Profile for D A B > Reviews

Mission Europe
Mission Europe
Price: 1.88

4.0 out of 5 stars Mission Europe by Graham Wakefield, 12 April 2014
This review is from: Mission Europe (Kindle Edition)
This is the last book in the Jack Travis trilogy. I read them all and as my reviews of the others I enjoyed the twists and turns. I hope that Graham will consider writing more jack Travis yarns. Great reads.

Operation Kuwait
Operation Kuwait
Price: 1.88

4.0 out of 5 stars Assignment Kuwait, 16 Jan 2014
This review is from: Operation Kuwait (Kindle Edition)
Leading on from the first book in this trilogy, (Assignment Marseilles). The author has blended from the end of part one to this very well. The story gets your attention in the first few pages in Jack Traver's hunt for Henri Agen a mercenary terrorist. Jack Travers is an ex SBS sergeant now working for the SIS. The book will keep you on the edge of your seat, not wanting to put it down.

Assignment Marseilles
Assignment Marseilles
Price: 1.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Assignment Marseilles, 30 Nov 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed this book a gripper from the start. The main character sergeant Jack Travers a member of the Special boat service (the Royal marines version of the SAS) opens with a covert operation in the Irish republic. I won't go any further just to say give this book a read. I have met the author and look forward to reading the next one in the Jack Travers series OPERATION KUWAIT.

To Kill A Stranger
To Kill A Stranger
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars To kill a stranger, 29 Oct 2013
I read about 4 books per week. I have read all Lee child's books, all Peter Robinson's books, all Jack Higgins books And more. I have just read Jack Devon's First book To kill a stranger, very impressed I have given it 5 stars, I don't often give a high rating for a first novel but I think this one deserves it.

Watching the Dark (Inspector Banks 20)
Watching the Dark (Inspector Banks 20)
Price: 5.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, 22 May 2013
I am one of the top fans of Peter Robinson. I have read with great pleasure all of his books, until I read Watching the dark.
It to me felt as if it had been written by someone else, the well known characters from previous books Annie Cabot for example got lost somewhere.
I am usually quite sad when coming to the end of his books (not with the content) but then looking forward to the next. But Peter I feel this is not you at your best.

DIRTY (A Dave Stewart Mystery Book 1)
DIRTY (A Dave Stewart Mystery Book 1)
Price: 2.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Dirty. robert white, 27 Mar 2013
I started to read this book and was absorbed into it very quickly(as a retired police officer I could identify with many items) As the plot thickend it got more gripping for want of a better word. As it reached the climax I was waiting for the outcome of Dave Stewart's future but no! Wendy? was told to?! (I don't want to spoil it for others who may get to the end of this book and utter, What the!!!)

The Splintered Circle - A Dorset & Channel Island WWII Mystery
The Splintered Circle - A Dorset & Channel Island WWII Mystery
Price: 1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars The splintered circle by Ruby Stone, 15 Aug 2012
I find stories like this that have two or more character collections with a link (without giving anything away) very interesting.
I have read all Peter Robinson's books of which some have a similar theme.
I would recommend this book and would have paid for it had it not been free.

Death Notice (The Northland Crime Chronicles Book 1)
Death Notice (The Northland Crime Chronicles Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars death notice by Alicia Dean, 15 Aug 2012
I found this book a very good read with a good twist. It is a book I would have paid for unlike some other free kindle books.
I would like to read another by this author.

Konig Retro Table Radio - White
Konig Retro Table Radio - White
Price: 16.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Konig retro table radio, 9 Aug 2011
The sound is a bit muffled and to much Bass which is not adjustable, but what more can you expect at the price.