ARRAY(0xac7b75e8)

Profile for Avidly Reading > Reviews

Content by Avidly Reading

Avidly Reading "mAz" (United Kingdom)

Drop Dead Gorgeous
Drop Dead Gorgeous
by Wayne Simmons
Price: 5.59

1.0 out of 5 stars Drop Dead Disappointment, 3 Mar 2012
This review is from: Drop Dead Gorgeous (Paperback)
I had read Wayne Simmons' book, 'Flu', and this was a fast-paced and exiting, classic Zombie tale. Unfortunately 'Drop Dead Gorgeous' does not live up to expectations after reading 'Flu' at all. Most of the book bar 20 pages tell a good story of the characters but it is very drawn out with description of the state of the calm before the storm as it were. The last 20 pages or so seem to cram in a shoddy tale of the undead. It is quickly skipped over with no suspense and almost all of the characters whom you've heard so much about get killed off. It seems as if Wayne got bored of his own book and quickly ended it without a proper suspense/ horror tale to unfold. Do not be fooled by the cover - it's the only thing worth buying!!

Uni-ball Scented Gel Ink Rollerball Pens - Assorted Sweets Scents/Colours - Pack of 5

4.0 out of 5 stars Scents could be stronger, 1 Dec 2011
I bought these as I thought it would be fun to have a change from the boring old blue/ black bic biros.

The colours are great although the scents varies in strength - I would have preferred a stronger scent but that's just me!

FitFlop Walkstar III Jelly Leisure Sandal, Size UKL4
FitFlop Walkstar III Jelly Leisure Sandal, Size UKL4

5.0 out of 5 stars Not a Flop, 16 Nov 2011
Great pair of FitFlops - really comfortable and also easy to clean. I must say that I haven't noticed any major difference in my gluteus maximus but I feel the benefit of less pressure on the knee when walking.

Car + Home Stereo Auxiliary AUX-IN Input Lead / Cable 3.5mm for iPods, iPhone 5, 4S, 4, 3GS, 3G, smartphones and mp3 players (1.2m)
Offered by InCarCables Ltd
Price: 6.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin ..., 16 Nov 2011
Tried to find these in the shops and they were very high in price - this item does the job as well as any other, is a good price and fits through the letterbox!

Pink table-top swing bin 1.5L
Pink table-top swing bin 1.5L
Offered by east2eden
Price: 2.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little desktop bin, 16 Nov 2011
This review is from: Pink table-top swing bin 1.5L
Our bins at work have been removed and centralised so I was on the lookout for a suitable desktop bin. I am glad I found this item, it was just the right size to have on my desk at work (for a day's worth of food rubbish). The lid doesn't fit well (a little too big) but if you put a sandwich bag in as the liner it works perfectly :)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 10, 2012 12:11 PM BST

Silver & Black table-top swing bin 1.5L

Dvd ~ Kristen Stewart
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 2.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Something to watch over and over, 22 Feb 2010
Having read all the Twilight series books, I decided to purchase the DVD hoping that it would match my expectations. I can safely say that the DVD did surpass all expectations.
I would recommend this to all who love Vampires & Romance - the 'tingle' factor has been captured!!
I would say this is a great girly DVD for ALL ages. Buy it and watch it now if you want a really great story with a subtly steamy undertone of intense sexual energy with added magic & mystery.