Profile for zagsgran > Reviews

zagsgran

Rick Stein's Mediterranean Escapes
Rick Stein's Mediterranean Escapes
by Rick Stein

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like to eat differently try some of these recipes from ..., 1 Nov. 2014
If you like to eat differently try some of these recipes from countries, whose food is healthy and different. This is Rick Stein, need I say more?

What Remains [DVD]
What Remains [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Threlfall

5.0 out of 5 stars I missed episode 4!, 20 Dec. 2013
This review is from: What Remains [DVD] (DVD)
I recorded and watched the first three episodes and as we were to be away for the fourth and final episode I set the recorder. On our return disaster! The recorder had let me down! To make matters worse the episode was no longer available on the iPlayer. Friends were sworn to secrecy as to what had happened, as I presumed it would be repeated. Then I saw that What Remains was available on Amazon.

I sent off for it. My husband (it is not his thing!) went to Spain to visit his mother and at last I could find out what happened. I watched the first three episodes and then the final one and my it did not disappoint. A totally unexpected series of events made this a brilliant drama.

The setting for this is house, where a diverse set of people live. The body of a woman is found in the loft and David Threlfall plays the detective who investigates, even after his retirement. A series of flashbacks shows the young woman when she was alive and living in the house.

Absolutely worth watching. I doubt whether anyone can foretell the ending.

Inferno: (Robert Langdon Book 4)
Inferno: (Robert Langdon Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Robert Langdon story., 7 Aug. 2013
Another holiday read. Has the usual twists and turns which i have come to expect from this author and a very compelling storyline.

Nina Todd Has Gone
Nina Todd Has Gone

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth persevering!, 7 Aug. 2013
Took a while to get into this unusual story, which has chapters written from the perspective of different characters. However it kept my interest to the final page.

Not Dead Yet (Roy Grace series Book 8)
Not Dead Yet (Roy Grace series Book 8)

5.0 out of 5 stars Peter James succeeds again!, 7 Aug. 2013
Another great read. These detective stories have various plots, which sustain interest until the final solution. Have read all previous books in hard copy, but took my Kindle on holiday, so read this then.

Portable Support Grip Grab Handle - Bath & Shower Disability Aid
Portable Support Grip Grab Handle - Bath & Shower Disability Aid
Offered by Uk Mobility Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job....eventually!, 22 Jun. 2013
Item arrived promptly and after cleaning and drying the tiles we followed the instructions and fixed the grip to the wall. Over the next two or three days we did this again and again and again. The grip kept falling off. Finally my husband fixed it a different way (but no glue!!) and since then it has stayed in place. It has now been several days. Does the job we bought it for. Gives a hand when washing feet in shower as my husband has recently had a knee replacement and it saved holding on to the door handle. Good service from supplier.

Ex-Pro® Canon BP718 BP-718 High Power Plus+ 1790mAh 2 Year Warranty Replacement Lithium Li-on Digital Camcorder Battery for Canon Vixia HF M50, HF M52, HF M56, HF M500, HF M506, HF R30, HF R32, HF R36, HF R38, HF R300, HF R306

4.0 out of 5 stars Battery charger, 17 Feb. 2013
This was bought to charge batteries for a new camcorder. although a bit flimsy, but does the job. Need to treat it with care.

Kylie Minogue Darling Eau de Toilette for Women - 75 ml
Kylie Minogue Darling Eau de Toilette for Women - 75 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas present, 30 Dec. 2011
I bought this for my daughter in law for Christmas. It arrived well packed and in record time. She visited on Boxing Day and loved the perfume. Thank you Amazon.

The Girl Who Played With Fire [DVD] [2010]
The Girl Who Played With Fire [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Noomi Rapace
Offered by Direct-Offers-UK-FBA

4.0 out of 5 stars The Girl who played with Fire, 16 Feb. 2011
An understandably abridged version of the book. Certain threads are not included, however this I found to be an enthralling, exciting film. Ending makes me want to read/watch the next (and final) instalment. Roll on April for the film's release on DVD.