuringly simple. I followed an online video guide to be sure but I could have done it without.
I also bought an external HD as I wanted to transfer my saved games and have a back up ( I have a fear that my PS3 will be stolen and I lose all my hours of gaming progress!!) so had to back up everything which again was easy to do (but did take about 2 hours!!) The problem came about when I had changed the internal HD over and tried to reinstall the data from the external HD. You should be aware that if you are using this for a PS3 then you will need to download the latest software version from the PS website straight to the external drive as when I tried to reinstall it without, it was saying that it cannot continue as it didn't have software version 3.15. There is a specific place to save the software file on the external drive and it has to have a specific name (you can find this on the internet if you do a search) and then transfer the data over. This is no way a fault of the HD and it has been faultless since I put it in a month ago. It's reassuring to have 460GB of memory (not sure why they say it's a 500GB memory when it seems there is only 460GB to use) as I was struggling to delete any more stuff on my 40GB drive. Great stuff.

Diesel DZ1226 Gents White Leather Strap Watch
Diesel DZ1226 Gents White Leather Strap Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars Great time piece, 12 Jan. 2010
I have never been complimented on a watch before but have had this for a month and loads of people said how much they love it. It took me a back a little as the face is quite big but you soon realise it adds to it's unique-ness. It was a treat for myself after spending a fortune on everyone elses xmas presents and I think it will look great in the summer too with short sleeved shirts/tops. It's hard to get too excited about a watch but I really do love it!!

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (PS3)
G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (PS3)
Offered by scaddingk

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a classic but a must for the die GI Joe fan, 11 Jan. 2010
Ok, so this will not go down in history for one of the best games ever made and based on pure gaming quality, may lend support to those that say that games made from films rarely works well. The thing is though, for those that love or loved GI Joe, you will accept the poor graphics, the limited mission variations, poor camera angles and weak character movement and you can play as some of the classic characters. completing a mission as shipwreck with help from Beachead was awesome and getting a silver trophy for defeating Storm Shadow was fantastic. At least this game does have a new story line which follows the story of the movie and introduces characters not seen in the film and although this is not good in a pure gaming sense of the word, GI Joe fans will get a good few fun filled hours of play out of this game. And seeing as it's below a tenner now, it's definitely worth a punt.

Pedalite Baglite Solar Powered Light
Pedalite Baglite Solar Powered Light
Offered by Lake Home and Leisure

4.0 out of 5 stars really good.... once you're used to it, 18 Nov. 2009
I'm writing this review after having the bag lite for about 3 weeks and if I had written it after 2 days I may have given it 1 star!! The pack itself works really well which is the main thing. It's easy to strap over your back pack and you can increase your visibilty to car drivers drastically compared to lights alone.
There are 2 settings; a constant light or a flashing light. I found the battery life when in constant mode was pretty poor, even for a 25 minute journey home from work but I figured that my lights would do that job so have it flashing instead which is actually probably more effective. The other thing you have to get used to is that there is a switch which has to be, er, switched (!) when the unit is not being used so that the battery can charge. This compares to other solar powered gadgets (garden lights, torch, bike light) which will charge any time it's not being used and is in sunlight... this on the other hand has to to be turned to 'on' when you want to use it and to 'charging' when it's not... it's very frustrating if you forget!! There are 3 solar panels which are quite spread out which makes positioning it to expose it to as much light as possible quite awkward.
I am nitpicking a little and the negatives in no way outweigh the positives once you are used to the switching issue and finding a way charge it (mine is spread eagled over my office window!) as you have zero maintainance lights and no expensive batteries to buy...ever... but these are to be used as well as bike lights and not instead of!!

Happy (and safe) biking!!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 3, 2010 1:12 AM GMT

Populous (Nintendo DS)
Populous (Nintendo DS)

4.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable, 10 Sept. 2009
The game is not as broad as the classic Amiga version but the updated version is great fun.

The Outer Limits - The New Series: Complete Season 1 [DVD]
The Outer Limits - The New Series: Complete Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kevin Conway

5.0 out of 5 stars About time!!, 27 Mar. 2007
At last!! More than ten years has passed since I became enthralled in a weekly dose of the outer limits and finally some bright spark has decided to get it out on DVD. There are some classic episodes in this first series and almost every episode that has been made has included a famous TV/Film star which adds credibility to some very well written sci-fi and thought provoking episodes. My only worry is that this series saw a release in the states quite some time ago and I haven't read or seen anything that has indicated the second series is coming out... When you see some of the garbage that is taking up valuable shelf space in the local entertainment shops, you'd hope that the follow up series to the Outer limits also comes out for those that have been fortunate enough to see and appreciate some classic cult TV.