Profile for J. Smith > Reviews

Content by J. Smith

J. Smith (Herefordshire)

Page: 1 | 2
TecTake XL heavy duty super light folding camp camping guest bed 150kg +bag blue
Offered by TecTake

1.0 out of 5 stars Smaller than you might think!, 9 Feb. 2015
Very disappointing. Seems quite flimsy. Smaller than I was expecting. The surface that you lay down on is only 190x60x42 (confirmed by the seller TecTake and shown on the box). The other problem is that the fabric is so tight that after several attempts two of us, trying together, have not managed to put the bed up.
Comment Comment | Permalink

One For All URC 6410 Universal Remote Control Black
One For All URC 6410 Universal Remote Control Black

3.0 out of 5 stars "...this remote will only work with TV.", 20 Nov. 2014
It's not as universal as you might think. I bought it to replace the remote for some computer speakers, but it did not work. I contacted One-For-All and they said "this remote will work only with TV." They helpfully recommended a different learning remote (URC 8800), but that one costs five times as much. I suggest you talk to One-For-All before buying. I returned mine.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 11, 2014 11:40 AM GMT

Ludlow to Hereford: Including the Kington Branch
Ludlow to Hereford: Including the Kington Branch
by Vic Mitchell

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 16 Nov. 2014
Excellent photos and information for my model railway project.

Seki Slim Universal TV Remote with Learning Capability Orange Yellow
Seki Slim Universal TV Remote with Learning Capability Orange Yellow

1.0 out of 5 stars Only two buttons work., 16 Nov. 2014
I could only program two of the buttons...returning.

Humbrol 14ml Precision Poly Cement Glue Dispencer
Humbrol 14ml Precision Poly Cement Glue Dispencer

2.0 out of 5 stars Needle applicator does not work properly., 13 Sept. 2014
Well, it is polystyrene cement, but the needle (a long thin metal tube) gets clogged every time I use it and the needle freely slides in and out of the bottle. I'll try another make next time.

Perixx PERIBOARD-407B, Mini Keyboard - Wired USB Interface - Piano Black - 320x141x25mm Dimension - Chiclet Key Design - UK Layout
Offered by Perixx UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Mostly good, 17 Oct. 2013
All of the keys work except the "f" which has to be pressed really hard to work. Otherwise it's great!

5 Star Air Duster Can HFC Free Compressed Gas Flammable 400ml (Pack of 4)
5 Star Air Duster Can HFC Free Compressed Gas Flammable 400ml (Pack of 4)

1.0 out of 5 stars Squirts out a liquid, 28 Aug. 2013
Works OK except that it occasionally squirts out a liquid. As I wanted to use this for removing dust from optical surfaces, and the liquid leaves a deposit on those surfaces, this product is no good for my use.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 14, 2013 2:23 PM BST

AKG K550 High-Performance Closed-Back Reference Class Headphones - Black
AKG K550 High-Performance Closed-Back Reference Class Headphones - Black
Offered by home AV direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't hesitate., 3 April 2013
I can't really add to what others have already said, but I can, at least add another five star rating.These are the best value-for-money audio product I have ever purchased. I find them very comfortable and the sound quality is excellent.

Update December 2013: I listen using them most days. My opinion hasn't changed. I forget all about the headphones now and just listen to the superb sounding music.

Apple MD199B/A TV (official UK version)
Apple MD199B/A TV (official UK version)
Offered by Digitalab

2.0 out of 5 stars Simply not reliable enough., 9 Dec. 2012
When it's working it works OK. The trouble is that often it will take 10 minutes of rebooting your network router, your computer or the AppleTV to get it to work. Sometimes it just stops in the middle of playing something and you have to go through the whole turning things off and on ritual again. You have to have a very calm and forgiving nature to use this device.

Harman Kardon BDS270 - 3D Blu-ray Disc Receiver with Built-in Amplifier
Harman Kardon BDS270 - 3D Blu-ray Disc Receiver with Built-in Amplifier

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality audio and video, 18 April 2012
I have only had the BDS270 for a few days, but so far I'm impressed.

I used it to replace an old NAD AV receiver and a Panasonic blu-ray player. I have it connected to my FreeSat box and an AppleTV. Output is to my Mitsubishi projector, B&W speakers and REL subwoofer. So far, everything works a treat.

Good points...
Less clutter: One fewer boxes, one fewer remote controls and much less cabling.
Video quality from discs and other inputs is impossible to criticise.
Audio quality from discs and Apple HomeSharing or Airplay via AppleTV is very good.
It looks nice: The styling is very similar to the AppleTV.
I have two speakers and a subwoofer so I haven't bought any amplifier channels that I don't want to use.
Operation is logical and simple.

Bad points...
I could probably have bought a separate blu-ray player and receiver for less, with the same high level of performance.

So far so good then. Worthy of five stars based on first impressions only.

ONE YEAR UPDATE
The unit has locked-up on me on two occasions when I was entering remote commands in quick succession...and a power off and on was required to get it working again.
Other than that it has operated faultlessly. Excellent picture and sound. Five stars now earned.

Page: 1 | 2