Profile for JJ > Reviews

nature pure Potent Raspberry Ketone
Price: 14.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't stick with it, 10 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I tried these for over a week but then gave up. The main reason was they gave me a feeling of heartburn and when I looked up info on Raspberry Ketones I find that their has been no study (on humans) done for these tablets, so that was not very reassuring. My friend also tried them and felt (after only doing it for a couple of days) quite flatulent (to be polite!!!).
The other problem was when you take them. I have to get up pretty early for my job but it is recommended you take these 20 minutes before eating breakfast and 20 minutes before tea. This was a bind and I forgot once or twice and took them 10 minutes before (that was as long as I could wait). Who knows what difference, if any, that made.
Whether these work for you or not (and I notice some helpful, if negative reviews have come in for the popular Unhelpful button) it is surely worrying that there has been no study into side effects.
You pays your money and you takes your choice. Some people seem to have found them helpful. But be aware of stated side effects from some of the other reviewers.

Haggard Hawk (Nathan Hawk Mystery)
Haggard Hawk (Nathan Hawk Mystery)
Price: 2.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 22 Jun 2014
I think I was surprised how much I enjoyed this, I don't know why.
I thought the characters were very well-drawn and I took I great liking to the hero and the smart (intelligent) woman who takes his fancy.
He is an ex policeman and reluctantly gets involved in trying to find the perpetrator of a nasty murder in his adopted village, where all is not quite as it seems (but is it ever?)
I will definitely get the next.

Pegasus Health Salmon Oil for dogs 1 Litre
Pegasus Health Salmon Oil for dogs 1 Litre
Price: 18.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Bonnie thinks its tasty, 22 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My old chocolate Labrador has stiff and aching joints but has other problems with her legs too. So though she enjoys the taste and I'm happy to give it to her (as I feel it must do some good) I think her problems are more than just arthritic joints.
So we gave it four stars as she feels it gives her dry food a better taste and maybe it is helping with the old heart and the coat seems a bit better. It is easy to dispense and you can easily see how much would suit your dog and it certainly lasts, which is good considering the price.
You do what you can for your old pals, stiff of leg and grey of face cos, after all, they are still your best buddy.

Scholl New Massage Fitness Sandal Navy Blue Size 5
Scholl New Massage Fitness Sandal Navy Blue Size 5

4.0 out of 5 stars So far with socks!, 6 Jun 2014
I suffer from plantar fasciitis and sometimes my foot is painful and my heal can feel numb, so I bought these as they were supposed to help with the condition and massage your feet as you walk.
You are of course walking on little rubber/plastic nodules and I have not yet managed to walk for long without the aid of a safety net - in the form of a pair of socks. However, I do find they bring some relief and are not too bad for going about in, around the house.
If you suffer from foot pain these may help even if you break yourself in gently.

KJV Study Bible Handy Size pink (King James Bible)
KJV Study Bible Handy Size pink (King James Bible)
by Barbour Publishing Inc
Edition: Imitation Leather
Price: 15.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Eyecatching, 6 Jun 2014
This is a lovely edition of the KJV Bible. Nice cover with a soft leather feel to it. The pages are of a thinner material just like old Bibles used to be. Some may find this too delicate but I love it. It also means that the Bible is kept compact in size. The pages are gilt-edged and there is an integral page marker. There are old maps at the back and a place for a dedication at the front. In fact just like my old school Bible.
The study notes at the bottom of pages are a welcome help and the English language in the KJV makes for quite poetic reading at times.
It would fit into a handbag and would make a lovely present.

DISH DRAINER WITH DRAINER TRAY PLASTIC GREY SINK PLATE RACK -Grey / SLIVER
DISH DRAINER WITH DRAINER TRAY PLASTIC GREY SINK PLATE RACK -Grey / SLIVER
Offered by Funky Gadgets
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy, 6 Jun 2014
We don't have much draining board space so this is great as it comes with a base tray that just clips on, keeping all the water droplets off the work surface and ready to just tip into the sink.
Very pleased with this.

Edwin Jagger Super Badger Hair Shaving Brush and Stand
Edwin Jagger Super Badger Hair Shaving Brush and Stand
Price: 32.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Way better than it initially looks, 6 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
When my husband opened this he was not so impressed with the look of it. It is supposed to look like an ivory handled brush. However, he felt it looked a bit plastic-y. This is understandable - it is. He thought the hanging base was a bit flimsy feeling too. Some folk just seem hard to please.
However.......on using it, he has changed his mind completely. He thinks it is a super brush, lathers well and feels glorious on the skin. He cant praise it enough. So there you go. Looks can be deceptive.
The stand has one of those sticky pads to use against a bathroom tile, that way it does not wander about as you try to put the brush back or take it out. The brush head hanging upside down must also be more hygienic; his last one stood upright on the handle.
Yes it is more expensive, so much more of a gift buy, but with the praise heaped on this it is obviously worth the effort (if he is).

Brabantia Pull-Out Indoor Airer - White
Brabantia Pull-Out Indoor Airer - White
Price: 19.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 15 May 2014
I do not have outside drying space but this has proved a very handy substitute. I use it indoors in the area where our boiler is and it is as good as a clothes line. 5 ropes and a good length and very easy to install.

Theft of Life (Crowther & Westerman 5)
Theft of Life (Crowther & Westerman 5)
by Imogen Robertson
Price: 9.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Another enjoyable read, 15 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I think I have read all of Imogen Robertson's books and am always eager to read her next offering, she is a great storyteller.
She has come back to Harriet Westerman and Gabriel Crowther for this story of horrible murders in London and the nastiness of slavery.
The first death is that of a once-respected plantation and slave owner who, before his death, had been overcome by the awfulness of it all. Then a second, seemingly unconnected, murder takes place.
Crowther and in particularly, Harriet, are called upon to resolve the murders and avert any further bad feeeling, that could have repercussions in the world of commerce in London.
I love the dynamic between Harriet and Crowther. Crowther is a reclusive anatomist who has been brought out of his solitary life by the effervescent and intelligent Harriet. For Harriet, Crowther has shown her just how capable and intelligent she is and how she can overcome societies need to see women quietly married and out of the way. A perfect coupling.
The book weaves several strands which you know will come together in the end as Robertson has does this so well in her other novels. A super read.

The Mangle Street Murders (The Gower Street Detective Series 1)
The Mangle Street Murders (The Gower Street Detective Series 1)
Price: 3.65

4.0 out of 5 stars I'd read the next, 26 April 2014
An interesting take on the detective novel. Our detective,Sydney Grice, one-eyed, bad-tempered, full of his own self-importance and taken to drinking copious amounts of tea is asked to save a man from the hangman's noose. He is accused of killing his wife. The woman who wants to prove his innocence is his own mother-in-law.
Grice, a personal detective, is loathe to do this but his just arrived ward and god daughter, March Middleton, a very astute and strong-willed young woman, promises to pay him herself.
Grice takes on the case and as he uncovers evidence to support his belief, March is right there uncovering things he has not bothered looking into. They rub each other up the wrong way continually. He is pompous and a bit big-headed, she is just as stubborn and very independent minded.
The book does not shy away from the gruesome or the grizzly and the two characters are equally exasperating and interesting.
To add to the investigation there are snippets of a back story to March's previous life which, is obviously going to build as the books progress, I hope. There are good twists and turns leading you off down dead ends then sending you off somewhere else entirely.
I look forward to the next one.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20