Profile for S. Layton > Reviews

1000 PeaceWomen: Across the Globe
1000 PeaceWomen: Across the Globe
by Scalo Publishers

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 19 Sep 2012
I was so inspired by the idea of this movement. Unfortunately, the book lacks details that bring the women alive. I also know some of the facts are not fully correct. A pity...

The Monks of Tibhirine: Faith, Love and Terror in Algeria
The Monks of Tibhirine: Faith, Love and Terror in Algeria
by John W. Kiser

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring lives of humility and simple love, 19 Sep 2012
I loved this book. I learnt quite a bit about Algeria, but more importantly, I learnt a lot about the life of a monk and the beauty and the good of such a life. Completely inspired by their solidarity with the local people and their simple lives of love and faith and service. Highly recommended if you want to re-focus on what's important or just hear about ordinary people choosing extraordinary love. If only more of us responded to the challenges of our current times in this way.

Small space dehumidifier bags (3 pack)
Small space dehumidifier bags (3 pack)
Offered by CKONE

3.0 out of 5 stars good for car, 1 Dec 2010
These worked ok for very small spaces. I put mine in my car and helped with condensation in the mornings. But then did not do much good in my wardrobe.

Equity, Mercy, Forgiveness: Interpreting Amnesty Within the South African Truth and Reconciliation Commission (Morality and the Meaning of Life)
by Wilhelm Verwoerd

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoughtful and accessible, 24 May 2009
This book is a thought-provoking reflection on important themes for all of us - South African or not. Verwoerd writes from a solid background in philosophy and a deep personal journey and invited us to think again about the mercy, equity and forgiveness in a context of human experience. Highly recommended.