Profile for Ocean fairy > Reviews

Content by Ocean fairy

Ocean fairy "Ocean Fairy" (U.K)

Page: 1 | 2
Sepulchre
Sepulchre
by Kate Mosse

2.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't even finish it., 4 Aug. 2008
This review is from: Sepulchre (Paperback)
I'm a wide reader and read from the classics to what his deemed as "trashy reading" however no matter what I am reading I have never been unable to finish a book before.
I loved Labyrinth and it is rated as one of my favourite books so I bought this book eagerly however,I found it impossible to get in to,the americanisms annoyed me,I didn't feel anything for the characters and in general I just disliked the book.It is a shame as its plot is so deceivingly interesting.

City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, Book 2)
City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, Book 2)
by Cassandra Clare

5.0 out of 5 stars "Hooks you in and doesn't let go", 4 Aug. 2008
Having loved the first book "city of bones" I actually purchased the american copy of this novel not wanting to wait for its release date here in the uk.
While,once finished I preferred the first book I was not disappointed with this novel and am eagerly awaiting the final book.
Having known the authour from her fanfiction days it was the name which initially drew me to her book.However,I think Bones and Ashes are both fantastic examples of modern fantasty.Clare is not afraid to shock for example with her ongoing incesteous theme also with Simon's shock transformation which many would agree is nothing short of horrifying.
Bad points,I can't think of any to be honest except the frustration of Clary's and Jace's romance .It's not perfect but it's also a darn good read which hooks you in and doesn't let go.

Bizenghast Volume 1: v. 1
Bizenghast Volume 1: v. 1
by M. Alice LeGrow

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 22 Sept. 2007
M. Alice LeGrow's greatly anticipated managa Bizenghast is a fantastic series and well worth reading wether you are new to the manga world or are just starting out as it were (there's no going back let me tell you;]).This mildly gothic managa written in the english style, meaning that you start at front like books here rather than the back,has fantasticly unique artwork and even more so plot.The plot itself centres around a girl and her friend who must free a spirit a night at the mausoleum after falling under a curse. There there are all sorts of evils,within the spirit world and at the crypt itself.There's some really creepy plots in here too.I suggest you buy this and the sequel as soon as possible as you'll be hooked.

Sims 2 / Game
Sims 2 / Game

4.0 out of 5 stars Okay could've been alot better, 22 Sept. 2007
This review is from: Sims 2 / Game (Video Game)
I found this game in the preowned section in my local "Game" shop for £6.00.I was ecstatic to find a Sims game so cheap.I soon found out why though.This game is't very good to be fair, if you want an ordinary sims game then you are definitly not getting what you think you're buying.As a rolepay game though this is fairly good once you get your hotel sufficiently up and running which is pretty much the objective of the game as well as plenty of seemingy pointless missions.You may enjoy this and you may not,it is disapointing for sure.

The Sims 2 (Nintendo DS)
The Sims 2 (Nintendo DS)
Offered by PARTYGAMES UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good could've been ALOT better, 22 Sept. 2007

Sabriel
Sabriel
by Garth Nix

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 22 Sept. 2007
This review is from: Sabriel (Paperback)
Fantastic prequel to one of the best childrens trilogys of today.If you have not done so already I suggest reading this book as soon as you possible can and buy the sequel Lirael at the same time because I can guarantee you'll want to carry on reading(although Lirael is not a direct continuation).This novel follows the journey of girl called Sabriel in to the old kingdom to find the whereabouts of her father.What makes this tale unique is the sheer fantastic imagination of Gareth Nix who sucks you in to his world so far you feel like you have been there and back yourself by the end.Beyond the safe wall of Ancelstierre the Old Kingdom is overrun by death,necromancers and charter magic.The sequel Lirael is equally as addictive and indeed even better than this mainly because of better prose which has been mentioned by some other reviewrs here.

The Time Traveler's Wife
The Time Traveler's Wife
by Audrey Niffenegger

5.0 out of 5 stars Breathtaking romanctic novel., 22 Sept. 2007
Most definitly one of my all time favourite books which I hear is soon to be made in to a movie.This book is well worth reading but it seems not to everyone's taste due to he mixed reviews on here andbetween friends of mine who have read the novel.Some find the story too far-fetched what with the idea of uncurable genetic time travelling, one of the main plots of the book.Also people who do not like romane novels may not like this as in theory this is a romance novel but with so much more going on.Trule a heartbreaking,intresting,unputdownable book ad I reccommend it to anyone.

He Loves Lucy
He Loves Lucy
by Susan Donovan

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet and totally edible ^^, 17 Sept. 2007
This review is from: He Loves Lucy (Paperback)
Another of my favourite "little black dress" books. I had read a story of a similar plot before (Jemima J by Jane Green) however, once finishing I found it was a very different and more enjoyable read.Theo the main male character is loveable and takes an intrest in Lucy before her weightloss which is a refreshing change.This book also has a Down's syndrome boy in it (Theo's brother) and as I have a brother with the condition I could relate to this, it is not very often you find chacters with a disablity within chicklit novels.I felt the characters had depth an the plot was unique.Well worth reading.

Mounting Desire (Little Black Dress)
Mounting Desire (Little Black Dress)
by Nina Killham

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay could have been better., 17 Sept. 2007
I've had an obsession with "The Little black dress" books recently and am slowly working my way through as many as possible.
After reading the back of this book it sounded perfect,in fact just the kind I wanted to read.Two opposite people having to live together, a sexaholic female and a born again virgin male.
The male a sucessful traditional romance novelist having to take on a female persona the other a new and more so sucessful erotic romance writer.
It's predictable but not in a bad way but I felt more could have been made of the charcters themselves.There are defintly better books from this publisher so I suggest trying those first.

Doctor Who Original Music from Series One & Two
Doctor Who Original Music from Series One & Two

5.0 out of 5 stars Breathtaking..., 3 Jan. 2007
I had this CD for christmas and had been waiting for it for ages and put it promptly in my CD player and it's been there ever since.

Granted not every track is on the Cd and Neil Hannons's Song for ten doesn't sound the same as in the actual episode but apart form that the songs on it are truly breathtaking and have even moved me to tears at times.

You're getting value for money what with 31 tracks and there are none on it that I don't listen to.And my little brothers love to listen to it while they go to sleep recognising the tracks from the show.

Some of the best are The Face of Boe which is haunting and has a touch of celtic music in it,Doomsday for the raw emotional notes,Song for ten and Love don't roam for the very sad lyrics hidden in energetic music and Neil Hannon's lovely voice and Tooth and Claw is a very energetic action song like no other.

Also Madame de Pompadour ,The Lpone Dalek and Rose both emotional pieces but there are also some fun ones like Westminster Bridge featured in the episode "Rose" and Cassandra's Waltz and of course there is the Dalek theme and the Cybermen theme from the episodes.

Well worth buying you will not be disappointed ,can't wait until they release a volume two!!

Page: 1 | 2