Profile for Kenneth B. Harrow > Reviews

Content by Kenneth B. Harrow

Kenneth B. Harrow "kenha1" (Merseyside UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Dreams and visions
Dreams and visions
by Tom Doyle
Price: 6.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't put this book down, 19 Sep 2012
This review is from: Dreams and visions (Paperback)
Last night I nearly didn't get to bed - I was still reading this book at 3 a.m. I got it on Kindle and have now ordered a paper copy.

True Muslims are seeking the Truth and the Bible promises that those who seek will find.
And now the Truth is coming supernaturally to meet them in their search.

This book grips just like God's Smuggler did in the 1960s.
Just as Brother Andrew got his Bibles into the USSR so God is getting His Word into Mecca.
I am praying for God to replace the fear and mistrust which some of us Christians have of Muslims, with a great love and compassion for them. We are not fighting against flesh and blood.

The stories in this book tell just how greatly Jesus (Isa) loves Muslims and, while some Muslim extremists carry out suicide missions, so some Christians are also carrying out missions which could be deemed just as suicidal but with a Message far more powerful than any man made bomb - A love attack.

We talk a lot about a 'Muslim (Arab) Spring' This book will build up the faith of Christians and will show Muslims that God loves them greatly. It could trigger off a Revival and a 'Muslim Harvest' across the World similar to the the manner in which the Pentecostal and Charismatic Movement swept through the church in the 60s and 70s.

I can't recommend this book highly enough to Christians, Muslims and anyone who thinks that there is no God. Jesus is still on the move.

Perhaps Tomorrow
Perhaps Tomorrow
by Jean Fullerton
Price: 8.10

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read, 25 Jun 2012
This review is from: Perhaps Tomorrow (Paperback)
This is the first book I have read by Jean Fullerton.

I met the author recently and was spellbound as she shared how she researches her books.
I was afraid that having seen Jean in the flesh (Well, in a swimsuit)and been so impressed with her friendliness, I might be disappointed with her books.

I needn't have worried.
I loved the book and Jean's attention to detail, especially the various aspects of life in the East End seen from different perspectives.

Some books have a tendency to wind down towards the end but this one maintained its momentum and the final chapters proved to be very exciting.

Jean is an author whose books I will be seeking out, to read over the summer holidays

Pat Harrow (Mrs)

Sir George Trevelyan: And the New Spiritual Awakening
Sir George Trevelyan: And the New Spiritual Awakening
by Frances Farrer

3.0 out of 5 stars New 'Old' Age, 16 Nov 2011
Sir George tried to unite Christianity with esoteric teachings.
The two won't mix. Egypt's magicians could replicate some plagues but admitted Moses' God was greater.
The 1st ref to the New age was in the Garden of Eden - "You shall be as gods"
The Bible gives warnings against such practices which destroyed king Manasseh.
New Agers are lovely people but are sadly seeking in the wrong places.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 25, 2013 5:21 PM GMT

The Impossible Takes a Little Longer: The Triumphant Story of Victory Over Alcohol
by Harold Hill

5.0 out of 5 stars God is still at it, 16 Nov 2011
All Harold Hill books are worth reading - especially his 'How to ...' books
They lift the spirit and make you feel that you can move the mountains you face.
Mainly through praising God rather than looking at the problem. As I praise He acts.

Noah Primeval (Chronicles of the Nephilim Book 1)
Noah Primeval (Chronicles of the Nephilim Book 1)
Price: 4.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Very novel idea, 16 Nov 2011
A view of the world using the Biblical Accounts in the Book of Genesis.
A great mix of fact and fiction. I am really enjoying reading this book.
I can't recall reading any book like it before -
Brian Godawa must have spent many hours of research.
Well worth a read.

Panasonic DMR-BS780EBK 250GB HDD Blu-Ray Recorder with Twin Freesat HD Tuners
Panasonic DMR-BS780EBK 250GB HDD Blu-Ray Recorder with Twin Freesat HD Tuners

2.0 out of 5 stars Will not show photos in sequence taken, 6 Sep 2010
I love Panasonic equipment but their DVD recorders/players will not show photographs in the order they were taken.
They jump all over the place which is very annoying whereas with much cheaper makes the pictures stay in chronological order.
I have raised the issue with Panasonic but they seem quite disinterested suggesting that I carry out the tedious procedure of renumbering my photographs 0001, 0002, 0003 etc
I have found others discussing the same problem on internet discussion groups.
Very disappointed.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 26, 2011 1:00 PM GMT

12 Moreinks Compatible Printer Ink Cartridges to replace Epson T0715 - Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black
Offered by More Inks
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Compatible, 11 May 2010
There is always a fear that my Epson printer will not accept 'compatible' cartridges. So far so good. I have stopped accepting epson email updates because last time I did it ceased recognising my cartridges. One of the reasons I bought an epson was the cheap price of compatibles. These are as good as any full priced cartridges - I print off photos and am very pleased.

The Book Thief
The Book Thief
by Markus Zusak
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Unusual but one more good reminder, 28 Jan 2010
This review is from: The Book Thief (Paperback)
This book reminds us that the Germans also suffered under the Nazis. There were no winners except death itself.
A timely reminder for our days when the UN seems to be merely recycling anti-Semitism under the title 'anti-Israelism' or 'anti-Zionism' which, basically, means that Jews have no right to a homeland and everything they do to defend themselves will be deemed to be an act of aggression.
Anti-Semitism is still very much alive and plotting all the time.

Every Day with Jesus One Year Bible
Every Day with Jesus One Year Bible
by Selwyn Hughes

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Book, 11 Jan 2010
Just suppose that there was someone behind planet earth - and that he issued a handbook on how it might run best.
Well that's what millions of us believe that the Bible is. And this version is written in daily chunks with a short comment on each chunk.
That seems to me to be a great way of getting to know what it is all about.
I can't recommend this book highly enough so I went out and bought a copy for a friend as well.
It tells how things began. It tells how things will end and it gives great advice for the years between.
It points out how Jerusalem will become the stumbling block for all nations.
It is so up-to-date that it is unbelievable (except I do believe it).
Most of the people of Europe think they know better and are bringing in all sorts of silly ideas to try to replace it.
But in this book is the true wisdom which has been in place even before the creation of the world.
Dare you to get a copy and read it - It will change your life - for the better.

The Lost Art of Practicing His Presence
The Lost Art of Practicing His Presence
by James W. Goll
Price: 9.53

4.0 out of 5 stars God is with us 24/7, 5 Sep 2009
This book is like Brother Lawrence's book with a similar title.
Anything which gets us to sense God's presence every moment has got to be good.
Jim Goll has written many other good books too.

Page: 1 | 2