ARRAY(0xab9efcfc)

Profile for Jacko92 > Reviews

Content by Jacko92

Jacko92

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
LEGO Lord of the Rings (PS3)
LEGO Lord of the Rings (PS3)
Price: 14.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Another good Lego game!, 19 Jan 2013
I had my doubts when I first heard that video games were being made based on Lego, those doubts have well and truly been proved wrong as I have enjoyed both of the two I have played properly. This edition follows the plot-lines of the film trilogy rather than the books which I suppose was only to be expected. What is new and a good edition is that the cut-scenes use lines from the films as opposed to the mumbled noises they used to make in previous editions. There are a few moments where you should consider challenging but thats not really the purpose of the game to be difficult. What is always good in a Lego game is that there is always stuff to back and do in free-play in the levels or even roaming around the world-map (another good addition from the last Lego game I played, not sure if this has been included in any others). It is impossible to complete the game in one quick swoop as there is always stuff during levels that you need a different character or item in order to do e.g Mithril weaponry.
Thoroughly enjoyed this game so far and would definitely recommend.

Electronic Earth [Explicit]
Electronic Earth [Explicit]
Price: 5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong album from Labrinth, 5 Jan 2013
I'd only heard Labrinth featuring alongside Tinie Tempah in 'Frisky' a song he had also produced. Also had seen him on Never Mind the Buzzcocks on the BBC and he seemed like a good bloke and so when I saw this album I thought I'd give it a go and boy, was I not disappointed with my choice.
This is a great album with not a single track of the 10 that I didn't like, there are a few really strong tracks on there 'Earthquake', 'Last Time' and 'Express Yourself' my personal favourites but the other 7 are really strong as well in my book and I would fully recommend this album to any who are interested in buying it.

Chelsea 1970 FA Cup Winners Men's Football Shirt - Royal, Large
Chelsea 1970 FA Cup Winners Men's Football Shirt - Royal, Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Chelsea Kit, 27 Dec 2012
The shirt looks great and as my dad (for whom it was bought for Christmas) said 'it's when football shirts were proper shirts'. The shirt is thicker than the shirts wear now as it is made from 100% cotton Polyester and I've been told feels good when being worn. Would definitely recommend this shirt especially if you have any Leeds friends who remember the final!!

Keep Calm And Curry On - Indian Takeaway Funny Father's Day Gift Christmas Present Dad's Birthday - T-Shirt, Mens, Navy, Small
Offered by Click My Clobber
Price: 9.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Curry T-Shirt, 27 Dec 2012
Bought it as a Christmas present for my brother rather than as a Father's day gift. Good t-shirt and was well received, nicely made. Ideal shirt to wear if your making a curry.

It's My Life
It's My Life
Price: 0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great tune, 16 Dec 2012
This review is from: It's My Life (MP3 Download)
This is a very good song from an artist that is not amongst my favourites but has created something good here. It starts well and keeps you hooked throughout the song and I find it a very good song at the gym as I think it is quite motivational. It was a song that I'd recognise as soon as I heard it and one of those songs you like without actually owning it, so I bought it and it's regularly listened to, great tune.

Brave Soul Freuda Men's Shirt White Small
Brave Soul Freuda Men's Shirt White Small

4.0 out of 5 stars Good shirt, 16 Dec 2012
This is a good quality shirt, well made and looks nice. Feels good to wear and is in the smart casual area as far as I'm concerned and so is fine as a day-to-day shirt.

Hornblower  - The Complete Collection [DVD]
Hornblower - The Complete Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ioan Gruffudd
Offered by Game Trade Online
Price: 18.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality drama, 7 Dec 2012
For me this is a cracking series with not a single weak episode. There are strong plot-lines throughout and a great cast who perform their roles believably. Also the cast is well rotated with fresh faces in every episode so that it does not got bogged down with the same people doing the same things. This is simply put is quality television.

Two and a Half Men - Season 8 [DVD] [2011]
Two and a Half Men - Season 8 [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Charlie Sheen
Price: 8.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Still worth watching, 20 Nov 2012
You can easily tell that Charlie Sheen was having problems during the filming of this series particularly in the early stages where he looks awful and I'm surprised they even started filming with him looking like he does.
I still enjoy the series on the whole nevertheless despite Alan getting almost annoying with how cheap he becomes, earlier in the show it was funny but it becomes a little bit of a drag at times.
There is still plenty to enjoy in this series and the majority of the episodes are worthy additions to the series, just a shame they didn't know how it it would all end with Sheen and have a proper end for Charlie instead of the pathetic 'he fell under a train' death they use in the next series.
Given 4 stars because I like it but cannot love it like some of the earlier series.

Two and a Half Men - Season 9 [DVD] [2012]
Two and a Half Men - Season 9 [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Jon Cryer
Price: 9.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as it was but still worth watching, 16 Sep 2012
I was disappointed when Charlie Sheen was fired but I gave the show a chance and I rather enjoyed it. I agree that like with Scrubs they should have quit after 8 series, Two and Half men when Sheen was fired and Scrubs because half the main cast had quit or had heavily reduced roles. But in both cases the resulting ninth series were not as bad as people made out in my opinion and they have commissioned a tenth series of Two and a Half men so the audience must still be there because I thought the US networks were very ruthless in cancelling shows when they didn't get an audience because they all rely so heavily on advertising.

I enjoyed this show on the whole with a few things that bug me. As a Brit I hate the posh British stereotype which is so outdated and unfunny to me that it almost put me off and I would have given this three and a half stars if I could and I don't get why the actress playing Zoey would degrade herself into playing this role even though she is a member of the royal family in real life. Alan I also agree with some people in that he is becoming to pathetic, cheap and moochy etc and can at times be slightly annoying to watch. Apart from that and the start of the first episode having a dig at Sheen this was a decent enough series and most of the episodes are good.

This is not as good as it was and as I mentioned I would have given it three and half stars if I could because its better than OK and better than I expected but there a little things throughout that prevent me from loving it.

Football Manager 2012 (PC/Mac DVD)
Football Manager 2012 (PC/Mac DVD)
Offered by The GameMonkey
Price: 2.97

4.0 out of 5 stars My First Football Manager Experience, 15 Mar 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This is the first time I have owned a Football Manager game or any football management game. If your in the same shoes then its quite complicated it seems at first and took me a few days to begin to understand what I was doing and to start enjoying it but once you do its very good.

The first thing that impressed me is the wide range of teams you can manage from the top European leagues you'd expect down to the Blue Square Premier North/South (Level 6) on the English football pyramid, Brazilian football (3 levels), Chinese (2 levels I think), South Africa and Belarus to name just a few.

What is also good is how you can simply the game down to suit your needs, you can delegate tasks such as managing the reserve and under 18's teams, negotiating contracts and even team talks and press conferences (although I always do both of these), this allows you to grow into the game and gradually take on more personally within the team as you grow in confidence or it simply means that you concentrate more on the matches than the back-room aspects of management.

The games themselves are pretty good, the graphics may seem quite poor and kind of old looking at first but then that could be simply because of the size of the game and to put high quality graphics would make it too much to handle for many systems and if you just want the football side then you'd most likely buy FIFA or Pro Evo. In the game you give your players instructions, change strategy e.g Defensive, Standard and Attacking with a couple of variants of these and you can even create and customise shouts (but I haven't done this yet so can't go into any detail and of course substitutions etc. The football itself is also very decent with only the odd mistake leaving you think that someone would never do that in real life ever (I had my defender just slow down running after a long ball and just letting the attacker get ahead of him 30 years out and slot past the goalkeeper with no sign of an injury for the defender).

Overall I'd definitely recommend this game and there are just a few little things that have stopped making this 5 star in my eyes.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4