Profile for susan_tomalin@hotmail.com > Reviews

Baby Names Around the World
by Bruce Lansky
Price: 7.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book of names I've found, 3 April 2001
I am not having a baby- I'm just interested in names, so I got a couple of these 'baby names' books and this one was by far the best. It has all the names first by which country they come from, then alphabetically, and includes a very comprehensive passage of the origin and meaning of each name.

The Smart Woman's Guide to Staying at Home
The Smart Woman's Guide to Staying at Home
by Melissa Hill

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful even for working women, 3 April 2001
As a working woman, I didn't know if this book would be of any use to me, but I have found it excellent. It follows virtually exactly the model for marriage that my husband and I talked about before our wedding- me as the household manager. The section on money was just the incentive I needed to get my finances into order. There were also lots of useful tips on marriage in general, that I found very helpful.
A great book for all married women.

"National Geographic" The Photographs
"National Geographic" The Photographs
by Leah Bendavid-Val
Edition: Imitation Leather

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 3 April 2001
An amazing book of photos from the last 100 years or so and from all over thw world. I have loved reading through this book and learning about the world around me and about places I have never been to!
If you are interested in photos, get this book.

Rediscovering Birth
Rediscovering Birth
by Sheila Kitzinger
Price: 17.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Food for thought!, 3 April 2001
This review is from: Rediscovering Birth (Hardcover)
Before reading this book, I had not even considered possibilities other than giving birth in a hospital- it has been so indoctrinated into me! Having discussed with my husband, we are both now very keen on having a home birth, the way we want it, not with lots of unnecessary medical interventions.
Contrary to what other reviewers have said, the book does not recommend 'third world' births for everyone- it just says that in low risk pregnancies you are actually safer at home as there is less chance of infection.
Read this book- even if you aren't pregnant!