Profile for M. Kaye > Reviews

Mr Rosenblum's List: or Friendly Guidance for the Aspiring Englishman
Mr Rosenblum's List: or Friendly Guidance for the Aspiring Englishman
by Natasha Solomons

1.0 out of 5 stars a Rosenblum by any other name... stinks!, 3 Dec. 2012
I purchased this book on a whim, partly because the cover caught my eye. However, the more i read the more i remembered the maxim that one should never judge a book by its cover. I found that both the characters and the situations lacked credibility. Not to mention inaccuracies in the text. I struggled on, giving myself until page 100 to decide whether to devote my time to better things. Approaching page 100 i came across a glaring error 'Samson building the Temple', it was Solomon, and decided enough was enough. I am now offerring a perfectly good copy for sale on Amazon Marketplace for anyone that wants to go where i lack the patience to tread. The writer has much to aspire to.

I Saw Ramallah
I Saw Ramallah
by Mourid Barghouti

1.0 out of 5 stars Just stick to the book, 6 Aug. 2009
This review is from: I Saw Ramallah (Paperback)
Its a pity when reviewers confuse the opportunity to review a book purely on its literary merit, for the benefit of potential buyers, with that of the excuse to rant about their own, sometimes distorted, political views. It certainly doesn't help the author who is trying to get his book sold amidst the bile.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 24, 2013 2:42 PM BST

Solving Cryptic Crosswords: How to Crack Those Cryptic Clues
Solving Cryptic Crosswords: How to Crack Those Cryptic Clues
by B.J. Holmes

5.0 out of 5 stars Never a Cross Word, 29 Jan. 2009
I always struggled with Cryptic Crossword puzzles. Then i bought this book. After 50 pages I could complete at least 30% of the clues in the next crossword i tried. The only book, apart from a dictionary of course, that you will need to solve cryptic crosswords.

50 People Who Buggered Up Britain
50 People Who Buggered Up Britain
by Quentin Letts

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Gift, 29 Jan. 2009
This book lives up to its title and surely deserves a sequel each and every year. Its a lesson to 'know it all' figures in every walk of life and in some instances a sad indictment of what Britain has become in this age we live in. Well written and almost unputdownable (if there is such a word). The perfect present.