Profile for Refugee from London > Reviews

Content by Refugee from L...

Refugee from London

Page: 1 | 2
Operation Kingfisher
Operation Kingfisher
by Hilary Green

5.0 out of 5 stars A thoroughly enjoyable novel, 15 Mar 2014
This review is from: Operation Kingfisher (Hardcover)
I first started reading Hilary's novels, as she is a personal friend but continued because I enjoyed them so much. I have now read them all. "Operation Kingfisher' didn't disappoint me. Her research of her subject matter is impeccable. I am a French specialist and have supervised the coursework of A.level students, who were interested in writing about aspects of life in France during World War 2. It is, therefore, a subject with which I am relatively familiar. Even so, I expanded my knowledge about the importance of the canal system and the lifestyle of the Maquis through this novel. I enjoyed the plot and appreciated Hilary's style of writing too.

Happy Birthday (Doodle) - E-mail Amazon.co.uk Gift Card
Happy Birthday (Doodle) - E-mail Amazon.co.uk Gift Card

5.0 out of 5 stars So popular with the grandchildren!, 1 Jan 2014
Three of our grandchildren live 230 miles away from us, in Essex. Their ages range from five to twelve. They do have an Amazon wish list but they love these gift certificates and so does their mother!o The decision about how to spend the money occupies them for some time!!

The Kingmaker's Daughter (Cousins War 4)
The Kingmaker's Daughter (Cousins War 4)
by Philippa Gregory

4.0 out of 5 stars I learned a lot!, 29 Sep 2013
I knew very little about Anne Neville and learned a lot from Philippa Gregory's novel about her brief, often sad life. Because the author writes from the point of view of the main character in the Cousins War novels, you gain a valuable insight into the different perspective on events of the Yorkist and Lancastrian supporters.

Regatta Packaway II Men's Leisurewear OverTrouser - Black, X-Large
Regatta Packaway II Men's Leisurewear OverTrouser - Black, X-Large
Offered by COOZO

4.0 out of 5 stars A useful present, 29 Sep 2013
I can't comment too much about the Regatta Over trouser, as it was bought in August as part of a birthday present for my son in Essex. To improve his fitness level he has been cycling to a Southend Station, to catch the London train, five days a week. The weather has been good so far but his wife and I hope that he will feel able to continue cycling when it does inevitably deteriorate later in the year!

The White Princess (Cousins War 5)
The White Princess (Cousins War 5)
by Philippa Gregory

4.0 out of 5 stars Another interesting novel from Philippa Gregory, 29 Sep 2013
I enjoy reading Philippa Gregory's novels and this one was no exception. As far as I can tell, they are well researched but, of course, some of the episodes in Elizabeth's life have to be left to the author's imagination. Having read recently "The Kingmaker's Daughter", I was a little surprised that this novel didn't cover Elizabeth's entire life but stopped short at the point where Henry V11 had disposed of the two remaining Yorkist rivals. I did feel that there was over-emphasis in the novel on this aspect of his reign. It did bring home to me though how insecure was Henry's hold on power for much of his reign and I felt a lot of sympathy for Elizabeth as a pawn in this political game.

The Story of Wales [DVD]
The Story of Wales [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant series, 28 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Story of Wales [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this DVD for my son. We had seen the whole series on television and thoroughly enjoyed it. Huw Edwards is a very good presenter.

Yumega Supplement for Dog 250 ml
Yumega Supplement for Dog 250 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars I made a small mistake!, 28 Aug 2013
This product is probably good but I meant to order the Yumega for sensitive skin, as our eleven year old Ben used to scratch a lot and has been much more comfortable since we used that particular product.

Yumove Supplement Tablet (300 Tablets)
Yumove Supplement Tablet (300 Tablets)

5.0 out of 5 stars It's made a difference!, 16 July 2013
Our eleven year old dog. Ben, a "rescued" Labrador cross, was very lethargic last winter. As he had only been with us for two years, we weren't sure whether he was just a dog who didn't thrive in winter but, when these tablers were recommended to us, we decided to try them. Ben must have been experiencing some discomfort, because he is now a much happier and livelier dog. He loves chasing a ball but seemed to have lost interest last winter. Now he is back ball chasing with enthusiasm. We just need a tablet now which will help him find his ball again, once he has lost it!!!

SBC Collagen Gel with Pump Dispenser 1000 ml
SBC Collagen Gel with Pump Dispenser 1000 ml

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm "sitting on the fence"., 16 July 2013
I have been using this product for a few weeks now and haven't noticed any dramatic difference to the texture of my skin but I'm prepared to continue for the time being.

Pure Collagen Capsules 60 x 600mg | Hydrolysed Type 1 & Type 2 Collagen | High Strength Skin Care & Joint Health Supplement | UK Manufactured To GMP Premium Quality
Offered by Troo Nutrition

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing!, 16 July 2013
I was delighted to discover these tablets on line but I can't take them. I understand that they can cause an allergic reaction in some people and I appear to be one of them! I developed a nasty rash all over my neck and chest and decided to stop taking the tablets. There wasn't any other change in my lifestyle or diet, so I have to attribute the rash to the tablets.

Page: 1 | 2