Profile for Anna Knight > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
De'Longhi Icona ECO310.W Pump Espresso Machine - Pearl White
De'Longhi Icona ECO310.W Pump Espresso Machine - Pearl White

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with this coffee machine, 27 Nov 2012
It looks smart, it's easy to use without being too automatic (and detracting from your barista skills and individual coffee making rituals!) and I have a lovely cup of coffee with frothy milk every morning. This machine is instrumental in keeping me happy!

Music & Silence
Music & Silence

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great work from Rose Tremain, 27 Nov 2012
This review is from: Music & Silence (Kindle Edition)
With a light touch Rose Tremain draws you into the world of her novel, invites you to know her characters bad and good, makes your laughter disappear into profound sorrow and anxiety. Like no other she can employ deftness to reveal depths about the human condition. The character of Kirsten in this book has provoked hilarity, fear and anger in equal measure: I love her! But I also detest her. This is gret storytelling.

As Meat Loves Salt
As Meat Loves Salt

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book, 27 Nov 2012
I'm someone who has always read a lot of literature including modern literature, but have gone through a phase recently of being dissatisfied with books, or starting them and finding they haven't grabbed me. I thought it was me. But when I started As Meat Loves Salt I knew I had found something great. And it gripped from start to finish. The bravery of the author in inviting us to understand and empathize with a profoundly flawed and unlikeable central character pays off in my opinion. This is a weighty, meaningful, inspired and important book.

Aqua Sphere Unisex Kayenne Swimming Goggle - Aqua/Silver Frame/Clear Lens
Aqua Sphere Unisex Kayenne Swimming Goggle - Aqua/Silver Frame/Clear Lens

5.0 out of 5 stars The only non leaking goggles I've ever owned, 27 Nov 2012
I'm still getting used to the marvelous sensation of going for a swim without having to stop every length to empty and readjust my goggles. I am so glad I found them.

You Can't Read This Book: Censorship in an Age of Freedom
You Can't Read This Book: Censorship in an Age of Freedom

5.0 out of 5 stars Has to be read, had to be written, 27 Nov 2012
A hugely important, well expressed and thought provoking read. Nick Cohen has drawn together all the themes around freedom of speech, thought control and censorship that, in current times, really need to be known and considered. I didn't know how badly I needed to read this book till I had read it
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 2, 2013 7:40 AM GMT

Eat Cuban
Eat Cuban
by Judy Bastyra

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 27 Nov 2012
This review is from: Eat Cuban (Hardcover)
Great recipes with gorgeous pictures making the whole book a lovely experience. Have especially enjoyed it as it recalls my recent Cuba trip. If anything it does too much justice to Cuban cuisine which can be pretty bland and ordinary!

Kindle Touch, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Touch Screen Display
Kindle Touch, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Touch Screen Display

3.0 out of 5 stars I think I preferred my keyboard one, 27 Nov 2012
The main reason being the page turning. It was really easy with the keyboard one. It's a pain with this. It's too easy to make a mistake and find yourself several pages or a chapter on or suddenly in the footnotes because you've accidentally touched the wrong place or bringing up a dictionary screen or other screen you didn't want. You end up holding your thumb in an awkward place. It's hard to turn pages back as you have to do it on one side of the screen only in a very specific place. Apart from that it's fine. I love the whole Kindle experience, just wish I'd stuck to one with side page turner buttons

A Guide to Plants Poisonous to Horses
A Guide to Plants Poisonous to Horses
by Keith Allison

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but incomplete info, 27 Nov 2012
What information this book has is very thorough but seems a bit dated. There is more research now into toxic plants and their effects on horses and lots of evidence of common plants not mentioned here, such as hogweed and other plants containing coumarins having a bad effect on grazing animals. But there isn't a more comprehensive book on the subject it seems. Good pictures for easy identification of the offending plants

La puerta al Sahara (for learners of Spanish) (Novels for learning foreign languages nº 3) (Spanish Edition)

2.0 out of 5 stars Great for the Spanish, 27 Nov 2012
Great for the Spanish; a fairly straightforward read for an intermediate learner I would say. I didn't like the story but it seemed like it was aimed at teenagers maybe and I didn't expect a literary masterpiece. If you want a good story, in Spanish, try an original Isabel Allende!

Fawn Turtle door mat with latex backing 75 X 100cm
Fawn Turtle door mat with latex backing 75 X 100cm
Offered by Norwood Trading Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars These are great if you have dogs, 27 Nov 2012
.... Or often have wet/muddy footwear. They quickly absorb wet and dirt and stop so much of it being traipsed round house, even if feet/paws not wiped. They come up like new in the washing machine. Latex backs mean they don't slide around on smooth floors.I have one at every external door and a spare for if one's in the wash.

Page: 1 | 2