Profile for Tabitha > Reviews

Content by Tabitha

Tabitha "Tabitha" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
The New Rules of Marketing & PR: How to Use Social Media, Online Video, Mobile Applications, Blogs, News Releases, and Viral Marketing to Reach Buyers Directly

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth reading, 12 Jan 2014
As a marketing manager currently studying for the CIM Digital Marketing Diploma, I bought this book because it's on the course recommended reading list.

Written in easy to read language I found this book provided practical advice and ideas to optimise digital marketing planning.

25ppm Colloidal Silver. 250ml. Includes 1st class post. Best quality & even better value from the UKs biggest supplier.
Offered by Colloidal Silver UK

1.0 out of 5 stars No improvement and all negative info on the internet, 4 Jan 2014
I've been looking into colloidal silver and I bought this brand. I've taken it but I haven't seen any improvement on my condition. So I've looked into it a bit further. However, my research has only come up with negative information.

1) All websites I've found that promote the benefits of collodial silver are run by companies wanting to sell colloidal silver. I didn't notice at first that even the one called 'A Public Services of the Silver Safety Council' is run by Invision International Health Solutions, Inc who actually sell colloidal silver.

2) Many of these websites state the same facts such as it kills 650 viruses and either misquote or make up research. These claims appear to be discredited by other websites including:

[...]
This websites states times various country bodies such as the FDA have stopped sellers from making unsubstantiated claims on behalf of colloidal silver (650 viruses, effective against cancer etc.)

and

[...]
This lady has argyria and has researched many of the apparently false claims.
_________

Now this particular company does not make any of these medical claims, but says the following and refers the buyer to the information available online:

Besides the traditional use as a medication, there are many other non medicinal uses:-
Keeps boat/motorhome/caravan water systems fresh during winter and periods of non use.
Can be used to clean worktops/food preparation areas.
Can be used on sick plants, particularly for fungal infections.
Can be put into hot tubs where it will circulate in the system and help control bacteria.
Racing pigeon and poultry keepers use colloidal silver to treat sick birds.

So I've stopped taking the Colloidal Silver. I'd really like to believe this product is the answer to all illnesses but the information on the internet seems to be all negative.

Mickey Mouse Picture Book
Mickey Mouse Picture Book

1.0 out of 5 stars No words, Literally a picture book, 20 Oct 2013
Very disappointed in this 'book'. It's a collection of random Mickey Mouse illustrations. I'm aware it's called a picture book, but I did expect some sort of story. No use at all for my 3 year old.

The Interview Book: Your definitive guide to the perfect interview
The Interview Book: Your definitive guide to the perfect interview

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT a definitive guide (but what is in the book is good), 21 April 2013
I bought this book (The Interview Book: 'Your Definitive Guide to the Perfect Interview') instead of 'The Interview Question & Answer Book: Your Definitive Guide to the Best Answers to Even the Toughest Interview...' based on a review. The review said one book was included in the other. That is not true.

There are 65 questions listed at the back of this book without answers. The answers are in 'The Interview Question & Answer Book' and not in 'The Interview Book'.

This book is not definitive as additional information is in the other book. I am not happy as I wanted all the information.

The information that is actually in this book is, however, very good.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, arrived quickly, 19 Feb 2013
Take a sachet at 8 am and anothe 6 - 8 hrs later. It clears you out. It's not explosive, but manageable. You do need to stay close to the loo as at times you need to urgently visit every 5 mins. Ensure you drink plenty of water to get the most out of the product.

Nelsons Candida 72 Tablets
Nelsons Candida 72 Tablets

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 6 Oct 2012
Gets rid of symptoms very quickly - such a relief when suffering.

And much better for your body that chemical based medicine.

Procure Direct Ltd GU10 LED Light Bulb 60 LED 250 Lumen 2 Watt Warm White x 1 lamp / Equal to 50W Halogen, only uses 2W, incredibly bright light, ideal for 50W-60W replacement (discontinued by manufacturer)

3.0 out of 5 stars A yellowish light & higher electromagnetic radiation than halogen - explained below., 2 Oct 2012
EM Radiation

I've had these for a few months and so far they appear to be good quality. However, In my kitchen, these bulbs have a higher electromagnetic radiation reading than my halogen bulbs. But in the bedroom, the readings from both bulbs drop by more than half. I assume the lighting has been wired differently in the kitchen than the bedroom. I'm therefore using these bulbs upstairs, but downstairs.

The unit I use is the Digitaler Elektrosmog analyser by Gigahertz Solutions. The ungrounded readings are as follows:

Recommended exposure: below 1.5 V/m
Kitchen Halogen reading: approx. 87 V/m
Kitchen This bulb: approx 107 V/m
______
Light Colour

Definitely better than previous LED lights I've tried, but I still prefer Halogen in the main living areas as I prefer the colour.

Vicks Paediatric Mini Ultrasonic Humidifier
Vicks Paediatric Mini Ultrasonic Humidifier

3.0 out of 5 stars Not easy to clean, 17 April 2012
First Impressions: Fiddly to clean, not sure if my cleaning is effective as I can't reach behind and into parts of the humidifier - worried about bacteria growth.

Does not come with the antibacterial cartridge (an extra £10 inc. postage)and I can only find it on Amazon - not available in Argos, which is where I bought the humidifier. Also, it only runs for 8 hrs.
_________
I have had 2 challenge 3.5 ultra sonic humidifiers which were both really effective at easing both my kids night time coughs. These were much bigger and cheaper and included both the antibacterial cartridge and the anti-mineral cartridge which could be used at the same time. But after 1 month of use, there was a build up of dirt inside the funnel where I could not reach to clean, so had to return both. Also a pink fungus would start to grow every couple of days, and I was worried there was more fungus where I could not reach.
_________
Both the Vicks and the Challenge seem to be manufactured by the same people: [...]
I'm including the manufacturer because this information is impossible to find prior to purchase.

Will update once I've tried this humidifier for a month.

Pink Mermaid - Childrens Fancy Dress Costume - Ages 5 to 7
Pink Mermaid - Childrens Fancy Dress Costume - Ages 5 to 7
Offered by It's All Fun & Games

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality, 6 Dec 2011
I ordered this for my daughter's birthday, but when I opened it to look at it, the material was of very cheap quality. For £17 I would expect the costume to look like it would last more than a couple of hours.

I'm going to return it, but I'm not happy that I have to pay for the return myself.

Karakal Mini Foam Tennis Ball (Set of 12)
Karakal Mini Foam Tennis Ball (Set of 12)
Offered by Sweatband

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Ball, 29 July 2011
I bought these to play tennis with my daughter. Much easier for her to hit - slower and lighter.

I would recommend these balls.

Page: 1 | 2