Profile for Marcin > Reviews

Oxford Oximiser 900 12V UK Motorcycle Battery Charger Optimiser
Oxford Oximiser 900 12V UK Motorcycle Battery Charger Optimiser
Offered by NIGHTINGALES

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable and up for the task piece of kit, 31 Oct 2014
Following an unfortunate event where I left the keys in "On" position for a while and ended up with a battery not strong enough to start the bike up. Lesson learned.

Kudos to Oxford and their product - I was able to start the bike up after just two hours and I had full capacity on the battery when left overnight.
That bit of equipment hasn't failed me yet, after what is now over a year of usage. Really happy with it.

For anyone interested, I made a short video of the installation on the bike.

All the best,
Marcin

MSI NVIDIA GTX 970 Gaming Twin Frozr HDMI DVI-I DP Graphics Card (4GB, PCI Express, DDR5, 256 Bit)
Offered by Ebuyer UK Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb hardware, 27 Oct 2014
Having recently purchased this card as an upgrade from ancient crossx'ed 5770's I'm extremely pleased with the hardware. Suffice to say the performance is spectacular.
There's no apparent coil whine as you could have read in few places around the web. In fact, the only thing that can whine from time to time is my PSU...which is a little surprising, it being Antec Trupower 750W but then again I've had it for a while and perhaps it's on its way out.

The Geforce Experience program that comes bundled with the card is superb, it optimises games for you (in this card's case - maxes all out) and where applicable it switches the DSR... that means that the games can be rendered up to 4K and downsampled to 1080p for improved quality. Again, superb feature.

I made a short video of unboxing and first look if you're interested to see the card and what's in the box for you:

All the best,

Carlube XCG500 Multi-Purpose Grease, Copper
Carlube XCG500 Multi-Purpose Grease, Copper
Offered by Car Magic

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 6 May 2013
Purchased it for motorcycle maintenance.
I've already fixed an issue with my friend's motorcycle where the kickstand was playing up. This grease got straight into the joint, lubed it perfectly and restored the functionality and smooth movement of the part.

It's thick, beautifullt tinted copper colour and does the job well.

Recommended

3Kw Industrial Space Heater 3000W Thermostat Controlled Workshop Cylinder Fan
3Kw Industrial Space Heater 3000W Thermostat Controlled Workshop Cylinder Fan
Offered by express trading

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 6 May 2013
Purchased to heat the garage/workshop

Works very well, quiet, warms up really quick.

Power settings and thermostat are great and allow you to set the temperatures to where you want them with the aid of any cheap thermometer.

Recommended.

The 50 List: - A Father's Heartfelt Message to his Daughter
The 50 List: - A Father's Heartfelt Message to his Daughter
by Nigel Holland

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book, 26 Feb 2013
I've known Nigel for quite a few years.
We share our passion for drag racing and computing and we're very good friends.
I witnessed with my own eyes how he was changing, how "manageable" was slowly becoming "impossible". But wait...Nigel does not have the word "impossible" in his dictionary. He never had from what I know. And that, among many other things, makes him an extremely inspirational person.
There are no impossible things...there are always ways out.
There are no un-achievables...there's always a solution.

When I learned that his beautiful daughter was diagnosed with the condition as well, my heart broke.
Being a father myself I just couldn't comprehend how you can cope with news like that. I just couldn't.
But Nigel with family did. And they keep doing it...keep moving forward...keep finding ways around, solutions.
They all work hard to show Ellie, that she can do whatever she sets out to do, no matter what.

This book..this story of a man that I thought I knew well...shows the world we live in through his eyes...
I haven't known him well enough. I haven't realised what he had to go through and what a fantastic success he has achieved..and still does...every day..every minute...showing his beloved daughter that world is full of opportunities..not limitations.

With that, I highly recommend this book.
You'll enjoy it and learn from it how to have the right mindset and live your life to the full.

Regards,

Liftmaster 680Kg Motorcycle Bike Lift ATV QUAD Jack 1500LB
Liftmaster 680Kg Motorcycle Bike Lift ATV QUAD Jack 1500LB
Offered by Liftmaster Garage Equipments

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product at a great price, 21 Feb 2013
Lift arrived promptly, great service.
Assembly is easy, operation is extremely easy. There is no issues getting a heavy bike up as long as you work out the lift point on your bike :)

Locking mechanisms, straps and stabilising bolts - all ensure that you won't have to worry about your bike falling off at any point.
I actually lifted the bike and sat on it no problems.

For anyone interested, I've recorded the unboxing, assembly and testing of that very product.
I'm not allowed to post links to videos here (I think) so just have a look yourself on popular video page and search for Liftmaster Powerjack TT6235 - unboxing and assembly; and you should find it no problem.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 10, 2013 10:38 AM BST

XSories Pholder Smartphone Tripod Mount
XSories Pholder Smartphone Tripod Mount
Offered by Planet Gizmo

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job very well, 10 Feb 2013
I'm very pleased with this mount. I use it with my HTC One X to record HD videos and it does the job perfectly.
Fits into standard tripod mount making it very versatile.

Unity 3.X Game Development Essentials
Unity 3.X Game Development Essentials
by Will Goldstone

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb book, 10 Feb 2013
I was pleasantly surprised how nicely paced this book was.
I'm finished with it now and I feel that all the knowledge form the book was useful.
I will be coming back to revisit chapters often.

Blue Microphones Snowball Omnidirectional/Cardioid USB Microphone - Black
Blue Microphones Snowball Omnidirectional/Cardioid USB Microphone - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 10 Feb 2013
Massive improvement over standard headphones mic.
Recordings are clear and noise free.
Highly recommended for any aspiring broadcaster, movie maker etc.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality desk, 13 Nov 2011
Recently purchased, very satisfied with the product.
The build is solid, the packaging was great, assembly was straight forward.
You connect most of the panels using cams which provides great amount of flexibility if i.e. you're moving houses a lot and require to take the desk apart often.

Fully assembled it's a pleasure to look at.
With deep walnut colour it's right in the centre of the office and does the job wonderfully.

Highly recommended, both the product and the seller.

Regards,