Profile for Medusa > Reviews

Content by Medusa

Medusa "Muffinmuncher" (Beds., England)

HG Mould Spray
HG Mould Spray

1.0 out of 5 stars Good product but the sprays don't work, 2 Jun. 2014
This review is from: HG Mould Spray (DIY & Tools)
I am really annoyed that I have bought two of these sprays now and the spray itself is good for getting rid of mould, but the sprays are rubbish. I think they need to sort this out as these sprays aren't cheap. I'm not able to take them back to the store because I don't have the receipt. You don't usually have to hang on for them for sprays...

Apple MacBook Air 13 inch Leather Case, Hard Back, Twelve South BookBook, Brown
Apple MacBook Air 13 inch Leather Case, Hard Back, Twelve South BookBook, Brown

2.0 out of 5 stars Watch out for the zips!, 24 Jan. 2014
I bought one of these a couple of years ago and they have many advantages over the other cases in that they hide your laptop from thieves and you can use your laptop whilst it is in the case. Unfortunately mine broke after a couple of years. They are made out of plastic so the teeth wear away over time. If they replaced the zips with better quality ones - metal? Then they should last a lot longer. I have ordered a new one only because I got so many compliments and the security aspect of it. Such a shame that this product is let down by manufacturers cutting corners. And, yes, I did try to get a company to repair it, but they couldn't so it isn't repairable when the zips break.

New Ladies/Womens Red Patent Hush Puppies Freya Court Shoes. - Red Patent - UK SIZE 4

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely shoes, 22 Nov. 2013
Very comfortable, true to size and a bargain. I am very pleased with this purchase and I have worn them lots.

Pharoh Headband Egyptian Cleopatra Fancy Dress
Pharoh Headband Egyptian Cleopatra Fancy Dress
Offered by RetailZone

1.0 out of 5 stars The headress doesn't stay on the head, 22 Nov. 2013
It keeps falling down because it is badly designed. I don't know why they make these things if they can't be worn as intended.

NEW KIDS CHILDREN BOY GIRL KNITTED CHRISTMAS REINDEER RUDOLPH JUMPER RED SANTA TREE AGE 3-13 YEARS (9-10, Twin Reindeer Grey Blue)

1.0 out of 5 stars Hole in jumper!, 22 Nov. 2013
This arrived today and there is a hole in the jumper - I am hoping to return it. Sloppy quality control.

Thinking in Pictures
Thinking in Pictures
by Temple Grandin

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating..., 30 Jan. 2008
This review is from: Thinking in Pictures (Paperback)
I found this book really fascinating and I have also seen the Horizon documentary featuring Temple Grandin. She is very inspirational for me, particularly as I have a son who is on the autistic spectrum (asperger's/HFA). He also seems to be a visual thinker and he makes lots of pictures out of objects probably based on things he has seen that interest him. They are quite complicated (he is four and a half years old). He also makes quite complex patterns. He is also very good at making things out of lego like drills, houses, airplanes. Both my husband and I had grandfathers who were very good with their hands and could fix anything, build models etc. Yet he does not interact with children very well outside his family and is struggling at school. I think he has sensory issues similar to Temple Grandin's. Anyway, time will tell how he develops. It is a very interesting read and I would recommend it to any parent/carer of a child who is developing in a different way.

Einstein Syndrome: Bright Children Who Talk Late
Einstein Syndrome: Bright Children Who Talk Late
by Thomas Sowell

2.0 out of 5 stars Could be misleading..., 30 Jan. 2008
I bought this book a couple of years ago because my son was a late talker. He did interact with his environment and seemed intelligent enough and I thought he was okay, but once he started school they raised concerns with us. He has since been diagnosed with a social and communication disorder and is on the autistic spectrum (Asperger's). He seems to be very good at making models/pictures etc., but has some learning difficulties. I would say if you have any doubts get in touch with your health visitor, GP or local child development centre. Educate yourself about Asperger's. Einstein has since been "diagnosed" as having asperger's/high functioning autism by professionals/experts in this field. It is nothing to be afraid of, but don't bury your head in the sand or think that this necessarily is the answer to understanding your non-verbal child.