Profile for charlotte patterson > Reviews

Content by charlotte patt...

charlotte patterson

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug [DVD] [2013]
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Martin Freeman

5.0 out of 5 stars Good but delivery time??, 26 April 2014
I love this movie but don't know why they had to add Legolas and other characters in. The book was good so why change it?
This movie is great but why has it not came.
I ordered it on the 17th of April for my birthday on the 24th but then it said the estimated delivery date was the 25th. One day late, I could wait because they usually come early. But no, it's been dispatched since the 23rd and it is now the 26/27th and it has not came. All my friends have got it and I ordered it before them and also, some got it for £8 rather than £10. Hope it comes tomorrow or I will not be happy. Need to see this again!
Ps. Better that the first movie but not as good as lotr

CHERUB: Black Friday
CHERUB: Black Friday

2.0 out of 5 stars Alright but..., 3 Feb. 2014
This book is alright, the only reason it's alright is cos it's interesting to see him as a 21 hear old. Hate the new story. Go back to when it was one mission per book. Never gunna be a character that matches up to james or Kerry or Bruce or anyone. No point writing an other one. Read original series. Not this

I Am Number Four [DVD]
I Am Number Four [DVD]
Dvd ~ Alex Pettyfer

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheese mania, 2 Feb. 2014
This review is from: I Am Number Four [DVD] (DVD)
The books of this series are amazing. Loved them all. They were sci fi and totally epic!

This movie is a disappointment. They alienness is cheesy and it's more kids with magic powers running about like headless chickens!
The story has became a romance with superpowers mixed in.
The acting is bad and the only reason I gave it two stars is because of the amazing books

Write more books, no more movies

A Reign of Steel (Book #11 in the Sorcerer's Ring)
A Reign of Steel (Book #11 in the Sorcerer's Ring)

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as the 10 before it, 2 Feb. 2014
This book is great. I don't know how or why I am hooked on them. Started reading the first one in the summer and within 3weeks I had finished them all. The story always has some kind of twist to it. When you think the story is going to end, something else happens. For instance you think Luanda is pregnant, great then her husband is dead. Great twist and that is the reason she leaves the ring and kings court is attacked by dragons. The story has an adventure side, a romance side and even a good old family argument.

Pros.

The characters all have different personalitys and do something unexpected

The story changes in one sentence

People are hellbent on revenge

Romance that fails because of old enemy's

The triumph of good over evil

Cons.
Selese's death

The wedding never happened

Reece still loves Stara who I find annoying

That andronicus died cos now Thor has no father to hate

Godfrey realising what it is to be a warrior, I liked it better when he was a drunk

The worst of these is definitely selese's death
That was unnecessary but necessary to the plot

Think Thor should of stayed in the ring for a bit longer and then used his magical druid powers to save Gwen at the last moment.

Overall this is a great book that I would recommend to anyone, especially merlin fans when it was on.
Hurry for the next one!!

Glass Chess Set
Glass Chess Set
Offered by Unique Tips

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad, 18 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Glass Chess Set
Well what can I say, I ordered this to play with but the size is bad. It is half the size of a normal board and the felt was coming off the bottom of the pieces. I ordered a new board.