Profile for markimus > Reviews

Content by markimus

markimus

RayZor Pro Liteweight UV400 Black Sports Wrap Cycling Sunglasses, 1 Pce Clear Amber Anti-Glare Lens.
Offered by Sports Eyewear

1.0 out of 5 stars Fogs up every time you stop at lights, 30 Mar. 2014
These glasses may be ok for cycling in the summer but in damp weather they completely fog up every time I stop at traffic lights.

New Toilet Caddy toilet roll holder and magazine rack
New Toilet Caddy toilet roll holder and magazine rack
Offered by Online2Home

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish build quality, 30 Mar. 2014
The magazine rack snapped off within a couple of weeks and it was only holding a couple of magazines. The toilet roll holder has also become wonky. This caddy isn't very good as a magazine rack or a toilet roll holder.

1200g x 0.1g Weighing Scale
1200g x 0.1g Weighing Scale

3.0 out of 5 stars Good price but slow response, 30 Mar. 2014
These scales are ok for the price. My main grip is that after you load them it takes a while (around 2 seconds) for the digital readout to respond.

Abus Granit-54 X-Plus
Abus Granit-54 X-Plus
Price: £63.62 - £98.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent solid lock, 24 July 2013
This review is from: Abus Granit-54 X-Plus (Sports)
I bought this lock as an alternative to the Kryptonite New York. Both are very solid locks however the Abus Granit has a good bracket for securing the lock to the bike. The Krptonite has an absolutely rubbish bracket that leaves the lock dangling from the bike like a saggy testicle. The Abus also has an LED in the key which is a nice touch.

Kryptonite New York Standard NYL U Lock with Flexframe Bracket (3000) - Black/Yellow

2.0 out of 5 stars Yes the bracket is rubbish, 16 Feb. 2013
I agree with previous reviewers that this is a good solid lock. So far my bike hasn't been stolen and I live in a very high bike theft area.

But the bracket is absolute rubbish. The instructions are incomprehensible too. As an engineer I was quiet embarrassed that I had to ring up the Kryptonite service desk so that one of their technical people could talk me through the instructions.

After I had attached the bracket I thought to myself "that isn't going to be sturdy for very long". And I was right. Just 3 weeks later the bracket has slackened and now my lock dangles from my bike frame like a saggy testicle. It swings side to side and hits the insides of your legs as you pedal. It also rattles a lot.

I contacted Kryptonite to complain. They recommended a bracket that is mounted on the handle-bars. But the reviews for this bracket are equally poor.

So now I have just come to accept that I need to carry the lock in my bag....which is a bit of a pain.....I've already forgotten my lock a couple of times when I've headed out on my bike.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 24, 2014 6:06 PM BST