Profile for R. L. Tuck > Reviews

Content by R. L. Tuck

R. L. Tuck (Berkshire, UK)

Premium In Car Holder Windscreen Suction Mount for Apple iPhone 4 4S, iPhone 5 5S 5C - Mobile Accessories By Sunwire®
Offered by e4deal UK

1.0 out of 5 stars It doesn't stick well and it broke, 14 Dec 2012
Main complaint is that the suction pad really doesn't grip the window about half the time you use it. Sometimes it will fall off the window whilst you are driving along. In the end I only got to use it about 4 or 5 times before the lever on the suction cup broke, rendering it useless.

When it was working, it did manage to hold my EVO 3D quite nicely though (even though it's for iPhone it's adjustable).

Sony RDR-HXD890 Freeview+ 160GB Hard Disc Drive DVD Recorder - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but doesn't like scratchy rental DVDs, 27 Sep 2009
I've had mine for several months now, it is quite good for recording programs off the TV. the output is good (I only have a SCART TV so can't say anything about hi def or the HDMI output).
However, I have one big problem - it seems to be extremely picky about rental DVDs - I have a sofa cinema subscription and since I got this player I have had a lot of returns because of this. Case in point- right now I have had 3 DVDs in a row rejected - even though some of them are virtually flawless to the eye. (possibly sensitive to warped discs?).
It's really annoying and I wish I had kept my previous player, although it was cheap it played mosts DVDs just fine.

Raleigh Triple Pannier
Raleigh Triple Pannier

3.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy enough, a few minor niggles, 23 Aug 2009
This review is from: Raleigh Triple Pannier (Sports)
On the plus side, it's cheap compared to others and quite spacious (fits my acer laptop, albeit might not fit some of the wide-screen ones). I've just taken it on my cycle trip from Reading to Bristol, and it seems to be fairly robust. However the fabric does seem to soak up moisture rather than beading it off, so probably best to wrap items inside or cover it. The attachment is via 6 straps (4 on top, 2 at the bottom). It would have been better if they had provided quick-release clips as it's pretty fiddly to remove and attach the bag when stopping off at the shops etc. I partially solved the problem by using 2 bungee cords (not supplied) to do the job of the top straps. The bottom ones at least have a quick-release buckle which makes it easy to remove but they're still fiddly to thread when attaching. The top of the bag has a strap (length not adjustable) attached by two clips and seems a bit inadequate for the weight of the bag when full, although it hasn't broken yet. It could have done with a handle or somesuch for easy carrying. Overall I think it does the job but more thought could have gone into the design.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but could be improved, 23 Aug 2009
First off, it comes in a box with instructions on the back. Unfortunately they're in german. Happily there is a diagram which is good enough to follow. The slots in the V struts didn't quite fit the tabs in the top frame, but I managed to solve that by filing them down a tad. It seems to come with a fairly random assortment of bolts - I have some left over, but it was missing 2 bolts which connect the top arms to the bike frame braze-ons on the rear forks. A trip to my local bike shop sorted that out. Otherwise it's pretty good and seems sturdy enough - I've just been on a trip from Reading to Bristol with no probs.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 30, 2010 9:30 AM BST