Profile for JJ > Reviews

Photoshop CC Digital Classroom
by Jennifer Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars A worthwhile buy for those keen to learn, 29 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am a frequent Photoshop user and have recently switched to Photoshop CC, the subscription service. Thus far I have found Photoshop CC to be an improvement on its predecessor. However, with all new incarnations one needs help utilising the new features to full potential. I have used the digital classroom books in the past and found their tutorial style easy to read and put into practice. This book is just as well laid out. Lessons and exercises are well set out and screenshots help you along the way and enhanced by tutorials on the DVD.
A very useful book.

Pinzon Luxury Banded Bath Mat Platinum
Pinzon Luxury Banded Bath Mat Platinum

5.0 out of 5 stars Good sized bath mat, 29 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a great bath mat and of a decent size too. It has a tight weave which seems to help in absorbing water without leaving you standing in a puddle.
It looks stylish, washes well and you can tumble dry it. I am very happy with this.

Leifheit 72567 AirSteam Premium Large Lightweight Deluxe Ironing Board for Steam Generator Irons, Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Big board for your steam generator irons, 26 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Do note the word 'large' in the name of this ironing board, because they tell no lies by using it.
This was made for steam generator irons as there is a big sole plate that easily takes the base steam generator. The surface area for ironing on is, correspondingly, wider than average. This is no bad thing, in fact a bit of a boon if, like me, you have lots of bed linen to iron.
For a big board it's quite light made with a heatproof plastic. Good height adjustment should please everyone.
My only concern is the arm for putting the steam cable through. If I put the cable through this and then take the iron to the end of the board to say, iron a shirt's shoulder, it just pulls the arm flat down so you'd then have to put it back up again afterwards. I was checking other folks reviews in case I was doing something wrong. Someone mentions it locks into place. Mine clicks into place but will happily click out again. The picture on the cover is no help. They don't even have the base of the generator on the board so where the steam lead is coming from is a mystery. If anyone reading this thinks I'm doing something wrong here please leave a comment.
The cover is nicely padded for a better ironing experience (if that isn't a contradiction in terms) and has perforations for steam to move around.
Leifheit always make good quality products so I am more than happy with this, if I could understand the steam lead arm I'd be ecstatic.

OK, I am ecstatic now. To secure the telescopic arm the plastic end attached to the base needs pushed right down into the groove it sits in. Now it is secure and as it has a coil end it bends and then goes back to upright as you iron. Clever, that.

Murder Rooms - The White Knight Stratagem - The Inspiration behind Sherlock Holmes [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ian Richardson

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Dr Bell story, 25 Sep 2014
Another great Dr Bell story. Ian Richardson steals each scene but Rik Mayal is very good too. A great series, shame there are so few of them.

Romika-Casual Shoes Melissa Women-38-Olive Green
Romika-Casual Shoes Melissa Women-38-Olive Green
Offered by SHOETIQUE

5.0 out of 5 stars Immediately comfortable, 25 Sep 2014
Very impressed with the shoes. Nice colour and design and very comfortable to wear. The strap has a Velcro closing so you can get the tightness you want. Definitely would buy Romika again. Size was just right.

Ultrasport Marla Women's Microfleece Jacket - M, Black
Ultrasport Marla Women's Microfleece Jacket - M, Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Be wary of the sizing., 25 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Being a size 14 I felt sure medium would be fine for me, how wrong I was. With only a t shirt on underneath this still looked like it would not zip up and though it did it was a bit like what I think you'd feel if you wore a corset. I think it was made for a 10 or possibly 12. It is of a fitted cut.
Had it fitted, this would have been a cosy thing to wear on colder days. You don't have to close the large neck collar but it would save on a scarf. Then the cuffs go down the hand giving you a thumb hole. There are two outer zip pockets which are not particularly deep.
Nothing fancy about the design. Shame about the sizing.

Just to say my daughter who is a size 12, tried this on and liked the fit, so, perhaps for medium read size 12.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 26, 2014 5:36 PM BST

Soehnle 63350 Pharo 200 BMI 8 Person Recognition Analyser Scale
Soehnle 63350 Pharo 200 BMI 8 Person Recognition Analyser Scale

3.0 out of 5 stars good big scales but having issues, 25 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are, as advertised, large scales. They take three triple A batteries which are supplied. You place it on a table top or somesuch, to input your data, then ideally, stand on them (don't be reckless and get up on the table, put the scales on the floor, much easier. A hard floor not a carpeted floor is essential apparently). It helps if you have done all this with no clothes on, for a best accurate weigh in, and do take your socks off too, bare feet are essential for reading BMIs etc.
There is a little press-in bar at the back where you can change the reading to pounds and stones (imperial) or stay metric but know your height in centimetres. You only need to input what number person you are, there can be up to eight, your height, age and sex.
I found it would not give me any other reading except weight to begin with and I had to input my info twice, then I got a full reading. Stepped on the scales a few days later and again only gave me my weight. Checking the booklet it says if H appears on the read-out it could be your feet are too dry, so dampen the soles of your feet. I haven't tried this wheeze yet.
(My husband also had to input his info twice.)
Apparently it will now know me each time I stand on the scales. You don't have to switch it off or on just stand on wait for your info and then get off.
The instructions are a bit basic but there is not that much info to input.
The scales also have a larger than normal footplate.

The Labrador Theory
The Labrador Theory
by Cheever Hardwick

4.0 out of 5 stars For the Labrador owners......and other dog lovers., 21 Sep 2014
This review is from: The Labrador Theory (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you're a Labrador owning family this book would make a super stocking filler, or extra wee gift.
Cheever Hardwick likens the dog to its master and vice versa. The ties, he is sure, go back to early cave man. So he gives us Labridoribus Horizontalibus and his best pal Labridoribus Verticalus. By weaving through the stages of man and dog he comes up with more examples of how closely they are tied together.
There are super cartoons by Alasdair Hilleary to complement the book, making it delightful to flick through.
It is a hardback book with an attractive cartoon cover. It is a very quick read but, as a Labrador owning person myself, you can see it is uncommonly accurate.

Webbox Chicken Fillets, 100 g, Pack of 15
Webbox Chicken Fillets, 100 g, Pack of 15

4.0 out of 5 stars Tasty little treat, 18 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Review by Bonnie, an elderly chocolate Labrador. I was given one of these chicken fillets today instead of my usual Dentastix. What a treat! Being of a generally hungry, if not famished, disposition, I had to grab this quickly to forestall a change of mind. After a couple of chews it was gone leaving me longing for another, which my heartless owner refused to give me, even though I did the thing with the eyes that usually works. I'm afraid it lost a star just because my Dentastix give me a longer chew, but otherwise I was very impressed. Note to manufacturer, could you make them bigger I believe you can get some really big turkeys nowadays!!!

The Fourth Crow (Gil Cunningham Murder Myst 10)
The Fourth Crow (Gil Cunningham Murder Myst 10)

5.0 out of 5 stars Kale must be good for the brain, 13 Sep 2014
A woman is tied to the cross outside St Mungos church to cure her of her madness and melancholy. In the morning she is found dead, beaten to death and strangled. Gil Cunningham has to work his way around the lies, red herrings and several other deaths to unravel it all.
Helped as always by his clever wife Alys, his good father Pierre, his assistant Lowrie and his dog, Socrates this is another great Pat McIntosh book. Peopled with interesting characters and set out with a good sense of the times. Who knew we ate so much kale in those days?
I very much enjoy this series and this book is a great addition. Ready for the next one now, The King's Corrodian.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20