Profile for K. L. Buckle > Reviews

Content by K. L. Buckle

K. L. Buckle (northwest England)

Page: 1 | 2
iPrompts®
iPrompts®

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, 12 Mar. 2013
This review is from: iPrompts® (App)
I already have 'first... then' on my iphone, but when I got a Kindle Fire for my son I decided to try this, which seems very similar, but perhaps a bit better in some ways. It has more features (countdown timer, choice maker), but I was really only interested in the schedule. Basically, it doesn't work properly on my device and is therefore utterly useless. E.g. I don't want the schedule to say "car", I want "school run". All I could find was a lot of quotes about how easy it was to edit captions with no actual instructions on doing it. Finally tracked that down and it simply doesn't work. I would also like the choice maker to leave the chosen item highlighted so I can leave him alone to decide and still see what he's tapped afterwards, but this only highlights while your finger is on it. Now that I've also read it's not possible to put your own pictures on it unless you can take a picture there and then (my device has no camera) and that it doesn't use Google search as I thought was implied, I really have no use for it at all. I hope I can get a refund as I've had it less than 24 hours and it is mis-advertised and not fit for purpose.

First - then is also flawed, but it's 100x better than this if what you're really interested in is the scheduling function.

Baby Swaddle Blanket Wrap With Hood 0-18 Months
Baby Swaddle Blanket Wrap With Hood 0-18 Months
Offered by fortunemart-uk

3.0 out of 5 stars Form over function, 25 Nov. 2012
This blanket is cute, but it is not very practical. It is too thin, there is no way of securing the bottom flap up and the sides are only kept together by one popper (i.e. no adjustability). By no stretch of the imagination could this be called 'swaddling', which involved being very snug, almost tight. You can't really tell from the picture, but the inside is a rather dazzling black and white stripe, so if you get migraine you may want to steer clear.

The issues I have with it are not enough to send it back and it is cute, particularly as it has a tail, but I wish I'd just shelled out for a larger version of the one I already had (which unfortunately is not offered on Amazon).

Chicco Dancing Animals Musical Stroller Toy, 20 cm
Chicco Dancing Animals Musical Stroller Toy, 20 cm
Offered by CheGiochi

3.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced and over-engineered, 12 Nov. 2011
This toy is ok. It is somewhat interesting to my baby now at 10 months, although when I got it around 4 months ago, he was not impressed. It's expensive for what it is. Only the elephant makes sounds and the moving parts on the other two animals are quite small for a baby to get a handle on.

My main complaint is that the attachment mechanism is extremely over-engineered. I have never seen an attachment so complicated, and all it really amounts to is a small belt. Why the double hinges, multiple holes, and little extra bit inside, I have no idea. For all that, it doesn't even attach securely to my pushchair. So if you buy this, I recommend you *never* take the straps out, because there's no way you'll be able to figure out how to get them back in.

Fisher-Price Link-a-Doos Take-Along Swing
Fisher-Price Link-a-Doos Take-Along Swing

4.0 out of 5 stars Miraculous, 3 April 2011
It's quite late in the day to get this, my baby being 3 months old, but as I got it second hand, it's already been well worth it in just one day. My baby had the longest nap of his life as soon as we got home with it.

I agree with others, though, the so-called 'music' is horrendous, so just don't consider it a feature at all. Same with the various speed settings. There doesn't seem to be much difference between them and the lowest one is plenty fast enough. The ones who find it too fast must have very sensitive babies as even the fastest is certainly not too much for my stimulation-loving baby. I wish it had the ability to plug in. I will have to get some rechargeable batteries.

My baby thinks the toys and mirror are quite good, although the toys need to be moved over him as he doesn't notice them when they hang from the rings on the sides. The mirror/mobile moves with the seat so it isn't hard for baby to track, and it swings out of the way to put him in and out. I thought the seat would be too upright for a little baby, but it's fine, almost lying down.

This is my fourth baby and I've never had a swing before. If I'd known swings these days were so small and portable, I would have got it much sooner and I'm sure it would have made my life much easier during these months of non-stop baby holding.

Lexibook Interactive Multimedia Player and Night Light
Lexibook Interactive Multimedia Player and Night Light

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute, but doesn't live up to potential. WARNING: REQUIRES WINDOWS COMPUTER, 30 Mar. 2011
I have only just got this, so can't comment as to durability. It is very cute and appears to be tough enough. My baby is too young to use it on his own for some time yet, but I expect he will be able to when the time comes. That said, for the price of it I was a bit disappointed they didn't do better. These are the limitations I've noticed:

1. You MUST use their software before it will play files on the SD card. This means you are forced to use a Windows computer. On the up side, you can put all the files on the card some other way and simply use the software to index them so they'll play. The description does not say anywhere that a Windows computer is required for the unit to function.

2. There is no way to lock the buttons, so if you carry it in a changing bag or something it will switch on all the time.

3. Although it plugs in to USB and mains (adapter not supplied), this will not charge the unit. It has no internal rechargeable battery. I didn't really think about that because I've never had an mp3 player that didn't, but in fact this would have made a huge difference to its usability because you have to use a screwdriver to get the battery cover off.

4. You better make sure your favourite tracks are near the beginning of the playlist (although this appears to be uncontrollable in the software) because when the unit is switched off and on again it forgets where it was in the playlist and starts again.

I do like it, and it will serve the purpose, but they could have done so much better.

Page: 1 | 2