Profile for Ben D. Gedig > Reviews

Game of Thrones - Season 4 [Blu-ray] [2015] [Region Free]
Game of Thrones - Season 4 [Blu-ray] [2015] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Peter Dinklage

2.0 out of 5 stars Great show, but damage to the case!, 2 Mar. 2015
Great show, great season, great disc quality.

Unfortunately when I opened my package and checked it, 2 discs fell out. On further inspection, I could see that one of the disc fasteners had shattered. I found the pieces of that on the floor. The other disc's case was fine, but the disc just hadn't been put into it properly. I'm a little disappointed with this. Clearly this isn't a fault with Amazon, but an accident that happened during transit.

I'm a bit of a freak with wanting things neat and pristine, but I don't want to have to buy another one just to fix this stupid break in the plastic. I also don't want the hassle of sending it back to be replaced, so I'll probably buy a plastic disc holder of a similar type and glue it into the case.

Other things to note: This Blu-Ray case is a little thinner than the previous 3 seasons so it'll look different on your shelf. It comes with a slip-cover like the previous 3. Unfortunately, the design of the cover and the fold-out case itself isn't that great; you have the same kind of headshots as the other seasons, which is fine, but it also says "Valar Morghulis" across the front, and of course there is that irritating "All Men Must Die" on the cover itself. I knew it would be there when I was buying it, I just think it looks ugly - more like a poster for the show than the cover itself.

Assuming your own copy will not be broken, expect it to be pretty great!

Smallville: The Final Season [DVD] [2011]
Smallville: The Final Season [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Tom Welling

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow., 26 Aug. 2011
Such a BADA$$ cover. I'll definitely be buying this at some point. Smallville is such an epic series. Over and out.

The Darjeeling Limited [DVD] [2007]
The Darjeeling Limited [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Owen Wilson

5.0 out of 5 stars The Darjeeling UNLimited. lol i dunno., 2 Aug. 2011
This is one of the most deep and emotional films I've ever had the pleasure of watching. I love it. One of my personal favorite films. Filled with depth and meaning, three distant brothers voyage into the unknown together and bond on a MASS DARJEELING SCALE. I dunno what that means.

Usually, if you come across a review of this that is three stars or less, it's because the reviewer didn't understand it. And I feel sorry for them, because they're missing out.

If you're not sure whether or not to buy this, let me offer you some advice... I'm just gonna put this out there, and you can juggle the idea around and buy the DVD, but yeah: BUY IT. NOW.

Or I will backtrace your IP and... ugh I dunno. Just get it.

South Park - Season 10 [DVD]
South Park - Season 10 [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars suth perk, 2 Aug. 2011
This review is from: South Park - Season 10 [DVD] (DVD)
i like suth perk alot it mades me lauhg. i find it soooooo sooo funy. i like wachting it when the lihgts are of. dark suth perk perk. and i lauh. lots of good espisodes and plenty of fun to see and here about. i want 2 buy the hole seres so i can enjoy maxmimum laghtuer.

LUPO USB 'Bullit' Car Charger for iPhone 3G/3GS/4 iPod Touch Nano Classic Shuffle - BLACK

5.0 out of 5 stars Taking charge... lol, 2 Aug. 2011
Well well well. This is amazing for its price. It charges - which is what it was meant to do, so I haven't a single bad thing to say about it. Excellent.

Performance Percussion PP250BLK 5 Piece Drum Kit - Black
Performance Percussion PP250BLK 5 Piece Drum Kit - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars I BET YOU ARE READING THIS, 20 May 2011
Ooh, I'm good. Psychic.

Anyway, yeah these drums are quite crap. I mean, they're okay for a starter set, but the cymbal quality and the hi-hat stand kinda suck. It all feels really tacky. Plus, there were screws and stuff missing from mine so I had to buy some from Halfords.

I suggest you look on an online drum store and buy a kit that has a longer lifespan. It may cost a bit more, but it's probably worth it, unless you don't intend on taking the drums seriously, and simply want them for decoration, then yes, buy these.

I've had this set for just over a year, and my snare is totaled, with the springs hanging off and the actual skin of the drum dented and ripped, and the "crash cymbal" (if you want to call it that) is all bent and twisted, it has warped into a bowl, somehow. I mean I don't hit it that hard, it just cracked and started curving inwards. Seriously it looks like used Christmas wrapping from the Terminator's Christmas present. This isn't even with regular use. I only used it for an hour or two once a week.

At the moment I'm using the left tom as a snare. It sounds terrible, but let's just pretend it sounds good... Unless, of course, you're deciding on whether or not to purchase it. Me and my kit have had some good times, but in the end, it's just like pretending a corpse is still alive. Have fun, campers.

Family Guy - Season 10 [DVD]
Family Guy - Season 10 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Seth MacFarlane

4.0 out of 5 stars Lucky there's a F-- oh, never mind..., 20 May 2011
This review is from: Family Guy - Season 10 [DVD] (DVD)
Yeah, about this... Hmm. It's funny... But not as funny as previous seasons. Plus once again, there aren't enough episodes to make the season worth what Amazon are charging. If you're a die-hard Family Guy fan and you can't live without seeing this, then get it. You probably won't be disappointed. If you're like me, give it a month or two for the price to go down a bit. The extras are okay though.

Little tip: If you want Season 10, along with a script for the 150th episode and a Bird is the Word t-shirt, buy this from HMV. It's an exclusive deal. It's only an extra £10, but it may interest you.

Stargate Universe - Season 2 [DVD]
Stargate Universe - Season 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robert Carlyle

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool beans, 12 May 2011
SGU is beast. I'll watch anything set in the Stargate world. The last episode of season 2 was a let-down though. I was very disappointed that they left it open-ended like that. Still, there is now a three year set-up for a movie to end the series, if MGM can get enough bloody money to make it. I say screw James Bond, focus on the Stargate movies. Much more epic. Anyway, that's all I had to say. I'm gonna finish my poo and play videogames now. Toodle-oo.

Horrid Henry (Nintendo DS)
Horrid Henry (Nintendo DS)

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the buy, 24 Mar. 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Yeah man this is a low price for a quality game, son. You gotta just open your mind dude. Buy this game if you own a DS. It's hours of endless fun on your own, with a DS. Fly. I recently got myself a thousand British monies ready to buy this bad boy. I received it last week and I have been playing it non-stop. I'm even playin' it right now, gangstas! Henry is more horrid than he has ever been in this brilliantly satisfying installment. I'd buy it again.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 4, 2011 9:17 AM BST

Cokie the Clown
Cokie the Clown

5.0 out of 5 stars X, Coke and K, 6 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Cokie the Clown (Audio CD)
Such an amazing piece of awesome. Enough said.

But I'll elaborate for those who want me to. You're welcome. Starts off with a very circusy sound and sets the mood for the title track, which is brilliant. I don't actually know how to explain it, but listen to it a few times, and you'll understand. Straight Outta Massachusetts is sweet too. Quite short, but has a nice tune. And the lyrics are easy to learn. There's a video on YouTube of Fat Mike singing this song on some messed ups show with a puppet. Mike's daughter is also there moshing around. Good video, maybe you should check it out...

Anyway, Fermented and Flailing and Codependence Day are two good tracks and sorta grow on you after listening for a while. They're good to start off with as background music, and when you have time, the lyrics are printed on the inside cover so you can do whatever you do with lyrics.

The EP finishes off with the acoustic version of Mike's sad story about his parents and their deaths. My Orphan Year is one of my favorite NOFX songs and the acoustic makes it THAT much effective in depressing the **** outta you. There's a video to go along with this on YouTube too. So the EP ends on a bit of a downer.

Anyway, recommended, and it's really cheap. If you go to the New & Used link, some of the New options are amazingly cheap. I got mine from allyourmusic and I can verify that they're highly trustworthy, so the cheaper option here is ideal. Imma stfu now.

Page: 1 | 2