Profile for Neville Thong From Wollongong > Reviews

Content by Neville Thong ...

Neville Thong From Wollongong "TreeWorks London" (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
TOMTOM GO 400 EU
TOMTOM GO 400 EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Hey, it's actually pretty good, 23 Nov. 2015
This review is from: TOMTOM GO 400 EU (Electronics)
Okay.. had this about a year.

Very different to older system...go live 820. But, actually very good. You just need to get use to it I'm afraid.

The main thing is it is very good at avoiding traffic, comes up with some really sneaky routes (I'm London based)

Some really cool things went missing but are gradually coming back, that's good!

They are updating features all the time. Updating maps takes forever, sometimes doesn't work, just had to call tomtom as I had no maps (corrupted) on the 400 but they sorted it.

You get people moaning about little things that it doesn't do any more, but I think it's a better system.

What is a real pain is that this model does not have a built in sim, so you must link every time to a smart phone. Did I just moan about a little thing? Oh and also you have to use your finger rather than a pen to touch the screen. Opps sorry!

EasyAcc® 25 Watts 5V / 5A 5 Port USB Charger with 5-Foot Power Cord Multi Port USB Portable Charger battery Wall charger for iPhone, iPad, Samsung Tab, iPod, Smartphones, 5V Tablets, Bluetooth Speakers & Headset

Goodmans Freeview Twin Scart Digital Set Top Box with Automatic Set Up and Auto Retune (Old model)
Offered by ARP Trading

5.0 out of 5 stars it does what its meant to and pretty, 18 Aug. 2014
For the price... it does what its meant to and pretty well

Zoggs Phantom Elite - Mirror/Smoke
Zoggs Phantom Elite - Mirror/Smoke
Offered by Herbert Sports

1.0 out of 5 stars Good for around 10 minutes, 16 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Zoggs Phantom Elite (Sports)
Started misting up after around 10 minutes then I cleaned them with my fingers and they scratched and you still couldn't see out of them because they continued to mist up. Not worth sending back so I thought I would write a crappy review instead.

Canon EF 50 mm f/1.8 II Lens
Canon EF 50 mm f/1.8 II Lens

5.0 out of 5 stars A- cha!, 18 Oct. 2012
Little edit here.... This lens is for full frame EF canon cameras only... Not the cropped EF-S cameras eg anything below a 7d (I think)

Ahh... now I get it! The f1.8 takes the quality to a new level.

The only problem is now that all lower quality lens will be inferior, and lens' of this quality are £500+

Mountech MTD3255 1.6m Trolley Stand with Castors 2015 Model
Mountech MTD3255 1.6m Trolley Stand with Castors 2015 Model
Offered by The Plasma Centre

1.0 out of 5 stars It's not quite what it looks like, 26 Oct. 2011
Firstly, i must say I didn't read the description, and only looked at the picture. IT IS NOT CHROME, I only looked at the very bright metal on the picture, it is in fact a very dull silver almost grey.
They say 'very easy assembly', ummm no not really, just over an hour and a half.
The black bit that slides up and down the poles, which holds the t.v. has rust in it so has scratched the silver poles.
The base was a bit bashed in a couple of places nothing a black marker pen didn't sort out, and finally the rear of the poles have holes all along it to feed the wires though, which looks bad if you need to see this unit from the rear.

One plus, for me anyway, is that the final 12" at the top of the poles are an extra section that bolted on top, which I didn't need, so I could keep the poles a bit shorter.

It's a hefty bit of kit, but the quality control isn't there

TomTom GO LIVE 750 Sat Nav
TomTom GO LIVE 750 Sat Nav

4.0 out of 5 stars TomTom Live 750, 11 Jan. 2010
I think this is a really good product.. taken with a slight pinch of salt, which should be standard for any satnav.

The live service works with a sim that is in the phone. It is on the Vodaphone network. It works in the areas it says it does in Europe for the same price. It apparently works by monitoring where other TomTom live units and vodaphone phones are and works out how fast they are travelling, so I presume the more units the more information.

Live services are generally good, just knowing how long a traffic jam is, has changed my thoughts of "must find a different route" to well 10mins I can sit through it. Usually the traffic jam isn't there which is a bonus. I drive in London and it picks up all the jams. It can take me through from south east London to west London and the arrival timing is impeccable.

And think, one day when you hit a road/ motorway that is closed you're gonna thank that live service no end and blag to all your mates about how well it did.

Local google search is really cool. Just tap in the shop/ garage/ whatever name and it finds it then asks if you want to select it and hey presto your on your way. This also worked in France recently.

Some times it doesn't log onto to the live services, but will do within 5-10mins.

Did an eco route back from the alps the other day, not sure what that means, but it took us on a spectacular (yet really slow) route through mountains hugging switzerland and germany. I can't see how this was fuel efficient.

The routes taken by this TomTom are generally very good, but local knowledge always wins.

The new screen attachment was weird at first but good in hindsight.

Bluetooth is good with blackberry bold 9000. sound is very loud and clear.

Speed camera warnings are very good. But then I don't speed, yeah that's right.

The speedo on the TomTom is excellent, it gives you the speed limit, this was especially good in europe as the car I drove did not have kms on the speedo, so everything was on the TomTom. I always go by the speed on the TomTom as I think it is way more accurate than the car speedo.

Again this information is never 100% so keep you eyes peeled.

When inputting words the screen sometimes double clicks a word, so not as good as the older machines.

One thing i'm really missing on this TomTom is the little compass in the top corner :-(

I liked this machine so much that I am purchasing another one for my employees as I believe it will cut driving time enough to justify the expense of the subscription, which you can buy a year long package on here for 60 odd quid.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 15, 2011 6:15 PM BST

Panasonic KX-TCD 290  Cordless Phone
Panasonic KX-TCD 290 Cordless Phone

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 8 Dec. 2008
I have had this phone for a few years now. It is a really solid bit of kit and has that kind of retro chunky no messing around feel to it. Sounds are excellent. Thoroughly recommended!

Trailer Park Boys - Complete Seasons 1-6 Box Set [DVD]
Trailer Park Boys - Complete Seasons 1-6 Box Set [DVD]
Dvd ~ John Paul Tremblay

5.0 out of 5 stars Well I think it's really funny, 11 Nov. 2008
This is absolutely loads of really funny comedy. Might not be everyones taste. Check out wikipedia for a bigger synopsis. It's all unscripted, great character development. Finally available as a well priced box set (for what your getting)

Les Patterson Saves The World [1987] [DVD]
Les Patterson Saves The World [1987] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Barry Humphries
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Funniest film ever!, 9 May 2008
This is one of the funniest films ever. What more can I say, I've watched it loads. It is so full of one liners. Sir Les is just revolting. Just buy it and enjoy.

Page: 1 | 2