Profile for Pathwalker > Reviews

Game for Fame Party Board Game for Families, Adults and Teens
Game for Fame Party Board Game for Families, Adults and Teens
Offered by Banter Board Games Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun, 3 Jan. 2015
Great fun - but not for the shy. We have played this over Christmas and had a lot of fun and laughter with it. it has been great for mixed ages of 20-60 somethings, and I think it would work well with older teens. The players do need to be confident and comfortable about making a fool of themselves. The cheques you win seemed a bit irrelevant - we did not seem to get into the competition element that well - but the process of fulfilling the card requirements was good fun. Memorable ones included the gargling of Beatles' tracks, the team robotic dancing and some vehemently delivered advertising raps. Friends we played it with went on to buy it for other people.

Set 3.3 Introducing Syllables (short vowel sounds) Card Game
Set 3.3 Introducing Syllables (short vowel sounds) Card Game

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful Game, 13 May 2014
This is a useful game to encourage players to think about syllables. Players enjoy collecting the words and the game has had a very positive response from the young (11) players I have used it with.

Set 2.5 c saying s Card Game
Set 2.5 c saying s Card Game

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Memory Game, 4 May 2014
Although this game has a specific purpose (looking at when c is said as s) the learning has become incidental to the fun my Year 7 pupils have had with it. I work with small groups and initially some pupils could not read the words. By playing a memory game (where you turn over two cards to look for the pairs) they have been motivated to learn the words and the underlying rules. We have had a lot of laughter with this game, and it has also encouraged group interaction in a positive way. as well as use in schools, this would be a good game for parents to play in the home.

Set 2.4 k or ke Domino Game
Set 2.4 k or ke Domino Game

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful and Fun, 4 May 2014
I have been using this set, along with the others in this series and the Set 3 - green cards, for my Literacy Intervention groups . (Year 7 - age 11-12). This game is popular, and I use it as a 'treat' after something less exciting, or to break up other activities. My pupils always ask if we are going to be playing one of the card games and look forward to them. They don't realise that they are learning, but knowing the right answer becomes important (as they want to win), so they are motivated to get it right.

Aiming for - Grammar for GCSE English
Aiming for - Grammar for GCSE English
by Mike Gould

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful for Revision, 6 Mar. 2014
This has useful explanations and activities to reinforce basic skills and I am finding it a useful resource. If you need some activities to work with Year 10 or 11 to support them in revising their skills this book has clear explanations and helpful tasks and I would recommend it. As the explanations are clear it could also be used by a non-specialist parent to work with a struggling child.

Set 2.6 Plurals (s and es) Domino Game
Set 2.6 Plurals (s and es) Domino Game

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Resource, 6 Mar. 2014
I have just purchased the Set 2 having successfully used Set 3 (the green ones) with the small groups I teach in Literacy Intervention sessions. I used this game today and the pupils were thoroughly engaged. As it is a bit simpler than the Set 3 plurals game the play was quicker and they enjoyed it. The cards with images linking to the sounds of short vowels and long vowels were useful.

Set 3.1 Suffixing (short vowel sounds) Domino Game
Set 3.1 Suffixing (short vowel sounds) Domino Game

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 7 Jan. 2014
I am a teacher and always looking for ways to help struggling pupils. Part of my role is literacy intervention and I have tried all of the Set 3 of I Say card games. In my sessions the pupils work in groups of four, and really enjoy these games, seeing them as a reward for having completed other work. However, because they get so involved in the games, their determination to win spurs on their determination to grasp the key points.
The games have gone down particularly well with the boys in Year 7, but older pupils have enjoyed them too. Some of the pupils have taken to playing them at home with their siblings, and have reported back that they have had a good time doing so.
I would recommend the I Say cards to teachers and parents. they would also probably be suitable for older learners as there is nothing 'babyish' about them.

Who Wants to be a Football Millionaire: The Quiz Book
Who Wants to be a Football Millionaire: The Quiz Book
by Various

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift for football fans, 10 Jan. 2011
I always find it difficult to buy for teenage boys but this book was a big hit with a football mad friend.

WRISTBAND USB FLASH PEN DRIVE MEMORY STICK 4GB - **RED** - BRILLIANT GIFT
WRISTBAND USB FLASH PEN DRIVE MEMORY STICK 4GB - **RED** - BRILLIANT GIFT

3.0 out of 5 stars Smaller than expected, 10 Jan. 2011
I bought this as a gift but it seemed very small. Because it was packaged (rather poorly) I could not take it out and examine it properly. Nothing wrong with it but I would not buy it again.