Profile for JSeal > Reviews

Content by JSeal

JSeal

Dead Ever After: A True Blood Novel (Sookie Stackhouse 13)
Dead Ever After: A True Blood Novel (Sookie Stackhouse 13)
by Charlaine Harris

1.0 out of 5 stars Why...just why!!!, 7 May 2013
Oh the sinking disappointment as I read the final page! What the hell were you thinking! I agree with so many previous reviews, it was almost as if Harris just lost all interest in her characters & she had to bash out one more book as a contract filler, but even still she could have gone out with a bang...why make it so damn predictable! Almost from the beginning the dread I felt as I anticipated the ending was too much to bear, however I had started this series & was not going to walk away without seeing it through to the end...no matter how disappointing that ending was!!!
I plan on going back to the beginning & re-reading the series, but stopping at book 9/10...that way I can hopefully re-kindle the joy I had reading this series previously & it will in some way erase the utter horror & annoyance at finishing the final book; I literally threw it across me room in anger!
Just makes me sad that such a beloved series of books with such a strong fan base has just been butchered in such a way...Ms Harris, I'm sorry to say that you have let us all down; your series & characters were amazing, refreshingly different & addictive, the plots & landscaping perfection...I am an avid reader of Vampire fiction & when I came across the 1st Sookie book (several years ago now) I was so pleased someone had come up with something different & exciting...just such a shame your ending was more pathetic than a drained fangbanger in the fangtasia toilets!!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 9, 2014 5:56 PM BST