Profile for Thrud Fan > Reviews

(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Vicks VDT969EU AgeSmart Family Thermometer
Vicks VDT969EU AgeSmart Family Thermometer

4.0 out of 5 stars Mine was acurate and large back lit display very useful., 3 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Nicely made thermometer with an age range selection for babies (under 3 months), very young children (3-36 month) and then the rest of the human race (36 month-adults). Comes with a good clear instruction book and a protective cover. But the best thing is that mine was accurate and the large display with back light. This meant I didn't have to go hunting for my glasses and didn't have to turn on main bedroom lights just to take a temperature, very useful. Worth looking at even if like me you don't need the baby range part of the device.

Victor M792 Heavy-Duty Sonic Pest Chaser
Victor M792 Heavy-Duty Sonic Pest Chaser

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to work well in my situation, but I can't help being sceptical., 26 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been using this in a lean to at the back of my house for about 3 weeks, the area was quite literally a rat run, I have a humane rat trap set up and didn't even have to bait it in the end as rats seemed to just blunder in it, plenty of rat droppings as well. So does this work well there are no rats in the trap and no rat droppings in the area, so I'll give it a cautious ok.
If you decide to try this keep in mind the restrictions to its use as they are many, although understandable, this isn't a miracle cure. If you use it in a house you will just drive the rats out of one room as the sonic waves will not go though walls, so you may have to cover the entire house with them which is not cheap. You also have to remove food sources from the rats reach and block up entrance holes, I wonder that if you do this the rats will probably leave on their on adored to find somewhere more hospitable without one of these in the home.

Neusu Large Vacuum Storage Bags - Heavy Duty 110 Micron Quality Compression - 5 Pack 80cm x 60cm Space Saving Bags
Offered by Neusu

4.0 out of 5 stars well made easy to use, 19 Jun. 2016
I have just started using these and I'm very impressed using for everything from winter jumpers and bedding to storing dust sheets. The packs warn you to not use on feathered bedding and leather and other materials that compressing can damage, worth noting if you intend to use for those type of things. Otherwise excellent quality feel well made and strong

Busy B "August 2016-17" Academic Diary - Blue
Busy B "August 2016-17" Academic Diary - Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars A very useful and practical diary/planner, 7 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Good quality pages with a thinnish card cover, a tape bookmark and elastic pencil holder and strap to keep it closed make this a practical diary.
It runs from August to first few days in September the following year, pages are clearly laid out in a week per page view with a reminder column down the side. Each quarter is divided by a thin card pocket supposedly for tickets or other reminders but I found that tickets I had for sport events were too long for it, made the diary bulky and were not very securely held plus I wouldn't want or need to carry these around every day with me anyway so it was a bit of a waste. There are plenty of places at the front for notes and four time tables for the year plus 5 pages at the back for contacts and a little pocket cut in the back cover. I like it, it's small, light and well thought out with all the things you or your kids would need to plan the days.

Post-it Colour Notes, Joy, 38mm x 51mm (653-12FLJO) - 1 pack of 12 pads, 100 sheets per pad

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for page makers and very small notes, 22 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
How do you review a Post-it Note? The clever bits of paper with the easy peel-able adhesive strip on the back.
These small (38mm x 51mm) notes are useful for a few words but with my handwriting I would struggle to get even a Shakespearian quote on something this size and have it legible, they come into there own for marking pages in reference books and reports, I found that if you cut the pads into three for page markers they last forever.

3M 9332+ Flat Fold Particulate Respirator - White
3M 9332+ Flat Fold Particulate Respirator - White

4.0 out of 5 stars A good dust mask, 22 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I found this a comfortable to wear mask, if fitted right it doesn't fog up my glasses. I have a reasonably thin face and the mask fitted its profile well. I found fitting to be straight forward. As part of my job I have had some basic training in respirators and the different types and uses. I know that if they leak they are useless, if you have a beard or stubble which allows an air path they are useless. I am no expert on respirators but the HSE have a useful page on their web site just search for "All you need to know about disposable dust masks HSE", it explains what the FFP3 rating means among other useful information. The instructions that come with the mask are good and in multiple languages
Overall this is a good disposable mask it is pricey, but compared to cheaper masks I have used I feel that this one is doing a proper job and I feel confident it is helping to protect me from the dust I encounter doing DIY jobs around the home. The only issue is that as it is more expensive people maybe temped to use it past its useful life to get their monies worth.

SISUN PW4101 3.5" Full Aluminum Floppy Drive Slot 4 x SATA HDD Power Switch Control / Protection cover (4x Switch)
Offered by SISUN-EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful for multi OS systems, 8 May 2016
I'm using this on a multi OS system (Windows 7, XP and Linux) saves, what I consider, all the hassle of a multi-boot. Works well buttons have a positive click, construction is all metal with a nicely printed fascia.
Only issue I had was it was very tight in my case and I could imagine the Sisuns black coating being scratched off as I pushed it in, still you can't see this when it's installed so not really an issue, might be tricky to take out though.
Worth considering if you have the need to isolate different drives, there are a few of these on sale I picked this as it looked the best made of the lot, I don't regret my choice.

UniBond Re-New Silicon Sealant
UniBond Re-New Silicon Sealant

3.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly easy to use but seems a bit wasteful, 30 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A very soft sealant for covering over old and damaged sealant I found this easy to use once I got the hang of it, there is no smell and it was easy to wash out and clean up afterwards, which was good because when I first started using it I got everywhere and it was very messy.
It is not like a standard sealant once this is on you don't want to be messing with it. I found that after the initial application one or two further sweeps with the attached rubber smoothing tool was all I could do after that it started to pull and I had to remove it and start again. For corners I found that it deposited a much wider bead of sealant than was there originally, so you may want to bare that in mind if you have very thin beads at the moment. Corners are straight forward but when you have three corners converging to a point it gets more tricky to get a good result. It does seem a tad wasteful as after the initial application, when I went over it again, I turned the tool over and was surprised how much excess I had remove, maybe I'm too heavy handed and not using it right, sometimes it does not remove all the excess leaving ugly white streaks that can be a problem to clean up afterwards. Overall a reasonably quick and easyish fix for old sealant how durable it is only time will tell.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Outside the Lines: Lost photographs of punk and new wave's most iconic albums
Outside the Lines: Lost photographs of punk and new wave's most iconic albums
by Matteo and Sebastiano Torcinovich and Girardi

4.0 out of 5 stars Great pictures, poor choice of page colour, 28 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
High quality pictures abound in this book pictorially detailing the photo shoots of some classic and not so classic punk and New Wave from the mid 70s to early 80s.
Each photo set comes with a page of writing detailing a bit about the artists and performers on the album sometimes with quotes from the artists and or the photographer. These are interesting but it is the pictures that carry the book and it is interesting to see what was chosen for the final cover and what was discarded. There could be arguments for who's in the book and who's been left out but over all its is a great book for those interested in music or photography in music.
My only quibble is the choice of font colour and page colour, my eyesight is not great and black text on yellow pages I found difficult to read there are only about 10 pages of introduction like this and I can understand the thoughts behind it but a good looking page with unreadable or difficult to read text might as well be a blank page.

3M SandBlaster 28080 Coarse P80 230 x 280mm Sandpaper Sheets (8 Sheets)
3M SandBlaster 28080 Coarse P80 230 x 280mm Sandpaper Sheets (8 Sheets)

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 18 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Quite an aggressive sand paper so needs a little care in use other than that works well, clogging wise I found it better than other quality sandpapers, not much more can be said.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20