Profile for razordubs2 > Reviews

Songs In The Key Of Life
Offered by Side Two
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't get better, 19 Nov 2003
I was only 2 when this was first released on vinyl and I'm still playing it 25yrs later.
In a time when most albums we buy are over processed, heartless, easily forgotten junk, isn't it time you treated yourself to something that's not only greatly pleasurable to the ear but can take you through every emotion known to man. You feel every word on SITKOL as if being told to you by some wise member of your family whom you love intensley.
I'm tired of forking out hard earned cash for lack luster albums with 3 out of 14 good tracks on them. I'm tired of skipping to my favourites because the rest are mostly annoying. You can't do that with this album! I've yet to hear such a spiritually satisfying mix of music on one album. Every song is a beautiful masterpiece that takes you on a journey.
No life is complete without this album! It's quite simply lifes greatest soundtrack. It's also an education in humanity!
Buy it and feel it's power!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 7, 2012 10:43 PM GMT

Studio Confessions
Studio Confessions
Offered by Japan-Select
Price: 15.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 19 Nov 2003
This review is from: Studio Confessions (Audio CD)
Since Peven cropt up on Roy Davis jr's sublime Gabriel track almost 8yrs ago his output has been scarce but always of outstanding quality. This album is testament to that quality and uniqueness. His almost angelic sounding voice gels beautifully with the loops and percussion perfectly. I love this album, everything about it is quality and you just know there's better to come.
This is a very worthwhile piece of world music but don't just take my word for it......buy it, but it, buy it! Feel it!! Hear it for yourself!
It will stay with you.

Mama's Gun
Mama's Gun
Price: 8.10

3.0 out of 5 stars Truly BADu, 18 Nov 2003
This review is from: Mama's Gun (Audio CD)
The first time I heard Miss Badu's voice (On&On) I was blown away. My ears were eager to enjoy more of the strong soulfulness that her debut had to offer. I'm just not understanding why this sounds the way it does? Is it her new found association with the Marley family?
I feel she's forgotten what made her sound unique and has become a very poor, nasal, irritating parody of herself. There are a few nice tracks on here but not enough to fork out the cash. She was a very promising artist who has forgotten the artistry and the spirituality of her sound, instead deciding to opt for an annoying charicature whilst still preaching a 'feet on the ground' approach to life.
Well Miss Badu - Practice what you preach!!