Profile for Refugee from London > Reviews

Content by Refugee from L...

Refugee from London

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Citroen C4 Grand Picasso (2006-2013) Tailored Rubber Car Mats
Citroen C4 Grand Picasso (2006-2013) Tailored Rubber Car Mats
Offered by E2 TRADE

5.0 out of 5 stars A good purchase!, 7 Jan. 2016
I ordered these mats for my husband's car and he is delighted with them. They look smart and should do the job he needs.

VAX VRS25R Power Max Pets Cosmic Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner (1800W)
VAX VRS25R Power Max Pets Cosmic Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner (1800W)

5.0 out of 5 stars We are absolutely delighted with this cleaner, 21 Oct. 2015
We are absolutely delighted with this cleaner! We have two large black dogs who shed hair everywhere, even though we brush them regularly. Most vacuum cleaners seem to do a poor job but this one has a powerful motor and picks the dog hair up very well.

Solgar Hawthorne Berry Vegetable Capsules - Pack of 100
Solgar Hawthorne Berry Vegetable Capsules - Pack of 100

5.0 out of 5 stars It is hard for me to write a review at ..., 21 Oct. 2015
It is hard for me to write a review at the present time, as I have only just started taking the product on the advice of friends, who are medical herbalists.Therefore, I have simply followed suit and awarded it five stars. I had a nasty fall recently and hit my head on a door frame! My GP organised a scan of my head for me, which didn't reveal any lasting damage but it did show that - as I approach old age - I have some narrowing of the arteries. This is why I am now taking this product, as I believe in stemming this condition.

A Land Divided (The Blood of Kings Book 1)
A Land Divided (The Blood of Kings Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A novel well worth reading, 29 Sept. 2015
I loved reading this novel. I come from a Welsh background, so the subject matter immediately appealed to me. I have read novels about the period of history prior to the domination of Wales under Edward 1 but I didn't know anything about the era immediately following the Norman Conquest. There are similarities between the two periods in that there is constant fighting between the Welsh Princes fighting for supremacy, hence the title of the novel! It is very well written and the author really brings this period of Welsh history alive. However, it is not a novel for sensitive readers! There are vivid descriptions of battles and the consequences for the participants!

The Glass Room
The Glass Room

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting concept!, 8 Aug. 2015
This review is from: The Glass Room (Kindle Edition)
I was glad I had chosen to read "The Glass Room". I found the concept of using the room itself as the "main character" original and the story held my interest . Simon Mawer's use of the English language is outstanding. I have always been told I write good English but his vocabulary is so extensive the use of a dictionary is advisable!

Finding Philippe: Lost in France...
Finding Philippe: Lost in France...

5.0 out of 5 stars A novel well worth reading., 27 July 2015
This is an interesting, well written story that held my interest throughout. The characters are appealing (especially the naughty teenager!) and the flavour of the period seemed perfectly authentic. The reader keep wondering if Philippe will eventually be found. I am not going to spoil the ending!

Roman Originals - Women's Lace Panel Cotton Maxi Dress - Summer Holiday Cruise Beach Wear For Women Thin Light - Ladies Dresses Turquoise Blue Size 16

5.0 out of 5 stars An eye catching dress!, 12 July 2015
I bought this dress because I had promised myself a long dress this summer and I loved the colour of this particular one. You have to remember that you usually have to buy a larger size than expected in Roman Originals. For this particular dress I would suggest that you buy a bra in the same colour as the bodice can slip off the shoulders. I received many compliments when I wore this dress for a summer party yesterday.

When Christ And His Saints Slept (Henry II & Eleanor of Aquitaine Book 1)
When Christ And His Saints Slept (Henry II & Eleanor of Aquitaine Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars A very well researched historical novel!, 29 April 2015
Sharon Penman has clearly done a great deal of research of the period and then peopled her novel with well rounded characters. Of course, it is her view of the main players in the civil war that preceded the reign of Henry 11 but she really brings them to life. You feel you understand their motivation and share in their successes and failures. However, it is not a novel for the faint hearted! It is a lengthy and very detailed portrayal of the period and it is very easy to forget who the minor characters are, especially as they frequently change sides in the civil war! I am a Kindle novice and think I would have found it easier to read the book, as I could have constantly turned the pages back to check details. I have enjoyed reading the novel overall.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice, useful jacket, 7 April 2015
This jacket may never be my favourite article of clothing but it will be extremely useful for most seasons of the year. Blue is a colour that always suits me for a start. The shape is flattering too. I anticipate mainly wearing the jacket with trousers but it could be worn with skirts and dresses as well.

13mm Slimline Heated Hair Styling Hot Brush 240V NEW, White
13mm Slimline Heated Hair Styling Hot Brush 240V NEW, White
Offered by superbuys20

4.0 out of 5 stars I have short fine hair and find this product helpful, 17 Dec. 2014
I have short fine hair and find this product helpful. I was looking for a small barrel on a styling brush because of the nature of my hair.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3