Profile for boxer from the return > Reviews

Content by boxer from the...

boxer from the return

Page: 1 | 2
Am-Tech 10W Glue Gun
Am-Tech 10W Glue Gun

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, a bit leaky, short cable, no glue. It works tho. Awesome., 8 May 2016
This review is from: Am-Tech 10W Glue Gun (DIY & Tools)
It clearly says on the ad that two glue sticks are included. The gun is pictured in the with ad with a stand and two glue sticks. On the packaging it came in, it says that two glue sticks are included.
Mine didn't come with any glue sticks. Ha ha!!

BenQ RL2455HM LED 24 inch W Gaming Monitor (1920 x 1080, 1000:1, 12M:1, 1 ms GTG, DVI/HDMI) - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Benq RL2455HM - Good but surprisingly not the best for PS3/4, 15 Sept. 2015
I Wanted a good monitor for web browsing and ps3/4 gaming and my research led me into trying two cracking monitors from BenQ. this one: the RL2455HM and the EW2440L LED VA 24-inch Monitor (3000:1, 250 cd/m2, 1920 x 1080, 4 ms, 20M:1 VGA/HDMI/MHL)
The RL is actually Advertised as a "gaming" monitor, and it's really good, but I found that after much tinkering, the colours on this TN panel sadly couldn't compete with the similarly priced EW2440L LED VA panel.

I tried both and tinkered away with the settings until the cows came home, which was roughly a week later. Ultimately, the VA panel won on nearly all fronts and definitely looks the superior screen.
Yes, this set boasts 1ms response but I couldn't tell ANY difference between that and the 4ms on the EW / VA panel. This might be a factor when p.c. Gaming, but for PS3/4 or Xbox, it's not an issue.
Main differences / similarities I found between the two are:
Screen: The EW model has a much nicer looking ALMOST edge to edge display with a VERY slim bezel. This one has a chunkier look about it.
Connections: This has a DVI port plus 2 HDMI and includes a DVI cable. The EW has VGA, 1xHDMI and 1xHDMI /MHL for mobile phones, but no DVI. Included are the MHL and VGA cables. perhaps the RL wins this round?
Mountability: RL is wall mountable, and all input jacks face downwards on the rear. On the EW model, they point directly outwards at the back and there's no place to fit a bracket for wall mounting. Not an issue for me as it sits on a desk top, but could be a deal breaker for some.
Neither is height adjustable, but both tilt forwards and backwards a fair way.
Operational buttons: On the RL model they are located along the lower right hand SIDE edge of the screen. They're easy to spot and click when pressed.
On the EW, they're located along the lower right FRONT edge and are touch sensitive pads rather that buttons. i.e. They don't click when touched. They are hard to see when in dim light, but once you know where they are, you're hardly likely to forget.
Options / menus: Very similar actually. This one has several preset (adjustable) modes plus THREE 'gaming' modes. All of which you can Taylor to suit and save. The EW has the same numerous adjustable modes plus ONE extra 'user' mode. Again you can adjust and save all.
The EW has a series of low blue light options to reduce eye strain. However, this does detract from overall plushness of gaming images. Handy for web browsing and reading though. Both menus are pretty intuitive, up/down/select/back. Can't go wrong really.
Screen/ performance: However hard I tried, the colours simply are not as vibrant on the RL. The EW kicks its arse here. Blacks are darker too.
Speakers. They're both pretty poor. Useable? yes, but I'd strongly advise you get a set of speakers and plug them in the back.
Stand. Both nice looking, this one has a red strip and nice angled shape to set down and 'rest' your console controller on. The EW has a little centre flap that opens to sit your mobile phone in. (remember to check spec for phone compatibility)
Price: About 10 to 15 quid difference. Both excellent value at around £130 to £140.
Verdict: not much in it, but in my opinion its worth the extra for the excellent EW model.

And I suppose we didn't go to the moon, either?: The Beatles, the Holocaust, and other mass illusions (Save the World, Resist the Empire)
by Jim Fetzer

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE OR AVOID, 28 July 2015
This book sounded interesting, then I saw who wrote it.
"Former" military man = disinfo agent ? Maybe. Very likely I would say.
ALL of the subjects covered in this book deserve to be researched more thoroughly, and as luck would have it, they CAN BE researched without the aid of this book. You have the Internet at your fingertips and loads of other books out there dedicated to individual subjects so why waste your cash on this?

Ok I haven't read it, and no doubt it does contain some little nuggets of information relating to the cover-ups you already knew were cover ups. But is any of it new? Could you find it elsewhere with a few clicks of a mouse? Be aware that the author / editor of this this book may be falsely presenting himself as some saintly guy who just wants to 'get the truth out'. Will he be using this book as a way to bolster his "credentials" as an "expert" on matters such as these when, for example, attempting to sway opinion about the what, where and who on 911?

Again, just my opinion, but maybe he's not to be trusted. Proceed with caution...
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 5, 2016 12:23 PM GMT

Date and Day Display Casio Men's Diver Style Watch Water Resistant to 100m
Date and Day Display Casio Men's Diver Style Watch Water Resistant to 100m
Offered by choicefullbargain

1.0 out of 5 stars ONLY £72.99! I'll have 10 please., 27 July 2015
£14.99 in Argos.

Oh, about the rating I gave. At £14.99, it's four stars. No light, no alarm, no frills. just the time, the day and the date. Quite hardy, good solid performer with no airs and graces. Just a neat looking, reliable and dependable time piece. Not too small and not too big either.

At £72.99 however, even with free delivery it's a definite NIL stars. I only gave it one because you have to give something in order for the review to be submitted.
P.s. I was only joking about wanting 10 of them too. I already have two, thank you very much.
Comment Comment | Permalink

3/4" Brass Washing Machine Blanking Cap
3/4" Brass Washing Machine Blanking Cap
Offered by PlumbinBitsUK

5.0 out of 5 stars 3qtr" blanking cap., 25 July 2015
Just the job. Took seconds to fit. Good price and quick delivery. Can't fault anything.

Washing Machine Tap Cap Cover Blue Isolator Tap Handle Top Replacement Part - PACK of 2
Offered by Simple DIY

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacement washing machine tap cover, 25 July 2015
Perfect replacement tap cover. I assumed these were universal, but I see some people had to modify these to fit. Not in my case. Took seconds to fit and works a treat. Well priced and quickly delivered too.

Big Bargain New Super Strong Rare-Earth RE Magnets (10PCS 10mm x 1mm)
Big Bargain New Super Strong Rare-Earth RE Magnets (10PCS 10mm x 1mm)
Offered by Universal Color

4.0 out of 5 stars Very strong, but weak at the same time!, 22 Jun. 2015
These 10mm x 1mm rare earth magnets are tiny, but they're super- strong. On the downside, they're also very brittle.
Be careful when pulling them apart as they are liable to break if they snap back together.
I've already broken three or four of them doing this, so would probably go for something a bit thicker next time.
Awesome magnetic strength tho!

Urbanz CAZE - Small and Compact Protective Earphones Carry Storage Case (Blue)
Urbanz CAZE - Small and Compact Protective Earphones Carry Storage Case (Blue)
Offered by SORK-LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Good but small but..., 24 Dec. 2014
I wanted a little case for my earphones. I got it. This is actually smaller than I thought it might be, which is a good thing. It fits in my jeans pocket without making me look too weird. It's probably two thirds of a packet of polo's by two thirds of a packet of polo's in size.
Its capable of safely transporting my headphones (in ears buds) PLUS my iPod nano from place to place without causing unwarranted grief. gone are the days when I get all tangled up in headphone cable when rifling my pockets for sweets. There's probably enough room left in there to fit a couple of headphone adapters or something of similar size, maybe a couple of cadburys heroes or a packet of chuddy. Oh, it's got a little mesh screen on the inside of the lid like some suitcases have, which is handy for keeping yr ipod and phones separate. Or some emergency sweets in.
Maybe a bit pricey with the delivery charge, which is only free if you order 15 quids worth.
What? I'd have to buy FOUR of these to get free delivery. I got two, cos my wife would only steal mine if I didn't.
For any device bigger than iPod nano, forget it.

Eightball Headphones/ei8htball EX811 In-ear headphone
Eightball Headphones/ei8htball EX811 In-ear headphone

5.0 out of 5 stars Eightball EX811. Excellent Sound Quality earphones under 30 quid., 22 Dec. 2014
Look no further. I sent other in-ears back as I wasn't impressed by them.
I knew right away I was keeping these.
No little carry bag, no shirt clip. No bother, Still 5 stars.

SoundMAGIC ES20 In Ear Sound Isolating Earphones - Gunmetal
SoundMAGIC ES20 In Ear Sound Isolating Earphones - Gunmetal

3.0 out of 5 stars SoundMAGIC ES20 in ear noise isolating..., 19 Dec. 2014
For thirty quid or so, you get the earphones, a little carry bag, three sets of different sized buds and a cable clip for your shirt.

The cable doesn't tangle up much and is quick and easy to untangle when it does. It feels good quality, though I found it did transfer a fair amount of unwanted noise to the speakers when I moved around. The shirt clip helps.

The design is great. The speaker parts are angled so the buds fit into the cusp of your ear canal while looking nice and flat from outside the ear. The medium sized buds were the best fit of the three for me and felt pretty comfortable at first, although I did get sore ears after a few days use.

Sound-wise, these are just ok. I found them a little trebly with e.q. Set to 'off' (using them with an iPod nano). I tried all the various e.q. presets but none really did it for me. Same trebly sound when used through my stereo.

In the end, with the sore ears and slight trebly sound, i returned them. Thumbs up to amazon for the no quibble refund.

So, three or maybe four out of five, not bad for the the money I suppose. Great design, just lacking quality sound I thought. The thing about headphone reviews is you can never really say "these headphones will sound great to you", just as you can't really say "these glasses with make you see better" or "this hat is massive".
If you were after a pair of gloves and some reviewer said "these fit like a glove" would they be perfect for you? What if that reviewer was Jeremy beadle?

Similarly priced are the ei8htball EX811s . They feel much softer in the ear, they're comfortable for long periods and they sound amazing. (To me anyway)

I'd say the ES20s are worth a try, but it's the 8balls for me. They're near perfect. Even without the bag and the shirt clip.
I'm keeping them. I think you will too.

Page: 1 | 2