Profile for JJ > Reviews

Vanish Gold for Whites Oxi Action Stain Remover Powder 1.41 kg
Vanish Gold for Whites Oxi Action Stain Remover Powder 1.41 kg

4.0 out of 5 stars Brightens up your whites, 28 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Vanish stain removers are usually pretty good, so I'm happy to try this one out. I can't use biological powder and find that non-bio does not always lift some stubborn stains. So for coloured washes I use the pink tub of Vanish, this I have used solely on whites.
So far I have had no major stains to tackle but the whites I have used it on do look the better for it.
It's handy to know that you can make up a gel with this powder to rub onto stubborn stains as a pre treatment (be careful not to store any gel left over), you can put a scoop in with your detergent or add it to a basin of water to soak stained clothes for up to 6 hours.

Revlon PhotoReady Cream Blush -12.4 g
Revlon PhotoReady Cream Blush -12.4 g

3.0 out of 5 stars I blush to admit, it's not for me, 28 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
On the whole I prefer a powder blusher. I find with this blusher it is hard to get it swept on without looking a bit clown-like. Of course, I have also got the wrong colour, it is redder than I expected.
According to various sites cream blusher is not for those with a tad more mature skin as it can go a bit patchy if you skin is dry. That'll be me.
So I'll stick to powders where I know what I'm doing.

The Perfectionist
The Perfectionist
Offered by Not2day Media

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you Len., 26 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Perfectionist (Audio CD)
Saw Len Goodman doing a TV programme about swing. I had never been interested or even knew much about it till then. But I found the music in the programme worth more than one listen. Len talked about various band leaders including Heath. I'd heard of Ted Heath but never heard anything by him so I bought this.
I'm very impressed. This type of music is enjoyable, upbeat, happy and big band dance music.

Murder Will Out
Murder Will Out

4.0 out of 5 stars One for Agatha's fans, 26 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Murder Will Out (Kindle Edition)
An enjoyable book that features a murder at the vicarage in a small English village. This may sound a familiar premise and to add to that feeling is the fact that a published crime novelist is dragged into the affair by a neighbour who feels she'll get it sorted in no time. The authors' name is Agatha Christie who (with her rather unfeeling husband Archie) is a relatively newcomer to the area and had hoped for peace and quiet to try to finish her next book.
It is an interesting idea and is a quick pleasant read with a few more murders and the local 'madwoman' being accused before Agatha, reluctantly takes control and gets to the bottom of things.

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick, Pink In The Afternoon 4.2 g
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick, Pink In The Afternoon 4.2 g

4.0 out of 5 stars Subtle daytime shade, 26 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a soft, pale pink lipstick. Quite a neutral daytime shade, you would not feel over made up with this. Feels nice on and not drying. It's staying power is pretty average so I would definitely carry it with me to reapply.
I don't usually use Revlon but I like this lipstick.

Soft'n Style Travel Bottle Set 100 ml
Soft'n Style Travel Bottle Set 100 ml
Offered by Health and Beauty Emporium

3.0 out of 5 stars Little bottles, 25 Jan. 2015
I found these a bit to hard for squeezing. Ok if the liquid is runny but you wouldn't want it to be too thick. Handy though.

Pride and Prejudice
Pride and Prejudice

5.0 out of 5 stars Re-read a classic, 25 Jan. 2015
I forgot how brilliant this story is. Everyone knows it, from various adaptations but the book is always worth going back to. A super love story, with great characters. It made me cry.

The King's Corrodian (A Gil Cunningham Murder Mystery Book 10)
The King's Corrodian (A Gil Cunningham Murder Mystery Book 10)

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes I had to look up what a Corrodian was., 25 Jan. 2015
Another superb story from Pat McIntosh featuring Gil and Alys. This time taken off to Perth to investigate a death in a monastery. Word has got about that the victim, in a locked room scenario, was seen being stolen away by the devil. Gil has to sort through the scaremongering and superstition to find out what happened. More murders occur before he does and Alys, as usual, works out a vital clue, in her own inimitable way. She also hears some startling news from a woman 'who hears voices'.
I really enjoy this series of books and eagerly await the next.

Finish All in One Max Original Dishwasher Tablets (Pack of 74)
Finish All in One Max Original Dishwasher Tablets (Pack of 74)

5.0 out of 5 stars Shines and Protects, 25 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Finish is a reliable and often recommended product so I was very happy to get pack of dishwasher tablets.
And it has everything and more, that you could ask for in a cleaning tablet. This one states it has superb cleaning + glass protection. This will protect glasses against that milky corrosion that often appears (make sure any glass for washing state they are suitable for the dishwasher).
You don't have to unwrap the tablet, just put it in the dispenser. I like those kind of tablets, so easy. It says you should put the tablet on the floor of the dishwasher by the filter if you're doing a short cycle.
They contain the salt and rinse aid you need but, for myself, I always have that in the machine anyway.
A typically impressive Finish product.

Kong Boysenberry Zoomgroom
Kong Boysenberry Zoomgroom

5.0 out of 5 stars Kind to old dogs, 23 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Kong Boysenberry Zoomgroom (Misc.)
I bought this to use on my old Labrador. She has arthritis in her legs and spine but she found this, with its rubbery softness quite bearable and I'm sure she enjoyed it. She has never been one to stand still for long for grooming and I'm glad I found something gentle.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20