Profile for JL > Reviews

Content by JL

JL "cdcollector" (Spain)

Fall To Grace
Fall To Grace

5.0 out of 5 stars Hands up if "Only Love Can Hurt Like This" brought you here!, 29 July 2014
This review is from: Fall To Grace (Audio CD)
Yes, I recently discovered Paloma while I was staying in Bristol for 3 months, when one day while I was having a nice English breakfast her new single began to play in the radio... I was instantly blown away. I had to buy that álbum, "A Perfect Contradiction", and that album led me to purchase her previous work, something that I do not regret. Paloma's peculiar voice and her style is a breath of fresh air in an ocean of tasteless music that is played nowadays in radios worldwide.

I will always remember my days in Bristol as a student of English and the music of this girl that I discovered there...

A Christmas Cornucopia [VINYL]
A Christmas Cornucopia [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have album for any Christmas music library, 18 Nov. 2010
My mom just gave me the vinyl LP of the album. Strangely, only the vinyl edition has arrived to my city in Spain, and couldn't find the standard CD or the digipak (anyway I wanted the LP edition too). I just finished listening it.

Is it possible to hold so much happiness in a compact disc or vinyl record??. I was totally in heaven while listening to it. Annie made it again. Her personal touch to these carols isn't just amazing, but she also seems to have a magic wand to give each new song she does her special touch of quality, taste and "savoir faire".

Did I say heaven? If not heaven, the sound experience of all the glorious CHOIRS included in almost every song makes it close to it. The end of As Joseph Was A Walking gives me chills. What choirs!! :o

Definetly, a must-have for this Christmas season. Thank you Annie for making these upcoming days a little more warm and happy :)

Ps: the packaging of the vinyl edition is just gorgeous. It portrays the mood of the music perfectly. This music deserves to be listened while you read the lyrics and admire the beautiful pictures in the booklet. I thank God for they still release music in physical format today, and particularly this vinyl edition, despite the dramatic situation of piracy in the music industry around the world. Thank God that they realise how much Annie's music deserves these different editions for the joy of those who love quality music-like us! :)

A Christmas Cornucopia
A Christmas Cornucopia
Offered by MediaMerchants

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for any Christmas music library, 18 Nov. 2010
This review is from: A Christmas Cornucopia (Audio CD)