Profile for Owen Power > Reviews

Content by Owen Power

Owen Power (Manchester, UK)

AURAGLOW 6w LED GU10 Light Bulb, Daylight (Full Spectrum) 50w Equivalent
AURAGLOW 6w LED GU10 Light Bulb, Daylight (Full Spectrum) 50w Equivalent

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective Low Energy GU10 Lighting, 8 Sep 2013
Lighting at home is very important to me, equally important I only use low-energy light bulbs. It is a daunting task sourcing light bulbs that meet my needs as there are so many to choose from. Two years ago I replaced my standard GU10 bulbs in the kitchen with low-energy GU10 equivalents, the result was good (but not great). Recently I decided to see if I could improve on the kitchen lighting as low-energy bulbs are constantly developed. The first bulb I sourced was surprisingly bright but it's 'beam angle' was 120 degrees which I didn't like as in reality I ended up with a bright kitchen without the spotlight effect. I then tried the AURAGLOW 6w GU10 bulb and liked it, it has a good spotlight effect which I can use to focus on the worktops and cooker. I ordered some more so all the bulbs in the kitchen are now AURAGLOW 6w. The bulbs might seem a little bit expensive but I feel it is worth paying a little more for a good energy efficient bulb. The seller dispatched the bulbs promptly and the bulbs were packed efficiently.

Lavender Pure Essential Oil 100ml - Aromatherapy Oil - Lavandula angustifolia - 100ml
Offered by Essential Oils Direct (Retail)
Price: 13.00

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Essential Oil, 30 Aug 2011
This is an excellent essential oil. I particularly like lavender essential oil for massage as well as for use in a diffuser as I think lavender has beneficial properties and has a very pleasing smell. This particular product is excelent value and I received it promptly.

Kidde KSPS1X Fire Extinguisher Multi Purpose 1.0kg ABC
Kidde KSPS1X Fire Extinguisher Multi Purpose 1.0kg ABC
Offered by Diy & Homeware
Price: 19.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Home Safety, 12 Aug 2011
I purchased this because of the recent concerns some Beko fridge/freezers were faulty and might be a fire hazzard and my fridge was on the list. While Beko promptly arranged for the fridge to have a safety check nonetheless, I think every home should have an extinguisher in case of electrical fires due to a fault in freezers, washing machines, PCs and all the rest of the electrical goods that we have at home. The extinguisher was delivered very promptly and the instructions for use are clear.

RADIATOR BOOSTER 2
RADIATOR BOOSTER 2

5.0 out of 5 stars A Greener & Warmer Home, 26 Dec 2010
This review is from: RADIATOR BOOSTER 2
This is an excellent gadget and in my view works well at making my rooms warmer at home and as a result my radiators use less energy so my home a greener one as well.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 6, 2011 12:49 PM BST

Brooklyn Oak High Stool - Size: H 80cm, W 31cm, D 31cm
Brooklyn Oak High Stool - Size: H 80cm, W 31cm, D 31cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Kitchen Stool, 28 Mar 2010
Very attractive and comfortable stool which is excellent value for money and it was delivered promptly.

Karlsson Little Big Time Black
Karlsson Little Big Time Black
Price: 22.71

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks Good, 1 Feb 2010
This clock looks great on the wall in front of my desk and fits in well with my 'unconventional' decor which includes large canvas posters. Care needs to be taken while placing the clock on the wall because it is important to ensure that it is straight otherwisethe 'hands' may get tangled. It is also important to use a good quality AA battery because initially when I first put the clock up on the wall it kept losing time but once I put in a well known quality battery the clock has consistently maintained the correct time. This clock is a very good buy and it is much admired by my visitors.

Soup for All Occasions (New Covent Garden Soup Company)
Soup for All Occasions (New Covent Garden Soup Company)
by New Covent Garden Soup Company

5.0 out of 5 stars New Covent Garden Food Company, 16 Nov 2009
I am a soup enthusiast and obtain my inspiration for soup making from the New Covent Garden Soup series as they all contain superb recipes which take into account seasonal availability of vegetables. This latest book in the series is no exception and has a good mix of recipes for everyday meals as well as innovative recipes for dinner parties.