Profile for C. Jones > Reviews

Content by C. Jones

C. Jones "Jonesen" (Manchester, England)

LittleBigPlanet 2 (PS3)

Mad Men - Complete Season 1 [DVD]
Mad Men - Complete Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jon Hamm

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute visual glue....stunning!!, 6 May 2009
As a Sopranos addict, I'd read that that Matthew Weiner (the Sopranos creator) had developed a new period piece centered around a 1960's New york Ad agency, after the first episode I was completely hooked, the subtle characterisations, clever script, intriguing direction and sheer dedication to detail that has you hooked. All of the cast are superb, particularly John Hamm and January Jones (Neither of whom I'd heard of before). Give it a go, Its subtle, clever, witty and stylish, often very little happens, but it still remains eminently watchable.

Deep Black: (Nick Stone Book 7)
Deep Black: (Nick Stone Book 7)
by Andy McNab

2.0 out of 5 stars This is this the weakest link...., 9 July 2007
Having read every McNab book up to this point, I can comfortably say that this is the weakest, it develops well throughout most of the book (Good characters, vivid descriptive narative etc)until the last 20% of the book, where he seems to have lost his train of thought and forgotten how he intended to end the book, leading to a very unsatisfying fizzle instead of the usual bang. If you want to read a really good McNab book, try Crisis Four, Remote control or Liberation day....avoid this one, it adds nothing to the series

A Thousand Suns
A Thousand Suns
by Alex Scarrow

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast-Paced Ripping Yarn - Recommended, 9 July 2007
This review is from: A Thousand Suns (Paperback)
I picked up this book completely by chance at an airport, and having read the synopsis thought I'd give it a go. I've always had a keen interest in the events of the second world war and like to read historians views of 'What might have been...if only...etc' Alex Scarrow takes historical facts (the German Atomic program, the impending fall of Berlin, the political landscape of post-Roosevelt America) and weaves them brilliantly into rip-roaring tale of last ditch derring-do. A sign of his excellent writing skills is his ability to give real human deapth to each of his Characters, where you find yourself rooting for the Germans during their mission against America, even though the outcome is clear from the begining of the book. Having read lots of jack Higgins, Frederick Forsyth and Gerald Seymour, I was staggered to see that this was Mr Scarrows first book as it equals and often betters the other author's in this group. I'm off to buy the next book now. I suggest if you haven't yet bought 'A thousand Suns' you do so now.

Lucky Man: A Memoir
Lucky Man: A Memoir
by Michael J. Fox

5.0 out of 5 stars SIMPLY INSPIRING, 9 Jun 2006
This review is from: Lucky Man: A Memoir (Paperback)
I was given this book by my brother-in-law who raved over it, so despite not being a biography reader (3 read in total out of several hundred fiction books) I gave it a go. Even if you are not a Michael J Fox film fan (I was indifferent)this is a thouroughly well crafted book with an easy writing style which will leave you in awe of his strength of character. I've recommended this book to everyone, its a lesson in positive thinking, being both entertaining, funny and life-afferming. GREAT BOOK!

Ratchet & Clank 2: Locked & Loaded (PS2)
Ratchet & Clank 2: Locked & Loaded (PS2)
Offered by Click4entertainment Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars This Game is simply Clanktastic!, 17 Mar 2004
Well having been a complete addict for the original R&C, I didn't hesitate in rushing to buy the sequel, however I was slightly aprehensive that it wouldn't be as good. 5 minutes into playing R&C2, all my concerns were blown away. This game is simply awesome. To an observer, it may look just like any other platformer, but to the playing gamer it has playability X-Factor by the bucketload!. The controls are smooth and easy to master, the worlds which make up the R&C universe are so well rendered that I found myself stopping mid game just to take in the scenery and the dificulty level seems just right (Both myself and my 6 yr old son were hooked). The thing I truly admire this game for is its clever use of multi-layering to stretch out the length of the game, for example, reaching a point on the planet you are on only to find that you can pass without gadgets that you will collect later in the game.If anyone can tell me how to acquire enough bolts to buy the RYNO gun, I'll be a happy man.In one cut-scene in the game, the mechanic (who was also in the first game) says "it was good to see you, I'll catch up with you in about a year's time", and clank gives a confused look to the camera!, I really hope this is a hint that we can look forward to R&C3, Can't wait!!