Profile for JJ > Reviews

Content by JJ

JJ (Scotland)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Spontex Disposable Dusters (Pack of 12, total 84 Dusters)
Spontex Disposable Dusters (Pack of 12, total 84 Dusters)

4.0 out of 5 stars A must to bust that dust.......I trust!!!, 26 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you sometimes feel, when dusting, that all you are really doing is moving the dust to other areas or,if you use a household polish, that streaks seem to be left on your furniture, then I think these may be a handy solution.
It certainly picks up dust and holds it as it shows all too well on the white cloth.
I agree with other reviewers who have said to keep a pack in every room and in the car too for those times you suddenly see that dust building up. (Don't use it on glass tops or mirrors.)
A handy disposable product.

Vidal Sassoon Salonist, Light Neutral Blonde Number 9/0
Vidal Sassoon Salonist, Light Neutral Blonde Number 9/0

4.0 out of 5 stars To dye for .......sorry:(, 19 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Pleased with this. Followed the instructions step by step. Did the patch test etc. A bit more fiddly to use than my usual L'Oreal brand (which is also cheaper), helps if you have someone to help with the process.
Happy with the colour and the conditioner makes your hair lovely and silky but so did the L'Oreal one.
If you feel that you want to spend a bit more time, and money, getting roots sorted this may be what you want. Loses a star for being more 'labour intensive' than other hair colourants I've used.

Aussie Shower Gel Body Wash No Rush 250 ml - Pack of 6
Aussie Shower Gel Body Wash No Rush 250 ml - Pack of 6

3.0 out of 5 stars SLS but not parabens, 11 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It's a shower gel and really I don't think it is that much to write home about.
It comes in the same 250ml bottle as their shampoos so it is quite neat for packing.
'No Rush' is an interesting purple creamy gel, it smells quite nice, not overpowering and doesn't linger.
Sad to see that it contains SLS, which is one of the reasons it lathers well. No parabens though, as far as I can make out.
Not sure I can come up with a reason to buy this over your usual Radox or Imperial Leathers.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 19, 2015 10:53 AM GMT

Seagate STDZ500400 500 GB 2.5-Inch Seven USB 3.0 External Hard Drive
Seagate STDZ500400 500 GB 2.5-Inch Seven USB 3.0 External Hard Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Slim hard drive, 10 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The hard drive plugs directly into your device, is powered by your device, so no external power plug. However it is incredibly slim for a external hard drive and will easily tuck behind any device neatly. It's built robustly too including the thick cable. Much like every USB stick it's a plug and play device. There is an install feature on the hard drive which allows you to download a quick start desktop icon. It's not necessary however. 500 GB makes this suitable for just about anything (music, movies, photos, games). Recommended for its slim, robust build.

Revlon ColorStay Moisture Stain - Parisian Passion
Revlon ColorStay Moisture Stain - Parisian Passion

4.0 out of 5 stars Revlon lip stain revelation, 10 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a neat lipstick-sized lip stain. Parisienne Passion is a dark berry colour but there are loads of others to choose from.
The applicator is sponge-like. When you twist off the top and remove it, it looks overloaded but actually goes on well. It feels moist but not sticky.
Don't mistake this for a lipstick, it is what it says it is, a stain. I put it on in the evening, the colour lasted all night through eating and drinking and didn't really come off when I removed my make-up. It did look paler but it was still there. However, you couldn't see it in the morning.
I felt I could have used some gloss on top as the evening wore on and will carry some in future. The main thing was the lip colour stayed, which is what I mostly hoped for.
I be happy to buy a lighter shade in this make.

RESEED Ginkgo and Sabal fortifying Shampoo for Women 250 ml
RESEED Ginkgo and Sabal fortifying Shampoo for Women 250 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Might well be worth persevering with, 6 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is one of those things that you occasionally get on Vine. The ones that say things like, 'after twelve weeks of use 80% of women noticed a difference using the Reseed products'. With four weeks to review and most people, myself included, wanting reviews out of the way before that deadline comes round, you cannot give the fullest response.
So far I have found this shampoo to lather well using a relatively small amount. It smells nice too and the list of decent ingredients means you are not worried about overloading your hair with nasty greasy stuff. My hair felt as if it was being pampered while lathering which I like.
As others have stated there is a conditioner and supplements to go with this regime but all we can report on is the shampoo.
As I have got older my hair which was never thick, has got thinner. Ah the joys of ageing, I could bore you to death with other joys but that would be unfair.
My hair felt nice, soft and manageable but at present I do not feel any thickness there may be is noticeable. Probably needs more time and more products from the range.
It's quite dear but lasts well.

Vanish Gold for Whites Oxi Action Stain Remover Powder 1.41 kg
Vanish Gold for Whites Oxi Action Stain Remover Powder 1.41 kg

4.0 out of 5 stars Brightens up your whites, 28 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Vanish stain removers are usually pretty good, so I'm happy to try this one out. I can't use biological powder and find that non-bio does not always lift some stubborn stains. So for coloured washes I use the pink tub of Vanish, this I have used solely on whites.
So far I have had no major stains to tackle but the whites I have used it on do look the better for it.
It's handy to know that you can make up a gel with this powder to rub onto stubborn stains as a pre treatment (be careful not to store any gel left over), you can put a scoop in with your detergent or add it to a basin of water to soak stained clothes for up to 6 hours.

Revlon PhotoReady Cream Blush - 12.4 g, Charmed
Revlon PhotoReady Cream Blush - 12.4 g, Charmed

3.0 out of 5 stars I blush to admit, it's not for me, 28 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
On the whole I prefer a powder blusher. I find with this blusher it is hard to get it swept on without looking a bit clown-like. Of course, I have also got the wrong colour, it is redder than I expected.
According to various sites cream blusher is not for those with a tad more mature skin as it can go a bit patchy if you skin is dry. That'll be me.
So I'll stick to powders where I know what I'm doing.

The Perfectionist
The Perfectionist
Offered by Not2day Media

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you Len., 26 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Perfectionist (Audio CD)
Saw Len Goodman doing a TV programme about swing. I had never been interested or even knew much about it till then. But I found the music in the programme worth more than one listen. Len talked about various band leaders including Heath. I'd heard of Ted Heath but never heard anything by him so I bought this.
I'm very impressed. This type of music is enjoyable, upbeat, happy and big band dance music.

Murder Will Out
Murder Will Out

4.0 out of 5 stars One for Agatha's fans, 26 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Murder Will Out (Kindle Edition)
An enjoyable book that features a murder at the vicarage in a small English village. This may sound a familiar premise and to add to that feeling is the fact that a published crime novelist is dragged into the affair by a neighbour who feels she'll get it sorted in no time. The authors' name is Agatha Christie who (with her rather unfeeling husband Archie) is a relatively newcomer to the area and had hoped for peace and quiet to try to finish her next book.
It is an interesting idea and is a quick pleasant read with a few more murders and the local 'madwoman' being accused before Agatha, reluctantly takes control and gets to the bottom of things.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20