Profile for Sean of the dead > Reviews

Content by Sean of the dead

Sean of the dead

Hot Toys - Terminator 2 figurine DX 1/6 T-800 Battle Damaged 32 cm
Hot Toys - Terminator 2 figurine DX 1/6 T-800 Battle Damaged 32 cm
Offered by JAPAN HIGH QUALITY SHOP.

5.0 out of 5 stars The hottest of Hot Toys, 30 Nov. 2013
Living in Japan and just got this fella today. Paid a hell of a lot less than the price here so maybe shop around see if you can get a better deal. The price goes up and up on these figures but so does the quality. Still its a heavy price to pay. If you're used to chucking the big bucks on hot toys figures then my friends, do not hesitate for a second!. This is now the best figure I have in my collection. It's a shoe-in for 1/6th scale figure of the year. I bought the clean DX10 T-800 last year. At the time I thought it was fantastic. I'm still happy with it but with the DX13 the head sculpt is much superior. It's the best 1/6th scale interpretation of Ahhhnolds face out there. Spookily realistic and you get two heads. One from just after evading the police at Cyberdine and the other from when the T-1000 beats the crap out of him near the films end. Hey, if you're interested in buying this guy I'm sure you're aware of all the specs. There's a generous amount of extras not least a liquid form T-1000 to set-up a fight with the main figure. A battered arm of metal fragments below the elbow to switch with the regular arm and a second jacket to highlight the missing arm. It's got that 'wow' factor that I haven't felt so much with recent figures. I believe once this guy is sold-out his value will sky rocket. So, if your hobby is high-end figure collecting get hold of this while you can.

Star Trek: Legends of the Final Frontier Collection [Blu-ray] [2009]
Star Trek: Legends of the Final Frontier Collection [Blu-ray] [2009]
Dvd ~ Patrick Stewart

4.0 out of 5 stars Damn it Jim I'm a theatrical cut not a directors!, 15 Nov. 2011
Not going to bore you with my opinion on each movie but lay down the important info for these blu rays. Firstly good news is they are region free I bought from England and play on my jap ps3. Picture can be sublime on some movies (motion picture, khan, first contact and Nemesis) and not so great on others (search for Spock, final frontier) tho they are all a marked improvement on the DVDs. Most of the special edition extras are ported over from the DVD special editions and you will find HD exclusives such as an interview with James Horner on Khan and a roundtable discussion on the next generation movies by a collection of relevant fans. There is also a HD exclusive two disk extras blu Ray with the highlight a roundtable discussion with shatner, Nimoy, Patrick Stewart and Jonathan Frakes hosted by Whoopi Goldberg. You'll find HD exclusive commentaries not on the DVDs so overall it's an impressive package (a giant box set blu enterprise cover encasing 11 standerd blu Ray boxes). I have one problem with this box set and that is we are denied the directors cuts of motion picture, Khan and undiscovered country. In my opinion they are all superior to the theatricals (scottys personal loss in khan, scooby doo ending in country, a mercifully shorter and tighter version of motion picture!) This leads to quite a stripping down of extras for the motion picture and to not even give the viewer the option of which version to watch is a slap in the face to the late Robert Wise and Nicholas Meyer director and writer involved with 3 of the better treks khan,voyage home and undiscovered country. Overall a solid package but not perfect!

1/4 Scale (18) Predator - Masked Figure "
1/4 Scale (18) Predator - Masked Figure "

5.0 out of 5 stars If it bleeds we can kill it., 15 Nov. 2011
Living in japan paid more than the list price here. Would say this is a must have for any collector. The closest we have seen to movie reference for a predator figure. Great detail, very heavy, very durable decent articulation, extendable claw. Spare closed hand the only accesory if you don't count the blaster and medikit that attaches to the back. When you stand this behemoth up you will be blown away. Very cheap compared to hot toys only gripe is rather than 3 versions we should have had one version and spare head accesories as the mask is not detachable. I loved it so much I bought two, masked and closed mandible face so the marketing ploy worked on me! Collectors are snapping these up get one now as I believe (as is already the case with the masked version) that the value will increase. They are limited Ed 5000 in the world buy now or there won't be another chance.