Profile for Bruce Low > Reviews

Brain Salad Surgery
Brain Salad Surgery
Price: 11.02

1.0 out of 5 stars A Blatant Rip Off!, 6 Jun 2014
This review is from: Brain Salad Surgery (Audio CD)
NO 5.1 AUDIO! As with many others, I ordered this package ONLY for the new 5.1 surround mix, which I was shocked to discover upon delivery it did not contain. We were misled, if not outright lied to by the record company on this one. I already own many versions of BSS, so disc one (remastered album) is of little interest. It has been "remastered" many times before it seems. Disc two (alternate album) is a curiosity, and will be of some amusement to long time fans, but this IS NOT the version which made this album a classic. On to disc three...Stereo only. The new surround mix, it turns out, is now only available in the expensive Super Deluxe Box set. Why oh why are we expected to shell out a ridiculous sum of money for a Super Deluxe Box Set full of crap we don't want, just to get the one item we DO want. This would have been unacceptable even if it had been made clear in the first place, but it was not. We were ripped off on this one, people.
I ordered from Amazon UK from Canada because the release date here in Canada is three weeks later. I was anxious to get my hands on this release. Don't I look the fool. If you are from Canada and have preordered this three disc set expecting the 5.1 mix, CANCEL YOUR ORDER NOW! If you still want it, you can have mine. I will likely never play it.

Update June 10...Amazon USA is currently listing this 3 disc set for a July 1 release. Their product description states this...
"Disc: 3
1. The new 5.1 mixes of the original album"... "and the third disc contains a DVD with surround sound audio produced by Jakko Jakszyk"
Really Amazon? Obviously Amazon reps don't bother reading these reviews. Nor do they confirm the information given to them by the record labels.
Bruce

Update June 17... Amazon UK now have "updated" the product description to this ...
"(3-Disc set) Newly remastered + 2nd disc of bonus tracks + DVD-Audio of entire album in SACD stereo & 5.1 surround-sound."
After all of the negative feedback, Amazon still has it wrong. Wow! That's incompetence! DVD - Audio AND SACD? On the same disc! Wow!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 29, 2014 7:07 PM BST