Profile for P T CHEATLE > Reviews

Content by P T CHEATLE

P T CHEATLE (Portsmouth, Hants United Kingdom)

Tudor: The Family Story
Tudor: The Family Story

5.0 out of 5 stars A reet good read., 26 May 2014
A good read, handy to have the family tree at the beginning of the physical book as it can be hard to follow who was who and when, but the size of the book proved cumbersome so I'm finishing reading it on my kindle. Good descriptive details, although not really sure how much could be fact and how much is literary licence, but all in all it paints a great picture, and is extremely readable. Recommended to Tudor fans.

Broken Music: Memoirs
Broken Music: Memoirs
by Sting

5.0 out of 5 stars A story shared, 25 Jan. 2004
This review is from: Broken Music: Memoirs (Hardcover)
I asked my brother to buy me this book for Christmas after seeing Sting on Parkinson last year, even then when pressed by Parky you could see the emotion of the memories in his eyes. Reading the book brings those alive, I could read them and see them at the same time. Broken Music is so vividly and beautifully written; no less than you would expect from someone with the phenonmenal song-writing talent like Sting. A thoroughly enjoyable read, I couldn't put it down, and in fact I read it again straightaway, to take it all in. Parts of it are sad, some funny, all moving. I'm glad he chose to share it.